Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2021, 10:46 AM

6,275 posts, read 6,922,818 times

Advertisements

Most of the hospitals in Spokane are affiliated with religious organizations.

Should they limit hospital admissions to people of THEIR faith instead of by state residence??

Oregonwoodsmoke said...."When Covid first struck Seattle, Inslee shipped his Covid patients to Spokane. That's where the Covid in North Idaho came from"

I had forgotten about that!!

But I am pretty sure it was that selfish, tech employee from western Washington that started the pandemic in Idaho.

BTW...I don't remember people in Spokane complaining about western Washington residents getting treated for COVID because Spokane had state of the art hospital facilities that western Washington residents OPPOSED.

I do remember the state of Washington plan for COVID was to construct field hospitals in EASTERN WASHINGTON primarily Kittitas, Yakima, and Chelan counties to treat western Washington residents for COVID.

Didn't hear much complaint about that, except from western Washington residents that insisted that the field hospitals be in eastern Washington while they violated the essential travel orders so they could go fishing in eastern Washington!!@@!

Most humans have a child like ME FIRST attitude, but really western Washington takes it to an extreme.

Last edited by 509; 09-15-2021 at 11:25 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2021, 12:00 PM

8,061 posts, read 8,284,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana Holbrook View Post
We need to stop blaming people for this disease that has come in uninvited and changed all our lives.
I'm sick and tired of those who are normally the first to accuse others of being "irresponsible" abandoning any and all responsibility for their own conduct.

Quote:
But Washington is in better shape than Idaho, where hospitalizations as a share of the population are 45 percent higher.

“We certainly need our friends in Idaho government to do more to preserve their citizens’ health, because we know that their crisis is becoming our problem,” Washington’s Democratic governor, Jay Inslee, said last week. “I’m asking the people of Idaho to adopt some of the safety measures — like masking requirements — like we have in Washington so we can help both of our states reduce this horrible pandemic.

”In Idaho, Gov. Brad Little’s office said he was not available for an interview, but he has indicated in recent weeks that he has no plans to restore virus restrictions, even if hospitals entered dangerous territory, saying that he wanted residents “to choose to do the right thing and get vaccinated.”
https://www.idahostatesman.com/news/...253583849.html

Quote:
Despite the surge, state officials have done little to impose public health restrictions. At a press conference last week, Republican Gov. Brad Little asked more Idahoans to get vaccinated to protect the health of residents and ensure that schools can reopen safely, and stay open. But as has been his stance throughout the pandemic, the governor stopped short of issuing any sort of mask mandate or vaccine requirement.

Old 09-15-2021, 12:26 PM

1,216 posts, read 1,047,389 times
Hmmm, Boise news outlets report things a bit differently. Idaho's medical centers were accepting patients from Eastern Oregon and Washington, because Idaho had beds available when Eastern Oregon and Washington started to fill up due to the Delta variant. Now that Idaho is experiencing its own surge, and some Idaho ICU beds have Oregon and Washington patients, now some patients from Idaho are looking for beds and ventilators in Washington. It's a cycle with this virus, and each state needs to help their neighbors out.

Old 09-15-2021, 12:42 PM

14,305 posts, read 11,780,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyDonkey View Post
I'm sick and tired of those who are normally the first to accuse others of being "irresponsible" abandoning any and all responsibility for their own conduct.

Well, we're all sick and tired of something.

I'm sick and tired of those who normally preach about tolerance and compassion showing neither for anyone with an opposing view.

I'm sick and tired of those who normally preach about trusting the science instead peddling nonsense when they think it serves them.

Old 09-15-2021, 01:58 PM

2,251 posts, read 3,245,966 times
In my area, which is right on the Washington-Idaho border, I am not hearing much if any antagonism from people regarding Idaho's Covid regulations. Or any complaining about Idahoans "taking up" our hospitals.

It's funny, though, that Inslee and the NY Times, and I assume other bigwigs in Western WA, have such feigned "frustration" with Idaho.

Do you think maybe...possibly...that their issue is more political than financial?

Old 09-15-2021, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PS90 View Post
In my area, which is right on the Washington-Idaho border, I am not hearing much if any antagonism from people regarding Idaho's Covid regulations. Or any complaining about Idahoans "taking up" our hospitals.

It's funny, though, that Inslee and the NY Times, and I assume other bigwigs in Western WA, have such feigned "frustration" with Idaho.

Do you think maybe...possibly...that their issue is more political than financial?

It's probably just more drama made up to further sow division between us.

Old 09-15-2021, 03:18 PM

8,061 posts, read 8,284,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana Holbrook View Post
Well, we're all sick and tired of something.

I'm sick and tired of those who normally preach about tolerance and compassion showing neither for anyone with an opposing view.

I'm sick and tired of those who normally preach about trusting the science instead peddling nonsense when they think it serves them.
"But Washington is in better shape than Idaho, where hospitalizations as a share of the population are 45 percent higher."

Refusing to get vaccinated. Refusing to wear masks. Refusing to socially distance. Overflowing ICUs. Simple cause and effect.

Just stop it. You're either a "servitor" or you're not.

Old 09-15-2021, 03:25 PM

I have no idea what's going on in Idaho. It's not really in my wheelhouse.

I'm just shocked to see increasing posts, elsewhere in social media and here on this thread, indicating some people think it's OK to start talking about denying care to people who some think are misbehaving and deserve to be sick.

Given what leads many to emergency rooms, I don't think that's a road we should go down. Many other choices could be questioned. Is that what we want?

I should stop what? Exactly? Servitor? I don't even know what that means.

Old 09-15-2021, 03:28 PM

22 posts, read 16,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 509 View Post

...Spokane had state of the art hospital facilities that western Washington residents OPPOSED.
Wait what? Huh? I don't see anything in the news about Western WA opposing a hospital in Spokane.

Old 09-15-2021, 03:38 PM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
34,559 posts, read 57,471,708 times
Quote:
Just stop it. You're either a "servitor" or you're not.
Thx.

We know what needs to be done.
Just do it!

Or spend 10 minutes giving yourself a lesson in airborne viral spread.

Wish the schools would get off their pitty-pot and empower their students to study and propose solutions.

Delivering traditional USA education at home, is not home schooling. Our school age youth are very useful and powerful innovators, and not burdened with adult defeatest (BTDT) mindset. Set the kids free, see what they can deliver. Certainly won't be the garbage we are getting from CDC.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington