Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2021, 12:40 PM

416 posts, read 559,752 times

Advertisements

Wow. Some of these replies are straight out of Stormfront.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2021, 12:12 AM

5,152 posts, read 8,523,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhymeswithcovid View Post
Bahahaha, new MAGA era. You can ask the multiple black people who've been murdered by BLM if your immaginary MAGA people are an issue. Candace Owens isn't flying to Tacoma to get you. Tacoma has bad areas and good areas. I'd avoid the bad ones.
You just proved his concerns.

Old 10-17-2021, 12:15 AM

8 posts, read 5,981 times
Default Tacoma is very diverse

Tacoma is very diverse half black half white population my wife grew up there and downtown is growing fast!

Old 10-22-2021, 12:40 PM

1,716 posts, read 1,981,771 times
I am considering a move to the area soon as well. The idea that you are coming from Oakland to Tacoma and worrying about violence is beyond laughable. No one in the whole Seattle Metro really knows what crime is.

There's a reason those antifa clowns set up shop in areas like that - because they know they won't be beaten down by the crime element. Come try that in my current city, legit LOL. It won't be the cops or magas that will be your biggest concern, I promise. I mean come on, look out the window and see the real world once in a while.

Old 10-22-2021, 01:43 PM

3,146 posts, read 4,100,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinema Cat View Post
Stereotyping is not 100% accurate, but neither is it irrational. All stereotypes are based on truths. A stereotype is an extrapolation of a commonly observed phenomenon...........
No, all steroetypes are based on perceptions.

A stereotype is an extrapolation of an individual's perception of an observed event. Nice try.

Old 10-22-2021, 01:58 PM

3,146 posts, read 4,100,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grega94 View Post
Microaggressions might seem trivial but over long periods of time they can be psychologically impactful. On the one hand the person should just accept that the person(s) they are dealing with usually means well but just isn’t aware of how they come across, but on the other hand this person shouldn’t have to deal with this on a daily bases. I can’t really speak from experience, but I do have a pretty good sense of empathy and can understand how annoying and hurtful it can get. Of course one could always speak up and let the other person know that what they just said isn’t appreciated, but it’s a whole other thing when you have to educate an entire society, especially one that is passive aggressive.
And it's also a whole other thing when an individual has to do this on a daily basis and/or multiple times a day.

Old 10-23-2021, 07:28 PM

1,515 posts, read 1,522,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhymeswithcovid View Post
That's why they want the groups black led. 20 white antifa high school kids smashing windows can then claim its a black led issue even if there's 20 of them and one black person.

Hey- respect our country and learn English. You have to be a Trumper with that writing.,

Show us the "Antifa high school kids" Had you attended high school, you would know there is no such thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington