Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2021, 05:28 PM
509 509 started this thread

6,321 posts, read 7,042,755 times

Advertisements

Governor Inslee has totally botched the coronavirus response from DAY 1.

Right from the start when his administration told Washington residents to attend the state basketball tournaments as the Vice-President of the United States was flying in on a Friday afternoon to get Jay to face up to the pandemic!!!

It took 30 days for the Washington Department of Health to show up after the first death at the nursing homes.

Governor Inslee refused to quarantine western Washington during the initial stages of the pandemic.

Then issued orders....that he REFUSED to enforce!!! As Governor, if you issue a ORDER it is not a suggestion. ENFORCE IT.

Now with the vaccine distribution. He dropped the age to 65 when vaccine supplies were very limited. Oh wait, he is under 70 so changing the order made him and Trudy eligible for the vaccine!!!

Meanwhile, 1.5 million senior Washington residents that are ELIGIBLE for the vaccine, play telephone and web tag for a 1 in a 1000 chance at getting an appointment for the vaccine.

I know Governor Inslee got his, and I don't mind waiting for mine.

After all the Ellites are special and should be the first in line. If you don't believe it read Animal Farm.

BUT, why do I have to spend hours each day trying to find an appointment for a vaccination???

It is time for Governor Inslee to resign. Enough. Not a recall....just get him out of office, before thousands of more Washington resident DIE.

Last edited by 509; 01-28-2021 at 05:38 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2021, 06:35 PM

8,736 posts, read 8,667,143 times
Who in WA, in you opinion, is going to do things differently or better?

Old 01-28-2021, 06:50 PM

Governor Inslee has failed.

I believe the Lt. Governor is a Democrat duly elected by the people of the state of Washington. It would be his job.

We need smart people in government.

Do you remember Governor Lowry?? Yeah, he was the one that looked like Yassar Arafat with politics to match.

In the middle of a forest fire with evacuations going on and nobody knowing how this thing would end. The Governor's office called. Lowry was coming to sign an emergency proclamation at fire camp.

Great...just what I needed.

They said, "find a place for him to stand and talk to the media and we will be gone ASAP."

He showed up. Signed the proclamation and was gone in 15 minutes. Most folks in fire camp did not realize he was there......he knew his role as Governor and he really was there to help, not for a photo opportunity, though that is part of the Governor's job.

I don't think Jay understands any of that. He needs to resign.

Old 01-28-2021, 07:22 PM

5,281 posts, read 3,074,759 times
It would really be nice if we could get a responsible independent or a centralist in this office.
I would even be ok with an official from what ever party line that was fair and reasonable.
I don’t believe that we have that we currently have that now.
We need to look at the issues and not the party lines.

Old 01-28-2021, 07:52 PM

2,360 posts, read 1,438,347 times
Yes, the handling of vaccine distribution has been abyssmal. In my county, people over 70 camped overnight in their cars, waiting to be vaccinated, and most were turned away...no clue when more vaccine will be available.

Do you know of a state that is doing a good job? I would sincerely like to know, because the way this virus has been handled has been a ****show from.Day One, starting with lies & no leadership from the top.

It has certainly overturned any faith I ever had for any level of government.

Old 01-28-2021, 07:53 PM

Doesn't matter left or right....just get someone with minimal intelligence.

Old 01-28-2021, 09:44 PM

What's bizarre to me is that cases are not really going down all that much... at least not if today is any indication:

[url]https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/usa/washington/[/url]

But he moved the metrics today to allow indoor dining and other such things like sports in the most dense areas of the state. Of course, I will take advantage and enjoy my son's soccer games (if they are indeed scheduled... TBD...), but I don't understand what changed from last couple weeks to now. We really aren't that much better off than mid-January. Why open up, demand schools go in-person now?

He's irritated me from the beginning. I can't stand him anymore.

Edit to add more:

He told us three weeks ago that it would be the "science" that would determine when it was safe and the 4 metrics was what would tell us.... and now what? We've decided that the "science" is okay with just 3 out of 4 metrics? What kind of hog wash is this? What kind of magical science is this? Or is is $h1t science?

Old 01-28-2021, 09:55 PM

4,483 posts, read 9,291,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingsaucermom View Post

He told us three weeks ago that it would be the "science" that would determine when it was safe and the 4 metrics was what would tell us.... and now what? We've decided that the "science" is okay with just 3 out of 4 metrics? What kind of hog wash is this? What kind of magical science is this? Or is is $h1t science?

Political science.

Old 01-28-2021, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sll3454 View Post
Political science.
Has to be. There is simply no possible way there are enough actual studies to change things around... assuming he was making decisions on science in the first place.

In other news... just got an email... in King Co it's full speed ahead for high school sports... they're going to cram all three seasons into the last couple months... my other son's tennis program starts March 1st...

Old 01-28-2021, 10:28 PM

3,205 posts, read 2,484,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 509 View Post
Governor Inslee has totally botched the coronavirus response from DAY 1.

Right from the start when his administration told Washington residents to attend the state basketball tournaments as the Vice-President of the United States was flying in on a Friday afternoon to get Jay to face up to the pandemic!!!

It took 30 days for the Washington Department of Health to show up after the first death at the nursing homes.

Governor Inslee refused to quarantine western Washington during the initial stages of the pandemic.

Then issued orders....that he REFUSED to enforce!!! As Governor, if you issue a ORDER it is not a suggestion. ENFORCE IT.

Now with the vaccine distribution. He dropped the age to 65 when vaccine supplies were very limited. Oh wait, he is under 70 so changing the order made him and Trudy eligible for the vaccine!!!

Meanwhile, 1.5 million senior Washington residents that are ELIGIBLE for the vaccine, play telephone and web tag for a 1 in a 1000 chance at getting an appointment for the vaccine.

I know Governor Inslee got his, and I don't mind waiting for mine.

After all the Ellites are special and should be the first in line. If you don't believe it read Animal Farm.

BUT, why do I have to spend hours each day trying to find an appointment for a vaccination???

It is time for Governor Inslee to resign. Enough. Not a recall....just get him out of office, before thousands of more Washington resident DIE.
I spoke with several health care professionals today (family physician and eye doctor) who both agree with your position on dropping the age to 65. There are 30,000 people in this age group in my county and they all want the vaccine. Peace Health, the monopoly hospital conglomerate gets the vaccine in dribbly amounts. It should have been the 75+ group then the 70 followed by those 65 years of age.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington