Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-07-2022, 04:08 PM

301 posts, read 176,335 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Actually, the people who instigated the looting, etc. in Minneapolis were extreme Right anarchists, Minneapolis police and FBI investigations learned. It was all over the internet in the weeks leading up to the big party, if you knew where on the internet to look, and the FBI did know where to look.

Extreme anti-government White supremacists were posting invitations to come to Minneapolis for a rumble, and they easily blamed it on "Antifa", which didn't even exist there, according to the FBI. They used that as a bogeyman to scare Tea-Party republicans with, and st the same time, as a cloak to cover their activities with.

Things are not always what they seem.
Antifa is a well funded Marxist organization with paid members bused around to cities to f **** up. Tea-party? Do they even still exist? They are basically what you would call Trump supporters today. You can believe what the FBI says, but they have lost their trust and respect.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2022, 12:13 PM

3,203 posts, read 2,482,566 times
Latest statistics on stolen vehicles:

https://www.whatcomcounty.us/Documen...0oCyuf1b-xO4nE

Old 04-19-2022, 05:23 PM

102,188 posts, read 107,809,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowman05 View Post
Antifa is a well funded Marxist organization with paid members bused around to cities to f **** up. Tea-party? Do they even still exist? They are basically what you would call Trump supporters today. You can believe what the FBI says, but they have lost their trust and respect.
Antifa was not present in Minneapolis, police and FBI investigations revealed. In fact, the FBI said, that Antifa wasn't involved in the most trouble that summer at all. The extreme Right was using it as a bogeyman to scare people into supporting the rumbles the extreme Right initiated. They used Antifa as a smokescreen.

Old 04-19-2022, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Antifa was not present in Minneapolis, police and FBI investigations revealed. In fact, the FBI said, that Antifa wasn't involved in the most trouble that summer at all. The extreme Right was using it as a bogeyman to scare people into supporting the rumbles the extreme Right initiated. They used Antifa as a smokescreen.
You're a bit too old to look beyond mainstream propaganda or get out into the real world and know antifa first handedly. When the photos are shown of Hunter swinging his package around with underage hookers on the tax payer dime you will feel foolish you bought so deeply into these criminals.

Old 04-20-2022, 04:04 PM

102,188 posts, read 107,809,412 times
Quote:
You're a bit too old to look beyond mainstream propaganda or get out into the real world and know antifa first handedly. When the photos are shown of Hunter swinging his package around with underage hookers on the tax payer dime you will feel foolish you bought so deeply into these criminals.
The FBI has been warning Congress for decades about the terrorist threat for the far Right. In spring of 2020, they warned the Mayor of Minneapolis and the Governor of Minnesota, that a new movement among far Right anarchists and White Supremacists was going to strike within months, and they were right. You wouldn't want to buy into those criminals, would you? Hopefully they'll stay out of Bellingham, but I wouldn't count on it.

Last edited by Ruth4Truth; 04-20-2022 at 04:12 PM..

Old 04-24-2022, 01:19 PM

8,736 posts, read 8,664,586 times
I guess I want to add something to this thread now that I spent a weekend neighborhood scouting in Bellingham... we really got out and walked various parts of the city.

Not surprisingly I felt like all of Bellingham reminded me of different parts of Seattle. This isn't a bad or unexpected thing. Very left-leaning. Charming homes with exquisite front yard gardens. Some drifters/homeless/addicts.

Definitely as left-leaning as Seattle, but the homeless/addict issue isn't the same. Some graffiti (more than ever before), but no tents... Good.

Our goal was to find a neighborhood where we could see ourselves living and we mostly achieved that. I had expected Fairhaven, but have decided that's too wealthy and organized. We like South Hill but it's very wealthy still. North Bellingham definitely seemed more middle class/mix, but it's pretty flat and there aren't any trees (who cut the trees?). The houses have plenty of character, but not the streets themselves. We drove up on the other side of 5, which we hadn't tried in previous visits. Decided we really like that area the best. Several neighborhoods to choose from. Priority will be southern exposure and access to the interurban trail that can take you all the way down to the bay.

We loved Lake Padden. Reminds me a little of Green Lake, but more forested and with less people.

Good weekend. Will be back for another neighborhood scouting, probably in the fall. We will sell our rental next summer and then we can actually entertain home buying.

Old 04-24-2022, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingsaucermom View Post
I guess I want to add something to this thread now that I spent a weekend neighborhood scouting in Bellingham... we really got out and walked various parts of the city.

Not surprisingly I felt like all of Bellingham reminded me of different parts of Seattle. This isn't a bad or unexpected thing. Very left-leaning. Charming homes with exquisite front yard gardens. Some drifters/homeless/addicts.

Definitely as left-leaning as Seattle, but the homeless/addict issue isn't the same. Some graffiti (more than ever before), but no tents... Good.

Our goal was to find a neighborhood where we could see ourselves living and we mostly achieved that. I had expected Fairhaven, but have decided that's too wealthy and organized. We like South Hill but it's very wealthy still. North Bellingham definitely seemed more middle class/mix, but it's pretty flat and there aren't any trees (who cut the trees?). The houses have plenty of character, but not the streets themselves. We drove up on the other side of 5, which we hadn't tried in previous visits. Decided we really like that area the best. Several neighborhoods to choose from. Priority will be southern exposure and access to the interurban trail that can take you all the way down to the bay.

We loved Lake Padden. Reminds me a little of Green Lake, but more forested and with less people.

Good weekend. Will be back for another neighborhood scouting, probably in the fall. We will sell our rental next summer and then we can actually entertain home buying.
What's wrong with flat? It makes walking around easier and taking care of the lawn easier. Flat is closer to the bay beaches. If you want to be by the interurban trail take note that it's been destroyed during covid by neglect and storms etc, meaning you can't walk down the chuckanut part unless you park down there. The fairhaven end is still nice and in tact. But there are a couple other large trails, basically accessible from any neighborhood within Bellingham. I was at lake Padden yesterday, it's better than green lake.

Old 04-24-2022, 05:19 PM

8,736 posts, read 8,664,586 times
Quote:
What's wrong with flat? It makes walking around easier and taking care of the lawn easier. Flat is closer to the bay beaches. If you want to be by the interurban trail take note that it's been destroyed during covid by neglect and storms etc, meaning you can't walk down the chuckanut part unless you park down there. The fairhaven end is still nice and in tact. But there are a couple other large trails, basically accessible from any neighborhood within Bellingham. I was at lake Padden yesterday, it's better than green lake.
Are there any volunteer groups that go periodically to clean trails? They do that here in Issaquah. Definitely something I would help with if there is a need.

Nothing is wrong with flat neighborhoods, just that if I have a choice (and can afford it) I will go for something I like more. Currently living on a similarly steep slope in Issaquah and I like both the views and the exercise. We went to an open house in Alabama Hill yesterday. Relatively flat lot. Seemed like a great mid-century split home in good condition. Backed up to the trail system. Neighborhood full of home gardens, which I love. Listing agent said beekeeping, chickens and even limited short-term rentals permitted. Can't do ANY of that here... no front yard gardening, chicken, bees or rentals.

I like that the area is definitively separated from the other side of Bellingham.

Old 04-26-2022, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Are there any volunteer groups that go periodically to clean trails? They do that here in Issaquah. Definitely something I would help with if there is a need.

Nothing is wrong with flat neighborhoods, just that if I have a choice (and can afford it) I will go for something I like more. Currently living on a similarly steep slope in Issaquah and I like both the views and the exercise. We went to an open house in Alabama Hill yesterday. Relatively flat lot. Seemed like a great mid-century split home in good condition. Backed up to the trail system. Neighborhood full of home gardens, which I love. Listing agent said beekeeping, chickens and even limited short-term rentals permitted. Can't do ANY of that here... no front yard gardening, chicken, bees or rentals.

I like that the area is definitively separated from the other side of Bellingham.
The damage is massive like a tree falling and crushing a wooden/steel bridge, but there are many other heavily travelled trails in perfect shape.

There are homes in northern bellingham where people have animals. I think if you have more than an acre or so, but check the county zoning map and what each zone allows. Bellingham is a garden friendly town. I like Bellingham but would never move there because how woke it is. Make sure you spend enough time there to make sure its for you. If your kids are grown that's different.

Old 04-27-2022, 12:41 PM

3,203 posts, read 2,482,566 times
Quote:

Because of the crime wave (auto and personal theft), the citizens have banded together to provide a visible presence at trailhead parking. A business owner paid for his employees to wander the parking lot at Arroyo Park a few Saturdays ago. This has been a huge success and is now implemented every Saturday. There is a sign up sheet for volunteers and is posted on Next Door. If you move here and want to make a difference, this is your chance. You can also contact COB Parks Department for volunteering opportunities.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington