Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are Fed/Potus Mandates needed for WA?
Yes, these Federal/Potus Vax Mandates are needed 55 29.57%
No, these Fed/Potus Vax Mandates are NOT needed 124 66.67%
We don't know yet 7 3.76%
Voters: 186. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2021, 10:38 PM

8,736 posts, read 8,668,443 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Botev1912 View Post
I am not confused. I know who makes decisions in each state. I was also responding to your unreasonable request that everyone should still live like a hermit 20 months later. Guess what, even most states don't think so anymore, so you can't expect vaccinated people to follow the same rules as they did at the beginning of the pandemic especially when it's not required.

I am SOOO curious how the mandate is actually going to pan out on Monday.

[url]https://komonews.com/news/local/questions-answers-about-new-king-county-vaccination-verification-policy-starting-oct-25[/url]

I'm a little encouraged by "Q: Will Restaurants Enforce it?"

The answer:

"Many restaurants are dedicating a person to just checking people’s vaccination status at the front door.

But most tell me they don’t want to be the vaccination police."

I've seen a few signs go up this last week, like at the movie theater last night (btw: I had someone not in my family seated next to me -an older man- so I kept my mask on the entire duration of Dune ).

But I have seen more places without signs than with them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2021, 02:02 AM

1,369 posts, read 714,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Botev1912 View Post
I am not confused. I know who makes decisions in each state. I was also responding to your unreasonable request that everyone should still live like a hermit 20 months later. Guess what, even most states don't think so anymore, so you can't expect vaccinated people to follow the same rules as they did at the beginning of the pandemic especially when it's not required.
No one should live like a hermit. You should go outside, partake in activities, and enjoy life. Spend time with friends and family.
But do it while fighting Covid in the best ways that you can. States have dropped restrictions. That doesn't mean COVID isn't spreading. Look at the numbers and make decisions for yourself. If the Delta variant is surging, recognize that fact, even though your state doesn't tell you to do or not do something. Act in a sensible manner that's also sustainable for your family. KN95 masks, for example, allow you to be safer while still enjoying life. You can go to an open air event or one where better ventilation is available or go when you know it will not be crowded. All these things help... a bit.

The tools are the same. The extent that you use them are variable dependent on your individual circumstances.

But pretending COVID doesn't exist will not work. The current death count is shameful, IMO. Seven day average at 1,650 people per day??? The unvaxxed are perpetuating the crisis the most. Those who pretend COVID isn't still spreading and killing are also helping perpetuate the crisis.

Old 10-24-2021, 02:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingsaucermom View Post
I am SOOO curious how the mandate is actually going to pan out on Monday.

https://komonews.com/news/local/ques...tarting-oct-25

I'm a little encouraged by "Q: Will Restaurants Enforce it?"

The answer:

"Many restaurants are dedicating a person to just checking people’s vaccination status at the front door.

But most tell me they don’t want to be the vaccination police."

I've seen a few signs go up this last week, like at the movie theater last night (btw: I had someone not in my family seated next to me -an older man- so I kept my mask on the entire duration of Dune ).

But I have seen more places without signs than with them.
People who are being more conservative will be more likely to return to indoor dining if and when places strictly enforce masking and vaccination regulations.

Not wanting to be the vaccination police is understandable. In the US, we are uncomfortable with all these restrictions. Which is a big reason why we are doing so poorly against COVID.

But we will not return to earlier levels of economic activity if the bare minimum is not done to prevent the spread of COVID. Europe seems to be leading the way with vaccine passports. We should have prepped for this the day it was announced that vaccines were in development.

Old 10-24-2021, 05:53 AM

9,182 posts, read 12,126,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcos View Post
No one should live like a hermit. You should go outside, partake in activities, and enjoy life. Spend time with friends and family.
But do it while fighting Covid in the best ways that you can. States have dropped restrictions. That doesn't mean COVID isn't spreading. Look at the numbers and make decisions for yourself. If the Delta variant is surging, recognize that fact, even though your state doesn't tell you to do or not do something. Act in a sensible manner that's also sustainable for your family. KN95 masks, for example, allow you to be safer while still enjoying life. You can go to an open air event or one where better ventilation is available or go when you know it will not be crowded. All these things help... a bit.

The tools are the same. The extent that you use them are variable dependent on your individual circumstances.

But pretending COVID doesn't exist will not work. The current death count is shameful, IMO. Seven day average at 1,650 people per day??? The unvaxxed are perpetuating the crisis the most. Those who pretend COVID isn't still spreading and killing are also helping perpetuate the crisis.
When did I or anyone else in this thread pretend COVID doesn't exist? This is why so many people (82%) in King County got vaccinated because people know COVID exists and almost everyone wants to get back to their normal lives. Hope you didn't watch the Seattle Kraken game yesterday, you would have thought all of these people pretend COVID does not exist.

Old 10-24-2021, 10:49 AM

1,889 posts, read 2,199,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcos View Post
People who are being more conservative will be more likely to return to indoor dining if and when places strictly enforce masking and vaccination regulations.

Not wanting to be the vaccination police is understandable. In the US, we are uncomfortable with all these restrictions. Which is a big reason why we are doing so poorly against COVID.

But we will not return to earlier levels of economic activity if the bare minimum is not done to prevent the spread of COVID. Europe seems to be leading the way with vaccine passports. We should have prepped for this the day it was announced that vaccines were in development.

Old 10-24-2021, 11:33 AM

5,281 posts, read 3,076,286 times
My mother went through that in WW11 Germany.
Never once did I think I would see that here.

The point is about 100% of the people are aware and are doing things to protect our families.
It’s just that lots of us don’t agree with stormtrooper passports and mandate tractates.

Nothing you say or do will ever change that.

Old 10-24-2021, 11:35 PM

3,693 posts, read 2,412,209 times
Apples and oranges.

Old 10-25-2021, 01:45 AM

Yeah, I don’t see that. There’s no will for that type of authoritarianism in the US. And vaccine passports aren’t authoritarian. They’re a necessary task to block a disease.

The US has, throughout history, been MUCH MORE forceful, including drafting people to go fight and die against their will, force marching people out of their ancestral homes, slavery, etc etc. And ALL those actions had the full throated support of the dominant majority of the nation.

Asking people to show evidence that they are vaccinated has been legal and Constitutional since 1905. Y’all need to stop being so triggered.

Old 10-25-2021, 02:59 PM

2,251 posts, read 3,270,871 times
Well, we've been back from Orlando, FL for 10 days now. Had to mask-up indoors at Disney World, pretty much nowhere else. No other mask mandates and no vaccines mandates in sight. Many places we were packed indoors like sardines.

And here we are, 6 of us, some vaccinated, some not. The media would have you believe people are dying like flies there.

So far, we're not dead...

Old 10-25-2021, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PS90 View Post
Well, we've been back from Orlando, FL for 10 days now. Had to mask-up indoors at Disney World, pretty much nowhere else. No other mask mandates and no vaccines mandates in sight. Many places we were packed indoors like sardines.

And here we are, 6 of us, some vaccinated, some not. The media would have you believe people are dying like flies there.

So far, we're not dead...
‘The media’ wouldn’t have us believe that, but you certainly can mischaracterize news coverage to justify your actions. You wouldn’t be the first, by far.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington