Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2021, 02:32 PM

293 posts, read 168,500 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyDonkey View Post
https://kuow.org/stories/covid-19-de...analysis-shows

People are dying from Covid-19 in Republican-dominated counties at a rate that is, not 2, 3, 4, or 5 times higher, but 6.5 times higher than in Democratic-dominated counties.

People in Cowlitz County, in which 62.57% voted for the Republican candidate for Governor, are dying from Covid-19 at a rate that is 11.2 times higher than in Democratic-dominated counties.

Statewide, the unvaccinated are dying from Covid-19 at a rate that is 3.8 times higher than the vaccinated, including those who have received only one dose. This shows that unvaccinated rates are, by themselves, not wholly responsible for the higher Covid-19 death-rates in Republican-dominated counties, but that defiance of mask and social distancing mandates, leading to increased super-spreader events, is an additional causative factor.
Anyone who follows washington media, even just reading the headlines would have already seen this type of news and rhetoric, that basically one group (half our country) is responsible for everything bad in society.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2021, 03:25 PM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,227 posts, read 80,442,347 times
You might be surprised to see how many workers in Seattle are not vaccinated and are willing to be fired rather than get the shots.

Regardless of the data by county presented, there are still blue counties and probably the bluest city that have many anti-vaxers, it's just that the per-capita is lower due to the high population.

https://crosscut.com/news/2021/08/un...accine-mandate

Old 10-01-2021, 04:19 PM

1,515 posts, read 1,507,438 times
Diana Holbrook methodological analysis is way way over your pay-grade. Of course more people die in large population groups.

Do you forget all the things Trump said about COVID ? Did you forget what he was taped saying?

People were against vaccines for Polio and Smallpox too but 300,000,000 people died from it -as many as are in our entire country. They made the same arguments.

You made a bunch of ridiculous posts -get off the City -data and google anything ranking states for COVID response. Washington had among the best ratings. You can't learn when you're always blabbing.

Old 10-01-2021, 04:42 PM

14,388 posts, read 11,884,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestGuest View Post
Diana Holbrook methodological analysis is way way over your pay-grade. Of course more people die in large population groups.
I agree, but read the headline and tell me what it says.

Quote:
Do you forget all the things Trump said about COVID ? Did you forget what he was taped saying?
Um... relevance?

Quote:
People were against vaccines for Polio and Smallpox too but 300,000,000 people died from it -as many as are in our entire country. They made the same arguments.
Interesting, but how is this relevant? BTW I haven't made ONE argument against vaccines.

Quote:
You made a bunch of ridiculous posts -get off the City -data and google anything ranking states for COVID response. Washington had among the best ratings. You can't learn when you're always blabbing.
I can tell you're trying to say something here.... What? I'll give you more time.

Everyone is so wound up to fight they come out fighting before they even know what's being said.

This is the problem.

Old 10-01-2021, 10:06 PM

8,736 posts, read 8,628,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestGuest View Post

You are certainly not going to change people's heart by being condescending and combative.

Diana is one of the most respectful and thoughtful posters in this forum.

And vaccinated.

Old 10-01-2021, 10:19 PM

Thanks fsm :-). That’s so nice!!

And yes, I am...

...vaccinated

Old 10-02-2021, 09:00 AM

859 posts, read 1,054,093 times
I don't usually bother reading such threads, but MAN, there are some crazy-left liberals on here, who are still suffering from TDS.

Old 10-02-2021, 09:31 AM

5,281 posts, read 3,021,749 times
I tend to agree with you wolfdog but I have to add that there are plenty of decent liberals out there as well.

This hate thing is so socially and mentally unhealthy.
I know crazies from both sides and I no longer associate with them because it’s a mental illness that I can’t fix.

These hate rants are dividing and destroying us and these people should seek help.

Old 10-02-2021, 11:04 AM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
34,639 posts, read 57,661,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana Holbrook View Post
Thanks fsm :-). That’s so nice!!

And yes, I am...

...vaccinated
So funny

So expected.

Same ole, same ole.

Old 10-02-2021, 11:36 AM

Good morning Stealth. I'd wonder what that means, but I haven't the time right now. It's garbage hauling day here! :-)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
View detailed profiles of: