Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-11-2022, 01:56 PM

5,281 posts, read 3,077,727 times

Advertisements

Only an simpleton would allow their child to be experimented on with this unproven warp speed stuff.
Are these kids in need of this or is BigPharma in need of this?

Old 02-11-2022, 02:06 PM

1,066 posts, read 892,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MechAndy View Post
No I don’t have sources SV.
Not gonna go look either .

Where did you get this “advisers are not new stuff” did you just find this out?
Advisers have been around since at least the Roman times.

I’m not against having soldiers or even advisers which are soldiers .
Advisers just sounds nicer.

I’m just an anti war kind of guy.
I don’t much care for war mongers or idiots that make bad policies

Look I’m just a dude.
I’m not out to argue with you or to have snips going back and forth.
So peace eh?
I just get a lot of passive aggressive feel in this forum, and I tend to be blunt. People, not necessarily you, like to get little passive aggressive jabs in and then withdraw and that’s just cowardice imho.

I like sources because it lets me see the data, etc, that was used to come to a conclusion. I try to do that for my own things and appreciate it when people do it. I imagine we’ll keep butting heads on that, but I’ll try to attribute positive motivations to your posts in the future. I don’t quite get why you don’t call out some of the wacky stuff on the other side that gets said in here.

The adviser thing I was trying to understand if you’re critical of every president in modern history for putting advisers in harm’s way like you are Biden.

Old 02-11-2022, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Only an simpleton would allow their child to be experimented on with this unproven warp speed stuff.
Are these kids in need of this or is BigPharma in need of this?
I have a decision to make based off when the vaccine is available for under 5. Simpleton isn’t a polite way to engage people.

Old 02-11-2022, 02:12 PM

Quote:
I still think you are wrong that this is all or mostly all politically based.
I’m sure there is a bit of that.
I’m also sure that this isn’t strictly a party line thing.
It’s mostly a party like, sources of information thing. Jill Stein has been feeding off of Russian asymmetrical warfare vaccine misinformation for some time in the left, but it’s pretty limited in who buys into it. Unfortunately we’re losing the short term cyber war.

Before Covid.
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/anti-va...twitter-study/

Old 02-11-2022, 02:52 PM

1,369 posts, read 714,369 times
Quote:
I still think you are wrong that this is all or mostly all politically based.
I’m sure there is a bit of that.
I’m also sure that this isn’t strictly a party line thing.
No worries. I’m comfortable with the data line… Democrat to independent to Republican, more vaxxed to less vaxxed to least vaxxed, when controlling for other information such as demographics, etc. I try to take data at face value.

As to unproven… there’s more data on these vaccines than we have on many others. I’d be interested to see what the vax rate would be for doctors with young children. I’d trust that choice.

Old 02-11-2022, 06:17 PM

Cool.
No worries works.
I was going off what I saw.

Maybe I live in a bubble.
I tend to live in conservative areas.
Weren’t the republicans all cool with the vaccine at first came out?
I didn’t notice or feel a difference in public opinion until the harsh restrictions came out about a year ago.
Sure there was the far right.
Usually best to toss out both the far sides and look to the middle.

SusVelo,
You are right and I was wrong about how I addressed people in that situation.
I shouldn’t have been judgmental at all.
I don’t envy the situation you are in nor appreciate listening to that.

On a complete separate note that doesn’t include any young children.
I have heard several times and again today that these shots mess with a woman’s cycle.
I am far from knowledgeable on that.
As a parent hoping for my first grandchild I find this alarming.
Are the any unpolitical studies on this or are any of you informed on this?
Thanks.

Old 02-11-2022, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Cool.
No worries works.
I was going off what I saw.

On a complete separate note that doesn’t include any young children.
I have heard several times and again today that these shots mess with a woman’s cycle.
I am far from knowledgeable on that.
As a parent hoping for my first grandchild I find this alarming.
Are the any unpolitical studies on this or are any of you informed on this?
Thanks.
https://www.npr.org/sections/health-...accine-periods

And the original research article:
https://journals.lww.com/greenjourna...h_and.357.aspx

I’d just read the summary at the top and the conclusions, if time is short:

“Our findings are reassuring; we find no population-level clinically meaningful change in menstrual cycle length associated with COVID19 vaccination. Our findings support and help explain the self-reports of changes in cycle length. Individuals receiving two COVID-19 vaccine doses in a single cycle do appear to experience a longer but temporary cycle length change. Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) vaccination is not associated with changes in menses length. Questions remain about other possible changes in menstrual cycles, such as menstrual symptoms, unscheduled bleeding, and changes in the quality and quantity of menstrual bleeding.”

In a nutshell, if you got two shots during the same menstrual cycle, you could have several extra days of bleeding. If one shot, 0.64 extra days, within the normal range. After 3-4 cycles, back to normal.

Old 02-11-2022, 06:49 PM

By the way, since you mention that you are a veteran, the VA has a unique, nationwide dataset of patients that is not limited by the fractured, county by county system of private health care. So they can do the most comprehensive studies, often with millions of people.
I’d place more weight on the opinions of their researchers than others.

Caveat: their patients obviously skew older, white, male. Nature of the beast.

“ Even a mild case of COVID-19 can increase a person’s risk of cardiovascular problems for at least a year after diagnosis, a new study1 shows. Researchers found that rates of many conditions, such as heart failure and stroke, were substantially higher in people who had recovered from COVID-19 than in similar people who hadn’t had the disease.

What’s more, the risk was elevated even for those who were under 65 years of age and lacked risk factors, such as obesity or diabetes.

“It doesn’t matter if you are young or old, it doesn’t matter if you smoked, or you didn’t,” says study co-author Ziyad Al-Aly at Washington University in St. Louis, Missouri, and the chief of research and development for the Veterans Affairs (VA) St. Louis Health Care System. “The risk was there.””

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-022-00403-0

Old 02-11-2022, 07:07 PM

Thanks for the tip.
I tend to stay from those places.

Old 02-11-2022, 08:06 PM

We're planning a second and my wife is pretty tight with the fertility groups as it wasn't easy for us. As far as fertility, there's not been anything to show that the vaccine interferes with fertility at all. We pay a pretty penny for that opinion unfortunately, but it has been totally worth it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington