Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-10-2022, 03:39 PM

9,182 posts, read 12,077,309 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MechAndy View Post
These kids are being dumbed down and are being indoctrinated to obey.

The special needs kids and those that need speech therapy are being hurt the worst.

I would like to hear from our resident group of mandates/restriction fans why this is ok.
How can this possibly be ok?
I just ran into this. It's heartbreaking.

https://twitter.com/AaronFromChi/sta...08441807753216

Old 02-10-2022, 04:18 PM

5,281 posts, read 3,020,050 times
It really is.
This abuse needs to stop yesterday.
There is no acceptable excuse for this.

Old 02-10-2022, 05:05 PM

1,369 posts, read 707,919 times
I don’t see it as abuse, but it is certainly a high price to pay, and it falls on someone who shouldn’t have to pay it.

This is one of the reasons I spend so much of my time encouraging people on this forum to stick with the truth, and do your best against Covid. If we don’t do better against the virus, the list of people who suffer is very long.

I know you would rather do away with the restrictions, and I know you don’t believe the hospital statistics. I think that the responsible thing to do is bring the hospitalization rate down in every way possible.

And as I have said before, I agree with Botev’s point, that young children should not have to mask in school anymore, now that omicron has crowded out delta. If we were still in a delta spike, I don’t think that would have been possible.

Old 02-10-2022, 05:17 PM

5,281 posts, read 3,020,050 times
Re read that first sentence you just wrote Arcos.

Old 02-10-2022, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MechAndy View Post
Re read that first sentence you just wrote Arcos.
Don’t quite get you? There are a lot of people suffering in this crisis. People should do more to fight Covid.

https://www.npr.org/sections/health-...ough-the-chaos

I find this heartbreaking, myself. I don’t just throw these people under the bus. And I don’t expect the medical profession to magically be able to care for folks when the hospitals overflow.

Actions have consequences. Inaction has consequences.

Old 02-10-2022, 05:36 PM

9,182 posts, read 12,077,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcos View Post
I don’t see it as abuse, but it is certainly a high price to pay, and it falls on someone who shouldn’t have to pay it.

This is one of the reasons I spend so much of my time encouraging people on this forum to stick with the truth, and do your best against Covid. If we don’t do better against the virus, the list of people who suffer is very long.

I know you would rather do away with the restrictions, and I know you don’t believe the hospital statistics. I think that the responsible thing to do is bring the hospitalization rate down in every way possible.

And as I have said before, I agree with Botev’s point, that young children should not have to mask in school anymore, now that omicron has crowded out delta. If we were still in a delta spike, I don’t think that would have been possible.
There is nothing people can do anymore. People wore masks for 2 years, got vaccinated, some got boosted, and most of the population also got the virus. What else is to be done? Most people want to go back to their lives because life is short.

Old 02-10-2022, 05:50 PM

I agree. I want to go back to my life too. And as I have said before, we may well all be able to, because we should reach the endemic stage soon.

As to what else we can do… I’d say continue to encourage vaccination and fight against misinformation. I don’t believe that there should be heavy punitive measures but perhaps it’s time to revert the policy of free treatment of Covid… bring it back to the private sector and let the insurance companies set their policies.

I obviously also think that if we had mandates with teeth, we’d be much farther advanced. But I know that lots of Americans aren’t happy with that. So… we muddled through and there was more suffering, not less. Consequences of inaction

Last edited by Arcos; 02-10-2022 at 06:02 PM..

Old 02-10-2022, 10:18 PM

8,736 posts, read 8,627,787 times
Quote:
I agree. I want to go back to my life too. And as I have said before, we may well all be able to, because we should reach the endemic stage soon.

As to what else we can do… I’d say continue to encourage vaccination and fight against misinformation. I don’t believe that there should be heavy punitive measures but perhaps it’s time to revert the policy of free treatment of Covid… bring it back to the private sector and let the insurance companies set their policies.

I obviously also think that if we had mandates with teeth, we’d be much farther advanced. But I know that lots of Americans aren’t happy with that. So… we muddled through and there was more suffering, not less. Consequences of inaction
There isn't misinformation as much as people simply wanting to move on.

Old 02-10-2022, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingsaucermom View Post
There isn't misinformation as much as people simply wanting to move on.
There has been a lot of misinformation from the start. When this hit, the conspiracy theories ran rampant, and they ranged from bizarre to dangerous.

I people think those conspiracies are funny, but I see them as eating away at the fabric of society. Making people doubt everything, to the point of inaction and thus, failure to react to a crisis that requires active management. In this country, the biggest problem was how politicized it became, and how so many people thought this was all to change who was in power. Which I bet is a pretty big reason why many will not take the vaccine. Minds poisoned from the start.

Not to forget the constant barrage of angry news designed to make people hate each other.

Old 02-10-2022, 11:07 PM

8,736 posts, read 8,627,787 times
Quote:
There has been a lot of misinformation from the start. When this hit, the conspiracy theories ran rampant, and they ranged from bizarre to dangerous.

I people think those conspiracies are funny, but I see them as eating away at the fabric of society. Making people doubt everything, to the point of inaction and thus, failure to react to a crisis that requires active management. In this country, the biggest problem was how politicized it became, and how so many people thought this was all to change who was in power. Which I bet is a pretty big reason why many will not take the vaccine. Minds poisoned from the start.

Not to forget the constant barrage of angry news designed to make people hate each other.
You are assuming that people who don't choose to vaccinate or wear masks are doing so based on misinformation. Some people just wanted more time to watch the situation unfold. Others were okay with their personal risk. Some live more from their value system, which isn't the same for everyone.

I strongly caution against assuming that the unvaccinated are misinformed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington