Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2020, 08:40 AM

102,210 posts, read 107,883,295 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Good to see the positive news. Seems like those on the far left remain as intolerant of others as ever.
The article is about the far Right being intolerant and creating a scene and threatening people. This is nuts!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2020, 11:53 AM

5,281 posts, read 3,076,286 times
I am not exactly sure what a 3%er means could you please explain that to me.
This is an actual question and not a jab.
I mean are you a 3%er if your family makes over 300K.
Does this change by the region?
If so what does a 3%er make there?

There are several blue collar working families I know that make that much.
Normally a high paid male with strong union ties like a fireman police officer or in construction management and a wife that is a nurse or is decently compensated for bookwork.
Several others that sell real estate but I won’t count them.

I guess my point is...
Exactly who do you not like?

Most of us just work our butts off to do the best we can.
We pay taxes like no others.

Do you not like people that do that?

Just what exactly do you not like?

This is a serious question.
I actually want to know.

Is it that we are displacing the locals?

All the best.
Andy.

Old 12-17-2020, 12:21 PM

Double tap.
Sorry

Old 12-17-2020, 12:31 PM

2,251 posts, read 3,270,871 times
"Anxiety was heightened by the repeated appearance over the summer of a convoy of pickup trucks trailing giant Trump and Thin Blue Line flags"

LOL! Classic! "Tolerance" by the left at it's best.

Old 12-17-2020, 02:22 PM

I just kinda smile and move on when when I see that kind behavior.

They clearly don’t speak for me.

It’s not right and yet it’s not wrong.
It’s just people that do what they do.

I have learned to just to move on.

That said when we were considering purchasing our retirement home.
We went to numerous different states to find the right spot for us.

Tennessee was an area that I really liked.
I shot that area down quickly.

I totally hated seeing the the “ God hates sinners” signs on farm roads.
Some of the signs were actually more blatant than that.

Not my cup of tea to say the least.

I am just a West Coast kinda guy.

No more.
No less.

All the best.
Andy.

Old 12-17-2020, 02:24 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,710,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondebaerde View Post
Yeah, right. My best friend and his fiancee own a couple adjacent properties south end of Whidbey, and moved there full time about a year and a half ago. The place is filled with "Whidbillies," burners and zeros who are 1) high half the time 2) "Everything's cool, man!" types...as derelict cars and other crap fill their front yard 3) halfwits and losers who seem to believe that "income inequality" is the reason they are halfwits and/or losers, rather than taking ownership of their own poorly-considered life choices. He's about had enough, coming from Bellevue, holding down a VP-level position at a tech startup, and looking for "idyllic" but finding the Beverly Hillbillies. At least they discovered that there new-fangled thing called "the Internet" and his connection is good during the lockdown.

I doubt OP knows what 3% types are, in any case. Quoting Seattle Times is clue no. 1. GMAB.
The 3%ers are fairly well known for being a wanna be militia anti government group. Kind of unfortunate for those who just wanted to focus on agriculture but whatever. Probably isn’t great for Whidbey property values.

“The group's name derives from the disputed claim that only three percent of American colonists took up arms against the Kingdom of Great Britain during the American Revolution.”

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Three_Percenters

Old 12-17-2020, 02:36 PM

Huh?

I kinda thought it was a total different thing.
Good to know though.

I have to say though...
Are your really serious?

I have never hear of that kind weirdness.

G’day.

Old 08-16-2021, 08:36 PM

1 posts, read 634 times
I've been wanting to retire on south Whidbey forever. It's been my dream. I've been fantasy house shopping and visiting and reading about it for so many years I can't even remember when it started. Now I'm less than a year away from retiring.

I'm a far left liberal AND a 3%-er. We do exist.

But if the south Whidbey I remember from all my visits, the Whidbey of rainbow flags and bookstores and artists, etc, has turned into a wall of trump flags and people screaming about the "intolerant far left," I will have to look elsewhere. It's heartbreaking. Is there nowhere we can go to get away from this any more? I just want to retire in peace without being afraid my neighbors might be murdered for being gay or brown.

Is south Whidbey still a good place? Or is this thread a sad harbinger?

PS - "tolerance" doesn't require tolerating everyone and everything. Otherwise you'd have to tolerate people who violate children. There are lines to what has to be tolerated. Hate is right up there on the list. The mis-use of the concept of tolerance is ridiculous.

Old 08-22-2021, 06:33 PM

861 posts, read 1,062,548 times
Seems like you're lecturing.

Old 08-23-2021, 02:50 PM

8,071 posts, read 8,365,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by _KayRock_ View Post
PS - "tolerance" doesn't require tolerating everyone and everything. Otherwise you'd have to tolerate people who violate children. There are lines to what has to be tolerated. Hate is right up there on the list. The mis-use of the concept of tolerance is ridiculous.
Yeah, being tolerant doesn't mean having to be tolerant of intolerance. I'm okay with people having contrary views, as long as they don't threaten or endanger others, whether on the right or the left.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington