Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-06-2022, 08:06 AM

102,210 posts, read 107,859,557 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by E Roy Slade View Post
i think it was fake 2 years ago when they showed chinese falling dead in street from "covid"

yet if you google "athletes falling dead from covid vaccine" i think thats real

i know of one guy downtown who was stabbed and lived and i saw no report in papers or even that stupid free paper

some guy was attacked on walking trail maybe 5 years ago and died,that went to trial

i think bellingham is an ugly sham

read what winston wu says on site "happier abroad"

yet theres evil everywhere and good
Does Winston Wu talk about Bellingham specifically? He's a self-declared "misfit". His site is about finding foreign brides, among other things. I'll pass, thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2022, 10:56 AM

3,405 posts, read 2,732,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
But he had a great point; doesn't everyone sooner or later fall over dead from living?

LOLOL! Y'all are cracking me up! I like bartonizer's posts, because they do provide context. And btw, wasn't there another thread (or two) on Bellingham, bashing it? This is supposed to be the non-bashing thread, the one that points out the positive sides of life there. All the bashing is just a rehash of what was posted on those other threads.
I disagree. Pretend you're one of the people looking to move to Bellingham. Do you want to be lied to, spoon fed a bunch of happy horse crap, pay way too much for a home in an area that has half the average family income of Seattle, to find out that even this forum only rated Bellingham an 8 of 100 for safety?

Look at the realtors posting up on Youtube, idealizing your life in Bellingham as cruising down some scenic road all by yourself in a convertible on a sunny day to your next wine tasting event.....it's so far from reality it's not even funny. People deserve to know what they are really signing up for when they move here.

Old 01-06-2022, 04:26 PM

92 posts, read 87,218 times
We live in a world of massive untreated mental illness, and it will manifest itself in every place that man lives in some form or another, usually in the form of drug and alcohol induced crime.
Thank God for forums, however, or how else would these people be able to eject the bile towards everyone not them they seem to be filled with, or the rage that where they live doesn't meet their expectations.
Answer to either is simple - move to where like minded people hold like minded values, like where they lie, and detest unlike minded others.

Old 01-06-2022, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkcarguy View Post
I disagree. Pretend you're one of the people looking to move to Bellingham. Do you want to be lied to, spoon fed a bunch of happy horse crap, pay way too much for a home in an area that has half the average family income of Seattle, to find out that even this forum only rated Bellingham an 8 of 100 for safety?

Look at the realtors posting up on Youtube, idealizing your life in Bellingham as cruising down some scenic road all by yourself in a convertible on a sunny day to your next wine tasting event.....it's so far from reality it's not even funny. People deserve to know what they are really signing up for when they move here.
But there are two other threads for you to post your views on (as you already have). This one is supposed to be about B'ham/Whatcom being AWESOME! People can read the other two threads for the opposing views. On a thread dedicated to the positive side of B'ham (see thread title), bashing constitutes trolling.

Old 01-06-2022, 05:01 PM

@rkcarguy, you can start your own thread titled, "Ignore That 'Bellingham-AWESOME' Thread Over There! Read THIS For The Unvarnished Truth!"

Happy?

Old 01-06-2022, 11:12 PM

1,424 posts, read 1,937,733 times
Quote:
i think it was fake 2 years ago when they showed chinese falling dead in street from "covid"

yet if you google "athletes falling dead from covid vaccine" i think thats real

i know of one guy downtown who was stabbed and lived and i saw no report in papers or even that stupid free paper

some guy was attacked on walking trail maybe 5 years ago and died,that went to trial

i think bellingham is an ugly sham

read what winston wu says on site "happier abroad"

yet theres evil everywhere and good
Would you like some dressing with your word salad?

I'm not making light of the random guy attacking a couple years ago, but people on this thread frequently refer to one tragic crime that happened five years ago- as if a) random crimes don't occur anyone else and b) that's a normal thing that occurs here.

Again, there's a difference between anecdote and data. Do you understand that? I'll bet you a third-grade English textbook that we could look into any city near you and find a violent attack that's occurred.

Again, the violent crime rate here is lower than in most other cities of comparable size. That doesn't mean that violent crimes don't ever takes place, it means that they occur less often.

As to Winston Wu, the self-proclaimed dating guru and incel who hates Bellingham, the state of Washington, and this country in general, I think it's hilarious that you'd even use him as "Exhibit A" for why Bellingham is a bad place. But since you brought it up, let's discuss.

"Happier Abroad" appears to be one guy's diatribe against this area, from his experience living here 1998-2006. The irony shouldn't be lost on anyone that he's referring to a time when all the other B-Ham curmudgeons on the thread actually claim to have loved the place, before all the "implants" as rkcarguy calls them had any desire to be here. In fact, his main complaint seems to be the cold, insular, unwelcoming nature of the older and longtime residents. Maybe he was on to something? Here, people can read it here: https://www.happierabroad.com/Bellingham_Curse.htm.

Bellingham has changed a lot in the last 20 years, which is something that the curmudgeon posters here lament every day, but it sounds like Mr. Wu may like Bellingham somewhat more these days!

Old 01-06-2022, 11:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkcarguy View Post

Here's the thing. You've literally taken it upon yourself to be Mr. "I hate Beliingham" on the Washington state forum and have created and kept alive a 112 page thread where you've relentlessly badmouthed this city and anyone who's said anything positive about it for 15 years. I'm not sure I've ever heard you say a nice thing about anything here, or anyone who's ever moved here.

So let me ask you a couple questions. First, is being 100% negative and 0% positive your idea of a realistic and balanced portrayal of the area? Second, do you think that many people move to a new place in this day and age without looking into job prospects, crime rates, and rent/property prices? Do you think that you're the only one that can provide them that information?

Finally, have you ever looked at a real estate listing more any place other than Bellingham? It's hilarious to hear you accuse a real estate agent of being......a real estate agent. That's what they do, make a property and the surroundings look good. And it's easy to do here, given our natural scenery. And if someone wants to spend part of the year cruising curvy roads on sunny days in their convertible on the way to a wine tasting event- they can!

Of course, no one's actually arguing with you about the idea that people should do their research before relocating, and to come visit during several seasons before making such a big decision. And they should always have a good job and healthy amount in savings. That goes for anyone, anywhere, especially on the West Coast. But what reasonable person wouldn't do that? Who's claiming it's cheap to live here? It's no secret that supply isn't meeting demand for housing, and prices have skyrocketed, just like they have to varying degrees throughout this whole country right now.

So when absolutely all you say is negative things about Bellingham, you're not telling them what they're "really signing up for" by any stretch of the imagination- you're just trying to scare and discourage people from moving here. Period.

So, um, thanks for providing such a valuable service for so long?

Old 01-07-2022, 01:10 AM

362 posts, read 589,452 times
https://www.happierabroad.com/Bellingham_Curse.htm

should be required reading in all local schools

Old 01-07-2022, 10:31 AM

3,405 posts, read 2,732,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bartonizer View Post
Here's the thing. You've literally taken it upon yourself to be Mr. "I hate Beliingham" on the Washington state forum and have created and kept alive a 112 page thread where you've relentlessly badmouthed this city and anyone who's said anything positive about it for 15 years. I'm not sure I've ever heard you say a nice thing about anything here, or anyone who's ever moved here.

So let me ask you a couple questions. First, is being 100% negative and 0% positive your idea of a realistic and balanced portrayal of the area? Second, do you think that many people move to a new place in this day and age without looking into job prospects, crime rates, and rent/property prices? Do you think that you're the only one that can provide them that information?

Finally, have you ever looked at a real estate listing more any place other than Bellingham? It's hilarious to hear you accuse a real estate agent of being......a real estate agent. That's what they do, make a property and the surroundings look good. And it's easy to do here, given our natural scenery. And if someone wants to spend part of the year cruising curvy roads on sunny days in their convertible on the way to a wine tasting event- they can!

Of course, no one's actually arguing with you about the idea that people should do their research before relocating, and to come visit during several seasons before making such a big decision. And they should always have a good job and healthy amount in savings. That goes for anyone, anywhere, especially on the West Coast. But what reasonable person wouldn't do that? Who's claiming it's cheap to live here? It's no secret that supply isn't meeting demand for housing, and prices have skyrocketed, just like they have to varying degrees throughout this whole country right now.

So when absolutely all you say is negative things about Bellingham, you're not telling them what they're "really signing up for" by any stretch of the imagination- you're just trying to scare and discourage people from moving here. Period.

So, um, thanks for providing such a valuable service for so long?
I have spelled out many positives of the area, so 0% positive is simply not true. I may post more negatives than positives because a few people like yourself, and the plethora of realtors, have the "perks" well covered. I don't know why you worry so much about it, because for every person that may read my posts, do deeper research, and decide to pass on the area, 100 more must move here.
Lately, I think the best way to explain it is like going to Disneyland on a nice weekend. There is a lot of cool things to see and do, but you'll wait in lines so long and traffic so bad with enough rude and selfish people you don't want to go back again unless you do it in the off season, mid week. Unfortunately, people don't do their research. Just in our neighborhood we've had many an implant family re-sell their homes after 1-2 years, tired of the weather, homeless/crime issues, and high taxes here. One of them, (we actually became friends btw), thought we would all grow webbed feet, which isn't the first time I've heard this lol.

The "convertible wine tasting tour down an empty curvy road" is a myth. More realistic is that it will either by crowded as heck or a wet/cold day. It will end when one of our homeless druggie residents puts a knife through the soft top to get the charge cord and $3 in change from the center console.

Speaking of negatives, here is some more:
#1 in WA state for the worst hospital capacity per capita:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/med...=U531#image=37

Old 01-07-2022, 10:40 AM

Quote:
https://www.happierabroad.com/Bellingham_Curse.htm

should be required reading in all local schools
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Why on earth should someone's ridiculous website be required reading in a place of education? Have you ever been anywhere near a school?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington