Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are Fed/Potus Mandates needed for WA?
Yes, these Federal/Potus Vax Mandates are needed 55 29.57%
No, these Fed/Potus Vax Mandates are NOT needed 124 66.67%
We don't know yet 7 3.76%
Voters: 186. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2022, 11:21 AM

1,369 posts, read 714,369 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowman05 View Post
That sounds like a condition you can solve without visiting a doctor. And probably a condition you're already aware that you have if you felt the symptoms. My aunt has on average 2 surgeries per year on basically every organ system of her body. I would bet she doesn't need half of them. She spends 1000s on a monthly insurance policy making her healthcare's perfect target market. She argues with others over who has more health problems, like it's a noble title to hold. If they test and find a result even remotely abnormal they will keep testing and testing until they scare you into a new product or procedure. They don't make money by letting you walk away if they can bait you.

Yeah, he offered the booster to guarantee you become more and more sick. I know advocates will have a heart attack over this comment, no pun intended.
Sometimes you don’t have to respond to a post to point out what’s wrong with it. Sometimes, we hold these truths to be self evident….
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2022, 11:46 AM

8,736 posts, read 8,669,736 times
Quote:
That sounds like a condition you can solve without visiting a doctor. And probably a condition you're already aware that you have if you felt the symptoms. My aunt has on average 2 surgeries per year on basically every organ system of her body. I would bet she doesn't need half of them. She spends 1000s on a monthly insurance policy making her healthcare's perfect target market. She argues with others over who has more health problems, like it's a noble title to hold. If they test and find a result even remotely abnormal they will keep testing and testing until they scare you into a new product or procedure. They don't make money by letting you walk away if they can bait you.

Yeah, he offered the booster to guarantee you become more and more sick. I know advocates will have a heart attack over this comment, no pun intended.
I’m getting to a point where it affects my quality of life. My memory is blown. I’m half as productive as I was a year ago. I actually tried to self diagnose for years as symptoms are vague and implicated in common ailments you can absolutely self-treat but fact of the matter is I got it wrong. You can’t self-talk your way through a tumor gone rogue. Literally pumping out so much extra insulin that it’s starving my brain.

I’m not your aunt!

Old 03-19-2022, 01:37 PM

302 posts, read 177,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingsaucermom View Post
I’m getting to a point where it affects my quality of life. My memory is blown. I’m half as productive as I was a year ago. I actually tried to self diagnose for years as symptoms are vague and implicated in common ailments you can absolutely self-treat but fact of the matter is I got it wrong. You can’t self-talk your way through a tumor gone rogue. Literally pumping out so much extra insulin that it’s starving my brain.

I’m not your aunt!
What kind of things are different for example from before a year ago with your memory? Do you eat enough? Any new meds you been taking?

Old 03-19-2022, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcos View Post
Sometimes you don’t have to respond to a post to point out what’s wrong with it. Sometimes, we hold these truths to be self evident….
I just can't help but notice how doctors don't seem to help people the way they should, giving the most profitable solution that isn't meant to cure anything. I have a mother on disability who I primarily observed over the years. She's given drugs that would be illegal on the street and other countries. The lifetime cocktail patients are used like a cash cow in my opinion. As much time as many people spend with appointments they should be more healthy, but they're spinning their wheels, always kept in fear of stepping away.

Old 03-19-2022, 02:16 PM

Quote:
I just can't help but notice how doctors don't seem to help people the way they should, giving the most profitable solution that isn't meant to cure anything. I have a mother on disability who I primarily observed over the years. She's given drugs that would be illegal on the street and other countries. The lifetime cocktail patients are used like a cash cow in my opinion. As much time as many people spend with appointments they should be more healthy, but they're spinning their wheels, always kept in fear of stepping away.
I don’t disagree with your assessment that there are problems with the healthcare industry. But if you take a step back and look at the steady increase in life expectancy as medicine as developed (even as people have worse diets, more sedentary lifestyles, etc., you can see that medical interventions and innovations do, overall, lengthen life and can increase quality of life. But I am sure there are parts that are profit motivated as opposed to health motivated.

At the lower end of the spectrum, if considering annual wellness checks and having access to affordable healthcare, there is no question… it is a HUGE benefit to the average person.

And to stay on topic to this thread, I feel like if people don’t trust what their government is telling them, they should at least trust their doctor (or a doctor’s) expertise. FSM’s doctor offered a booster and didn’t worry when FSM turned it down. That closely matches what the science supports. FSM has had a single JJ vaccine, and has had Covid (according to her). A booster would be helpful (thus offered) but not essential (thus no quibble when declined).

That matches the studies that show that having a Covid vaccine and having had Covid provides a long and enduring level of immunity from severe illness.

So, I repeat, if you have doubts about whether you should take, or need, the vaccine, talk with a doctor. Just like if you have questions about any highly technical and complex issue, you should find a qualified expert and just have that discussion.

Old 03-19-2022, 02:58 PM

Quote:
What kind of things are different for example from before a year ago with your memory? Do you eat enough? Any new meds you been taking?
That's kind of ironic that the one who is asking about new medications is the one who doesn't go see a doctor.

No new meds. After being treated for a rogue "hot" tumor in the thyroid the last 25 years I've taken a thyroid hormone replacement drug that gets tested each year and this year's test shows it's well within range and doesn't needs to adjustment.

My cognitive symptoms are that I'm omitting words in my sentences. I'm misspelling simple words. Sometimes I have to take a post it note of what I'm doing with me when I walk into another room because once I get there I can forget why I'm there (I go to find some specific screws in the garage and instead I start reorganizing paint cans).

Sometimes I literally want to cry when I decide to make dinner because I have to follow so many rules and stand up for such a long time.

I did have a job until last week. It took everything in me to do it and I stopped all my home tasks aside from cleaning the cat boxes and sweeping. I realized this week that the last time I had cleaned house was the week before Christmas... when I got my job. We live in a small house.

In addition to these symptoms I have visual changes. Slightly blurry vision most of the day. I sometimes get a break in the evening. I've had two bouts of double vision in the last couple weeks. I mean, I probably should have just realized then that I wasn't dealing with my anxiety disorder anymore.

But the "clincher" is the clinical finding. And reading that clinically identified hypoglycemia is rare in those not already being treated for diabetes. Really aren't all that many etiologies. Based on other symptoms (which you haven't asked about), it looks like I've got fasting versus reactive hypoglycemia. Reactive hypoglycemia is related to diet and time of eating (which you intuitively knew to ask about!).

They will next look at my insulin levels and a couple other hormones produced by the adrenal and pituitary gland. They'll also run a panel on my kidneys and liver (but it would be surprising since I don't have symptoms of disease in either organ). Maybe you think this is too many tests, but you have to realize they are solving a puzzle and the game is process of elimination. For fasting hypoglycemia they will likely have me admitted for a 24-72 hr fast. I think the idea is 72 hours, but if my blood sugar drops to a certain level they won't keep going... This test, especially done to 72 hours, finds as many as 94% of pancreatic tumors that produce insulin.

I'm actually hoping this is my diagnosis as 90% of these tumors are benign. It also seems the most fitting based on my symptoms and because I don't really have many of the symptoms related to adrenal and pituitary deficiencies.

So that's my medical assessment for you. . Hopefully now you trust me when I say, "No. Actually. Sometimes you DO need a doctor!".

I'd really like to feel better.

Old 03-19-2022, 07:00 PM

Best wishes to you. I hope you feel better as well. Sounds like you’ve been dealing with a lot.

Old 03-20-2022, 01:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcos View Post
I don’t disagree with your assessment that there are problems with the healthcare industry. But if you take a step back and look at the steady increase in life expectancy as medicine as developed (even as people have worse diets, more sedentary lifestyles, etc., you can see that medical interventions and innovations do, overall, lengthen life and can increase quality of life. But I am sure there are parts that are profit motivated as opposed to health motivated.

At the lower end of the spectrum, if considering annual wellness checks and having access to affordable healthcare, there is no question… it is a HUGE benefit to the average person.

And to stay on topic to this thread, I feel like if people don’t trust what their government is telling them, they should at least trust their doctor (or a doctor’s) expertise. FSM’s doctor offered a booster and didn’t worry when FSM turned it down. That closely matches what the science supports. FSM has had a single JJ vaccine, and has had Covid (according to her). A booster would be helpful (thus offered) but not essential (thus no quibble when declined).

That matches the studies that show that having a Covid vaccine and having had Covid provides a long and enduring level of immunity from severe illness.

So, I repeat, if you have doubts about whether you should take, or need, the vaccine, talk with a doctor. Just like if you have questions about any highly technical and complex issue, you should find a qualified expert and just have that discussion.
I agree that healthcare access does improve lifespans and everyone should have the option to visit a doctor. I also believe the healthcare system in the US can negatively affect your health if you take every single recommendation, med, vaccine, test and surgery offered to you.

Old 03-20-2022, 02:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingsaucermom View Post
That's kind of ironic that the one who is asking about new medications is the one who doesn't go see a doctor.

No new meds. After being treated for a rogue "hot" tumor in the thyroid the last 25 years I've taken a thyroid hormone replacement drug that gets tested each year and this year's test shows it's well within range and doesn't needs to adjustment.

My cognitive symptoms are that I'm omitting words in my sentences. I'm misspelling simple words. Sometimes I have to take a post it note of what I'm doing with me when I walk into another room because once I get there I can forget why I'm there (I go to find some specific screws in the garage and instead I start reorganizing paint cans).

Sometimes I literally want to cry when I decide to make dinner because I have to follow so many rules and stand up for such a long time.

I did have a job until last week. It took everything in me to do it and I stopped all my home tasks aside from cleaning the cat boxes and sweeping. I realized this week that the last time I had cleaned house was the week before Christmas... when I got my job. We live in a small house.

In addition to these symptoms I have visual changes. Slightly blurry vision most of the day. I sometimes get a break in the evening. I've had two bouts of double vision in the last couple weeks. I mean, I probably should have just realized then that I wasn't dealing with my anxiety disorder anymore.

But the "clincher" is the clinical finding. And reading that clinically identified hypoglycemia is rare in those not already being treated for diabetes. Really aren't all that many etiologies. Based on other symptoms (which you haven't asked about), it looks like I've got fasting versus reactive hypoglycemia. Reactive hypoglycemia is related to diet and time of eating (which you intuitively knew to ask about!).

They will next look at my insulin levels and a couple other hormones produced by the adrenal and pituitary gland. They'll also run a panel on my kidneys and liver (but it would be surprising since I don't have symptoms of disease in either organ). Maybe you think this is too many tests, but you have to realize they are solving a puzzle and the game is process of elimination. For fasting hypoglycemia they will likely have me admitted for a 24-72 hr fast. I think the idea is 72 hours, but if my blood sugar drops to a certain level they won't keep going... This test, especially done to 72 hours, finds as many as 94% of pancreatic tumors that produce insulin.

I'm actually hoping this is my diagnosis as 90% of these tumors are benign. It also seems the most fitting based on my symptoms and because I don't really have many of the symptoms related to adrenal and pituitary deficiencies.

So that's my medical assessment for you. . Hopefully now you trust me when I say, "No. Actually. Sometimes you DO need a doctor!".

I'd really like to feel better.
I asked if you take any new meds because they often screw with your health. I also forget what I'm trying to do, usually because I'm either tired or I'm trying to do too many things at once. I really think you need to simplify your meals so they're easier to cook. Maybe buy pre-chopped veggies or sauces. Write down the most easy recipes that you can eat on a calendar. I think your lifestyle and health will improve after leaving that job. Also the masking mandate wouldn't have helped you during the past year. We aren't meant to breath our own carbon and mucus for hours at a time like there's an apocalypse. If you took the J&J who knows how that impacted you. I swear I only hear these dramatic covid stories from people who are vaccinated. It's like you manifest what you feed your energy into.

Well you can check your levels and rule something out for peace of mind. All I suggest is give yourself time to feel better before committing to a whole saga of tests and appointments. It's spring now which can only help. I gave up trying to convince my mother to lay off some meds. She's scared she will die with out them. I have more faith in her body than she does.

Old 03-20-2022, 08:39 AM

Quote:
I asked if you take any new meds because they often screw with your health. I also forget what I'm trying to do, usually because I'm either tired or I'm trying to do too many things at once. I really think you need to simplify your meals so they're easier to cook. Maybe buy pre-chopped veggies or sauces. Write down the most easy recipes that you can eat on a calendar. I think your lifestyle and health will improve after leaving that job. Also the masking mandate wouldn't have helped you during the past year. We aren't meant to breath our own carbon and mucus for hours at a time like there's an apocalypse. If you took the J&J who knows how that impacted you. I swear I only hear these dramatic covid stories from people who are vaccinated. It's like you manifest what you feed your energy into.

Well you can check your levels and rule something out for peace of mind. All I suggest is give yourself time to feel better before committing to a whole saga of tests and appointments. It's spring now which can only help. I gave up trying to convince my mother to lay off some meds. She's scared she will die with out them. I have more faith in her body than she does.
Well that just figures. I'm looking at the strong possibility of having a serious condition and the internet tells me it's because of the mask mandates.. .

The times I have felt best these last months were when I was working as I was distracted. But I also ate worse... we relied heavily on what I would bring home... not the healthiest of stuff. A couple months and that alone might have tipped me over the edge...

Related to the vaccine??? Probably not. I had all these symptoms long before Covid which I've even documented here in CD. To be sure they were never this extreme.

It's all a mess. I'm sure I can sit here and waste my time thinking about why. But of everything I will say that I have had a bit of a death wish. It's like you manifest what you feed your energy into. . Yep.
I agree with that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington