Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are Fed/Potus Mandates needed for WA?
Yes, these Federal/Potus Vax Mandates are needed 55 29.57%
No, these Fed/Potus Vax Mandates are NOT needed 124 66.67%
We don't know yet 7 3.76%
Voters: 186. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2022, 04:04 AM

3,693 posts, read 2,413,270 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Botev1912 View Post
I went to Safeway and Fred Meyer and noticed they have removed their "masks required" signs. Then I even saw a few employees with no masks! I also went to Cirque du Soleil over the weekend and there were many people without any mask and were not even eating or drinking. They were just enjoying their time and nobody said a word about this. I finally see a light at the end of the tunnel for places outside of Seattle proper. People are DONE!
I think you mean: the virus is done
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2022, 06:46 PM

1,889 posts, read 2,200,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowman05 View Post
My work is recommending masking up but it won't be required next week.

It will be interesting to see who wears one next week. The fear mongering never ends.

Old 03-11-2022, 10:31 AM

654 posts, read 631,347 times
I thought the two minutes of hate was now officially supposed to be directed at Putin, not the unvaccinated or anti mask people. It's hard to keep up with the party diktats these days.

Old 03-11-2022, 09:07 PM

471 posts, read 825,874 times
https://www.world-today-news.com/cou...ccine-suicide/

Old 03-11-2022, 10:28 PM

1,066 posts, read 892,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crosstimbers Okie View Post
Looks like a phishing link for security checks at work.

Old 03-12-2022, 12:18 PM

8,736 posts, read 8,669,736 times
Found out early yesterday my employer was going to give me an ultimatum before my next shift next week. Later in the afternoon I watched my boss wait on a young woman who had no intention of wearing her mask properly and, at best, kept it above her lips, but mostly let it flop around and under her chin. Amazing how quietly blind my manager was to this...

I am convinced my work is imposing a restriction that in practice is not tenable to enforce and I don't want to deal with that. As it was customers wanted to know what we were doing and no matter the answer had an opinion they wanted to share on the subject of masking.

Man, I'm SO OVER the conversation of masking/un-masking and mandating them in others that I'm willing to give up an otherwise rather great arrangement in my life. Not that there weren't other issues, but being financially-secure the continued mandate masking in unwilling guests certainly was the deal-breaker.

Old 03-12-2022, 01:43 PM

1,369 posts, read 714,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingsaucermom View Post
Found out early yesterday my employer was going to give me an ultimatum before my next shift next week. Later in the afternoon I watched my boss wait on a young woman who had no intention of wearing her mask properly and, at best, kept it above her lips, but mostly let it flop around and under her chin. Amazing how quietly blind my manager was to this...

I am convinced my work is imposing a restriction that in practice is not tenable to enforce and I don't want to deal with that. As it was customers wanted to know what we were doing and no matter the answer had an opinion they wanted to share on the subject of masking.

Man, I'm SO OVER the conversation of masking/un-masking and mandating them in others that I'm willing to give up an otherwise rather great arrangement in my life. Not that there weren't other issues, but being financially-secure the continued mandate masking in unwilling guests certainly was the deal-breaker.
Are they requiring you to sign a statement saying that you will enforce, etc? Or could you just do what you said you were going to do and see if they noticed enough to take action? I suppose customers who prefer masking may complain? Perhaps that ship has sailed since you started a dialog so now you will both be on paper with your positions.

Alternatively, if you feel the treatment towards you is different than that of other employees, and can document it, I suppose you could open a labor dispute? I have no experience with that kind of thing. Hope things work out for you.

Old 03-12-2022, 08:23 PM

8,736 posts, read 8,669,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcos View Post
Are they requiring you to sign a statement saying that you will enforce, etc? Or could you just do what you said you were going to do and see if they noticed enough to take action? I suppose customers who prefer masking may complain? Perhaps that ship has sailed since you started a dialog so now you will both be on paper with your positions.

Alternatively, if you feel the treatment towards you is different than that of other employees, and can document it, I suppose you could open a labor dispute? I have no experience with that kind of thing. Hope things work out for you.
I decided to be proactive and didn't wait for the reprimanding/ultimatum. My boss had escalated the email to her bosses and they were the ones who were were supposedly going to come down on me.

It really isn't important. I got professionally trained to make something I love in life and that was rewarding and satisfying, but I always knew I might not ultimately fit in with a company of a very youthful and strongly liberal political vibe. Additionally, I've been struggling with the work/home balance from the beginning. My husband got involved in a side project when I got hired that has since morphed into veritable startup.

So its water under the bridge so to speak. I've felt relieved for most of the day. It was the right time to walk.

Old 03-12-2022, 08:30 PM

9,419 posts, read 11,166,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingsaucermom View Post
I decided to be proactive and didn't wait for the reprimanding/ultimatum. My boss had escalated the email to her bosses and they were the ones who were were supposedly going to come down on me.

It really isn't important. I got professionally trained to make something I love in life and that was rewarding and satisfying, but I always knew I might not ultimately fit in with a company of a very youthful and strongly liberal political vibe. Additionally, I've been struggling with the work/home balance from the beginning. My husband got involved in a side project when I got hired that has since morphed into veritable startup.

So its water under the bridge so to speak. I've felt relieved for most of the day. It was the right time to walk.
Good for you, and I'm glad you're in a position to walk. This has been an incredibly successful brainwashing campaign.

Consider yourself a member in good standing of The Great Unwashed. Welcome to the club!

Old 03-13-2022, 03:27 PM

3,661 posts, read 2,947,010 times
Was at Lander St Home Depot and Red Apple Market Beacon Hill today. I say 90 percent of people still makes up. I don't wear one. Ok looks fine to me. You have your choice I have mine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington