Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-18-2022, 01:24 PM

8,736 posts, read 8,641,742 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Botev1912 View Post
Does that mean the mandate ends today?

[URL="https://abcnews.go.com/Health/wireStory/florida-judge-voids-us-mask-mandate-planes-travel-84150309"]Florida judge voids US mask mandate for planes, other travel[/URL]
If I were flying today I wouldn't wear a mask. I would explain to the flight and ground crew that the federal mandate has been voided by a federal judge as it exceeded the statutory authority of the CDC. Unless the specific airline has its own mandate, I will fly mask-free within compliance of the law.

Old 04-18-2022, 01:28 PM

9,182 posts, read 12,092,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingsaucermom View Post
If I were flying today I wouldn't wear a mask. I would explain to the flight and ground crew that the federal mandate has been voided by a federal judge as it exceeded the statutory authority of the CDC. Unless the specific airline has its own mandate, I will fly mask-free within compliance of the law.
Voided means no longer exists and also should mean effective immediately as most court decisions are. Actually airlines have been lobbying for the mandate to end since mid March and been pushing the white house and the CDC so no airline will have voluntary mask mandate as that would be a killer for their business. Also, many people (especially those with special needs or with toddlers) have been avoiding air travel because of that. One size does not fit all.

Old 04-18-2022, 01:33 PM

8,736 posts, read 8,641,742 times
Quote:
Voided means no longer exists and also should mean effective immediately as most court decisions are. Actually airlines have been lobbying for the mandate to end since mid March and been pushing the white house and the CDC so no airline will have voluntary mask mandate, that would be a killer for their business. Also, many people (especially those with special needs or with toddlers) have been avoiding air travel because of that. One size does not fit all.
Well, there you go.

Old 04-18-2022, 01:35 PM

5,281 posts, read 3,038,282 times
I’m with you on that FSM.

Just to add,
if an airline has its own rules about masking up that is fine with me as long as it is not sprung on you in the last minute which to me would be considered “bait and switch”.

If they publicly post their policies they can insist on an odd dress code for all I care as long as there are other options (companies) to purchase from.

Old 04-18-2022, 01:36 PM

5,281 posts, read 3,038,282 times
You guys type faster than me .

Old 04-18-2022, 02:20 PM

37,029 posts, read 41,087,048 times
Quote:
Official positive cases are significantly undercounted especially since everyone has the home tests now. The CDC had estimated 146M people infected before Omicron and we all know what happened in the Omicron wave.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...es/burden.html
Still not 90% of the population.

Quote:
Got it. But if you have no symptoms, that means your immune system fights it off before the virus is able to spread, so that is a great thing. It does not mean you didn't have Covid. It just means, you had an asymptomatic/very mild case.
However, you are not counted as a COVID-19 death if you die with no symptoms of COVID-19.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rantiquity View Post
Stop....stop telling me what I get and don't get...you aren't a God are you?
If the CDC and others are keeping us alive why did nearly a million people die?
The only thing Fauci was doing and is doing is padding his wallet.
Poor compliance with mitigation measures.

How is Fauci "padding his wallet"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingsaucermom View Post
My son is friends with a kid of a... well, not quite sure, but they are all over the health industry, owning, among other things, part-ownership in some sort of medical insurance. Their holdings, just in our neighborhood, are in the mid-8 figures.. owns 4 SFH ($2m-5m each). Rolls Royce. Lambo. Some sort of motorcycle that's in the 7 figures. Not sure what else they have, but I've heard about a penthouse in Bellevue and that they are looking to buy the first yacht this summer. Drop in the bucket.

I bought my kid a $400 chain and the friend pulls out a $4k David Yurman chain from under their shirt.

I'm telling you this because whoever this individual is they really far up there (where ever that may be), making serious coin that none of us can comprehend.

Anyway. I've heard from the horse's mouth what they think of Covid and the vaccines. I won't say everything, but I do know they are not vaccinated. Also says Covid is NOT going away anytime soon. I don't know if they benefit from Covid being around or not. Judging by their budget allowances though, I would say it's not hurting them.

So I can listen in on a hospital system zoom call or I can talk to someone, off the record, that has substantial financial interest in a hospital system.
This is the kind of third hand information that gets misinformation spread far and wide. They may be wealthy. That does not mean they understand infectious diseases.

Old 04-18-2022, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
Still not 90% of the population.
This is before Omicron. Omicron wave had about 140 million people infected (estimates) and BA2 will get the ones who haven't been infected.

Old 04-18-2022, 04:14 PM

6,172 posts, read 3,370,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
How is Fauci "padding his wallet"?
By having an invested interest in the drug companies that produce the vaccines.
Like stocks and kick backs to promote their vaccine. And the Covid vaccine is not the only drug he has promoted in the past for profit.

Read 'The Real Anthony Fauci' by Robert F Kennedy Jr who is a democrat.

His book is on the NYT bestsellers list for a reason.
Many people died with covid not because of covid.

Old 04-18-2022, 04:50 PM

I hope so

TSA will not enforce mask mandate, administration official says

Old 04-18-2022, 07:34 PM

366 posts, read 300,890 times
Progressive heads are figuratively exploding, nationwide.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington