Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-24-2021, 05:43 PM

1,369 posts, read 714,369 times

Advertisements

I think the key question is: what are the stats for omicron infection if you are unvaccinated or haven’t had Covid before. As well as the stats if you have had either before. Too soon to tell.

We’re having pork posole tonight, leg of lamb tomorrow and seafood cioppino (shrimp, cod & mussels) the next night. Not 100% who will make it here… lots of cancellations and then weather.

Old 12-24-2021, 06:02 PM

5,281 posts, read 3,076,286 times
Smoked a nice salmon yesterday and we are having lobster ravioli for supper tonight.
It’s just the 2 kids, the wife and I.
I like doing Christmas simple.

One of my kids is closing on a very nice property soon.
There is even a pretty good salmon creek on it.
We do fish for Christmas.

Old 12-24-2021, 06:54 PM

1,066 posts, read 892,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcos View Post
I think the key question is: what are the stats for omicron infection if you are unvaccinated or haven’t had Covid before. As well as the stats if you have had either before. Too soon to tell.

We’re having pork posole tonight, leg of lamb tomorrow and seafood cioppino (shrimp, cod & mussels) the next night. Not 100% who will make it here… lots of cancellations and then weather.
Exactly right, even studies in this very thread are only the start to answering questions.

Old 12-24-2021, 08:44 PM

8,736 posts, read 8,669,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MechAndy View Post
Smoked a nice salmon yesterday and we are having lobster ravioli for supper tonight.
It’s just the 2 kids, the wife and I.
I like doing Christmas simple.

One of my kids is closing on a very nice property soon.
There is even a pretty good salmon creek on it.
We do fish for Christmas.
That all sounds lovely.

In our home it was the same... us and two kids. Not good food though. I just make pasta and chicken. We did have a zoom "brindis" or a toast with husband's extended family and people zoomed in from Los Angeles, Mexico City, Acapulco and London. That was nice.

Old 12-26-2021, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingsaucermom View Post
Wow. And both considered more reputable sources than other media outlets.

My kid's friend's family have Omicron. Got a text from them late yesterday that they had sore throats and got tested yesterday (and they were both boosted last week!). Both my husband and son have had mild cold symptoms for a couple days.. not remotely powerful enough to keep them home so at his request I dropped my son off with several friends at another friend's house for a sleepover. If it were the other way around and the boys were all coming here I would shrug my shoulders but keep my distance from the pile of boys. I see no reason at all to get tested for mild cold symptoms. What is the point of knowing which virus is responsible for a mild cold?

This behavior last year would have earned me "dangerous, irresponsible worst mom of the year" and even "murderer!" a year or so ago. But seriously put this in the perspective of pre-2020 URI management. We drank fluids. We stayed home. We medicated using over the counter drugs. I'm totally in favor of respecting personal space and masks out in public, but I'm done calling this a pandemic. It's endemic. It's probably as seasonal as the flu and other cold viruses. I will treat it as such.
My husband didn't test today, but my son and I did. I'm negative and my son is positive.

When we got home my older son came downstairs and said he's sick. It's safe to assume that my husband and older son are both positive.

All vaccinated.

Old 12-26-2021, 09:38 PM

302 posts, read 177,304 times
Quote:
My husband didn't test today, but my son and I did. I'm negative and my son is positive.

When we got home my older son came downstairs and said he's sick. It's safe to assume that my husband and older son are both positive.

All vaccinated.
U guys should all get your boosters. Once you get a covid vaccine you need to keep taking them or you end up in worse shape than if you never started. You think pfizer wants to only profit off 2 shots?

I'm unvaxxed and can't relate to any of this illness I hear about. Everything seems normal except what I see in the media.

Old 12-26-2021, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowman05 View Post
U guys should all get your boosters. Once you get a covid vaccine you need to keep taking them or you end up in worse shape than if you never started. You think pfizer wants to only profit off 2 shots?

I'm unvaxxed and can't relate to any of this illness I hear about. Everything seems normal except what I see in the media.
Only 2/4 got Pfizer

But now that you mention it... I probably don't need that booster I'm signed up to get next week...

Old 12-26-2021, 09:42 PM

9,182 posts, read 12,128,391 times
Quote:

All vaccinated.
Keep in mind false negatives happen more often than false positive. It's very possible all are positive.

Old 12-26-2021, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Botev1912 View Post
Keep in mind false negatives happen more often than false positive. It's very possible all are positive.
That's good to know... and wouldn't be a surprised. I had extremely mild symptoms last week. But my anxiety was also elevated over my new job so they could just as easily be explained by that.

I went to GS Labs and they told me that if the rapid test comes back negative they don't process the PCR test. So if it is a false positive I won't know.

Old 12-26-2021, 11:21 PM

1,369 posts, read 714,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowman05 View Post

Astra Zeneca has been vaccinating all across the world, the same number of people as Pfizer. And doing it at cost. But their vaccine, while effective, is not as good as Pfizer’s, and has worse side effects, especially for certain age groups.

Still, both excellent vaccines for what they were originally intended to do, which is keep serious cases lower. Saved millions of lives across the world.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington