Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2021, 06:14 PM

8,736 posts, read 8,627,787 times

Advertisements

Bit of a drive, but getting the J&J shot tomorrow on Whidbey Island.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2021, 07:57 PM

8,191 posts, read 16,605,694 times
Great to hear! Lots of folks able to get their shots now.

I'll be eligible next Thursday April 15 along with all adults 16+.

I wonder if I should try to schedule something now 'before' next week when everything gets flooded with people? I could probably book it a week out.

Derek

Old 04-07-2021, 08:31 PM

475 posts, read 647,309 times
I registered with King County on Friday, received an email later that day and got vaccinated on Saturday (April 3rd). I got the Johnson & Johnson vaccine so one and done! I was quite pleased. So far very little reaction. My wife signed up on Saturday and was able to get the same vaccine on Monday. In two weeks we will be hanging out with our grand children (oh and children, lol). We have 7 grand children that live between Auburn and Everett !

Old 04-07-2021, 10:15 PM

8,736 posts, read 8,627,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MtnSurfer View Post
Great to hear! Lots of folks able to get their shots now.

I'll be eligible next Thursday April 15 along with all adults 16+.

I wonder if I should try to schedule something now 'before' next week when everything gets flooded with people? I could probably book it a week out.

Derek
Try it. I know many people that aren't qualified that are simply getting slots that are not being taken. I'm am in this category, though my husband pointed out that we technically qualify because our son has a developmental disability (autism). He's high functioning, but still, he's not as functional as most kids his age. He really does need more support. We are his support. We need the vaccine to stay healthy and supportive. End of story.

Old 04-18-2021, 07:12 PM

Well, I got my shot and scheduled for the second one. All of it only a few blocks away at the local Safeway. The gal at the pharmacy said, there is no shortage of vaccines. They're having a harder time giving out the vaccine due to limited staff. Only so many can be given per day at the one store.

Derek

Old 04-18-2021, 08:00 PM

16,214 posts, read 11,268,201 times
I'm a little wary of the way the vaccination program has been "rolled out".

My family has. for over seventy years, dealt primarily with a well-reputed regional hospital -- Geisinger Health Systems in Danville, PA. My brother and I were born there, and our parents spent their last days there. It was a Geisinger physician who detected and corrected my scoliosis and my brother's clubbed feet. There's a good chance I wouldn't be writing this if it weren't for them.

So when COVID emerged, I expected to arrange for the shot(s) at a local Geisinger clinic in my home community -- right? Wrong!

I don't know the reason(s) why COVID vaccinations from an established and trusted institution were made available only at makeshift facilities at five locations spread over about 1/4 of the state -- but I am definitely not impressed, and I suspect that the egalitarian sentiments of those advocating socialization of medicine were at work here.

And a Friday or two ago, a local pharmacy called late in the day offering shots the followihg Monday -- problem?I no longer drive and need 1-2 full business days to arrange for senior paratransit; can I arrange for an appointment later in the week? Nope! Supplies are linited and it's "first come -- first served".

I'm still hoping to get immunized against COVID, but I won't put my trust in a program apparently jerry-rigged by bureaucrats. Better to wait until the rush dies down.

Last edited by 2nd trick op; 04-18-2021 at 08:23 PM..

Old 04-18-2021, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nd trick op View Post
I'm a little wary of the way the vaccination program has been "rolled out".

My family has. for over seventy years, dealt primarily with a well-reputed regional hospital -- Geisinger Health Systems in Danville, PA. My brother and I were born there, and our parents spent their last days there. It was a Geisinger physician who detected and corrected my scoliosis and my brother's clubbed feet. There's a good chance I wouldn't be writing this if it weren't for them.
And a Friday or two ago, a local pharmacy called late in the day offering shots the followihg Monday -- problem?I no longer drive and need 1-2 full business days to arrange for senior paratransit; can I arrange for an appointment later in the week? Nope! Supplies are linited and it's "first come -- first served".

I'm still hoping to get immunized against COVID, but I won't put my trust in a program apparently jerry-rigged by bureaucrats. Better to wait until the rush dies down.
Don't give up the ship.

Without getting into gov't conspiracies and the like, you should be able to schedule this yourself with your local pharmacy. Although not WA, I looked up your area and there are vaccination appts. available right now.

You can view the scheduler here and pick a day/time that works for you: VaccinatePA

Derek

Old 04-20-2021, 02:00 PM

441 posts, read 432,311 times
I am finally getting mine Saturday. I have been trying since I was eligible. My husband is now able and he got a drive up appointment at the airport which is where i was trying. Mine is a local Rite Aid. We are down in Portland.

Old 04-20-2021, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARas2020 View Post
I am finally getting mine Saturday. I have been trying since I was eligible. My husband is now able and he got a drive up appointment at the airport which is where i was trying. Mine is a local Rite Aid. We are down in Portland.
Nice, I hadn't heard about PDX airport 'drive-up' vaccinations. Do you just show up and wait or did he have to schedule that as well? I'm guessing its scheduled since you mentioned appointment.

Derek

Old 04-24-2021, 11:53 AM

1,348 posts, read 698,536 times
moderna both doses just had 2nd little over week ago. first dose sore shoulder and arm not bad day or so, 2nd shot lightly sore at injection site on arm n then nothing few hours later got mine at costco pharmacy in gig harbor wa
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington