Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are Fed/Potus Mandates needed for WA?
Yes, these Federal/Potus Vax Mandates are needed 55 29.57%
No, these Fed/Potus Vax Mandates are NOT needed 124 66.67%
We don't know yet 7 3.76%
Voters: 186. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2021, 01:00 PM

1,369 posts, read 714,168 times

Advertisements

“ Biden is failing to adequately explain why he so badly failed to predict the swift collapse of the Afghan state. And his credibility has been sullied because his confident downplaying of the risks of the withdrawal has been repeatedly confounded by events. Seven months into his term, Biden no longer gets credit simply for not being Donald Trump.”

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2021/08/19/p...iny/index.html

Lol, this wasn’t even my argument and all I did was a quick Google search. Will the honourable PS90 admit that PS90’s question was successfully answered and that it proved Transmition’s point and undermined PS90’s point?

I’ll wait.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2021, 03:20 PM

2,251 posts, read 3,270,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcos View Post
“ Biden is failing to adequately explain why he so badly failed to predict the swift collapse of the Afghan state. And his credibility has been sullied because his confident downplaying of the risks of the withdrawal has been repeatedly confounded by events. Seven months into his term, Biden no longer gets credit simply for not being Donald Trump.”

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2021/08/19/p...iny/index.html

Lol, this wasn’t even my argument and all I did was a quick Google search. Will the honourable PS90 admit that PS90’s question was successfully answered and that it proved Transmition’s point and undermined PS90’s point?

I’ll wait.
LOL! You got me there.

But, there is not much to debate about the Afghanistan withdrawal. CNN had no choice but to distance themselves from Biden over that disaster.

Old 12-15-2021, 03:55 PM

1,495 posts, read 1,672,180 times
You didn't even take a quick look before setting that challenge? There is an anti-Biden article on the front page right now (https://www.cnn.com/2021/12/15/polit...omy/index.html since the front page might change between my posting this and you reading it). If you go to their special Biden page (https://www.cnn.com/specials/politics/joe-biden-news) then I'd say that about 50% are anti-Biden or anti-Harris from the headlines alone and the rest are neutral at best. I didn't spot any pro. I'm saying anti-Biden here when really it is a Biden article that doesn't paint him in a good light and doesn't try to direct blame elsewhere.

I'm sensing a theme here, maybe consider that they are just against bad politicians and not left wing at all. I still want to make it clear that I don't think CNN is a good news source; not because they lie or anything, it's their terrible style, and they aren't left wing by any stretch.

Old 12-15-2021, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PS90 View Post
LOL! You got me there.

But, there is not much to debate about the Afghanistan withdrawal. CNN had no choice but to distance themselves from Biden over that disaster.
I appreciate your response. Though I am sure that the more sycophantic media would simply refrain from publishing anything critical… they don’t HAVE to separate themselves.

I’m sure there were plenty of articles criticizing President Obama for the absolute disaster of the ACA rollout. And deservedly so. But would people who only read conservative media even know about it? Not possible unless you read what the ‘other side’ is writing.

I’ll put another plug in for sticking with media that doesn’t make money off of making you angry, and that posts detailed articles explaining issues, not just click bait. And for me, at least, that’s NPR. But I keep an eye on much more.

Old 12-18-2021, 08:40 PM

1,066 posts, read 892,164 times
https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle...le-with-covid/

OLYMPIA — State Sen. Doug Ericksen, a stalwart conservative voice in the Legislature, former leader of Donald Trump’s campaign in Washington and an outspoken critic of COVID-19 emergency orders, has died, his family said Saturday. He was 52.

Ericksen said last month that he had tested positive for the coronavirus while on a trip to El Salvador, although his cause of death was not immediately confirmed Saturday.

Old 12-18-2021, 09:41 PM

8,736 posts, read 8,668,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SusVelo View Post
[url]https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/politics/washington-state-sen-doug-ericksen-dies-after-battle-with-covid/[/url]

OLYMPIA — State Sen. Doug Ericksen, a stalwart conservative voice in the Legislature, former leader of Donald Trump’s campaign in Washington and an outspoken critic of COVID-19 emergency orders, has died, his family said Saturday. He was 52.

Ericksen said last month that he had tested positive for the coronavirus while on a trip to El Salvador, although his cause of death was not immediately confirmed Saturday.
I was thinking earlier this month he wouldn't make it.

I'm not making a rush to get the booster, but I'm starting a job next week working with the public. I would be considered an "essential worker" if we were to go back under a lockdown (looking at the Netherlands this is not impossible to imagine). So... I'm going to get the damn shot. I'll pass on the J&J booster. I believe one of the other two are half doses. Maybe I'll try that one.

Old 12-19-2021, 01:25 AM

8,214 posts, read 16,700,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingsaucermom View Post

I'm not making a rush to get the booster, but I'm starting a job next week working with the public. I would be considered an "essential worker" if we were to go back under a lockdown (looking at the Netherlands this is not impossible to imagine). So... I'm going to get the damn shot. I'll pass on the J&J booster. I believe one of the other two are half doses. Maybe I'll try that one.
I recent got the Moderna booster which is a half dose and it went very smoothly. Beyond feeling a bit tired the next day, I felt fine afterwards and thankful to have the extra protection given the spikes we're seeing lately.

Very sad news to hear about the senator. I feel for his family at this time. I have family and friends on both sides of this issue. Some are very passionate and outspoken who I disagree with and wish for their families' sake they would get vaccinated. But whether anti-vaxxer or not, no one wants people dying like this.

Derek

Old 12-19-2021, 02:16 AM

Quote:

Moderna is a half dose, and Pfizer is a normal dose (the boosters). But the normal Moderna dose was stronger than the Pfizer dose, so even half Moderna is still about the same amount, I think, as a normal Pfizer dose.

My wife and I got the Pfizer boosters. Some aches and tiredness for day. That’s about it.

Congrats on the new job!

Old 12-19-2021, 07:39 PM

9,182 posts, read 12,128,391 times
Quote:

10 people in hospital in the UK with Omicron and 1 death so far. Just notice how their health minister is kind of embarrassed to say the number of people with Omicron in the UK hospitals.

https://mobile.twitter.com/FatEmpero...EIkC94wqaI5V6A

Last edited by Botev1912; 12-19-2021 at 08:17 PM..

Old 12-19-2021, 09:38 PM

5,281 posts, read 3,076,286 times
Congrats on the new job FSM,
I need me one too.
I gotta find a fun one or at least one with a decent purpose .

I just don’t quite understand the talk about lockdowns and further restrictions.
The new variant is spreading but things still seem rather mild.
Are they just freaking out about unknown possibilities?
That is understandable but to the point of restricting hospital functions when there are no hospitals with an increased load from this new variant make little to no sense.
What am I not seeing?

For me I have no obligations other than getting groceries so I will wait it out in semi isolation and see how this goes before I change any of my behaviors.

Things are looking good as far as omicron fatalities.
I won’t say we are out of the woods yet though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington