Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2021, 08:08 PM

9,182 posts, read 12,128,391 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingsaucermom View Post
That article says that a lockdown is needed. I guess it's still an option for some places?
I should have said it can't happen in the US. But Europeans are as pissed.

Old 11-29-2021, 09:03 PM

30,897 posts, read 36,958,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sll3454 View Post
I did not mean to say that Delta spreads mostly among vaccinated, or that it harms mostly vaccinated. Once it gets going, sure, it can get anyone.

I'd take India's DPM over ours, though. Western medicine isn't doing so well.

India, deaths/million: 335, and currently with low rate of transmission and of death
U.S., deaths/million: 2395, and not doing great
I was with you on your previous post. But this one? I'm not sure. Do the stats you cite adjust for the reality that India's cases were vastly undercounted?

Old 11-30-2021, 11:01 PM

4,483 posts, read 9,293,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rantiquity View Post
Remdesivir is almost identically to Ivermectin but cost over $3000 a dosage compared to about $10 for Ivermectin. The problem with Remdesivir is all independent trial on the drug has failed. Only Fauci own study which was stopped half way thru the trial will be approved.
https://www.thedesertreview.com/opin...43582647b.html
Fauci and the FDA/CDC threaten to have doctors who prescribed Ivermectin or hydroxychloroquine for their patients may lose their right to practice medicine. So much for the doctor/patient rights. Pharmacies also have told they would lose their license if they filled doctor's prescriptions for either drug.
Almost all study trials for Remdesivir has found it is not effective against the Covid virus. Meanwhile the results of Ivermectin to control the Covid virus has shown it to be over 90% effective. In India's New Delhi, Ivermectin reduced death by about 97% and in other parts of India at nearly 100%.
https://www.thedesertreview.com/news...2d2325a08.html
Source: Book by Robert Kennedy son of Robert Kennedy and nephew of President Kennedy, titled 'The Real Anthony Fauci"
India death rate per million over the last 7 days has been 1.93 compared to the US 11.79 per million. India population is 1.4 billion compared to the US 330 million.
https://www.statista.com/statistics/...n-inhabitants/

You said some important things, but I want to comment on the bolded part. Remdesivir and Ivermectin are very different. Remdesivir is a dangerous drug that causes great damage to the kidneys. Remdesevir is a failed drug that was repurposed as a covid treatment, though even when it was first presented for approval the only claim was that it reduced the length of hospital stay by a few days. There never even was a claim that it reduced mortality.

In contrast to that, Ivermectin has been used safely for decades. William Campbell and Satoshi Omura won a Nobel Prize (2015) for their work with ivermectin. It's on the WHO's List of Essential Medcines.

From the NIH in 2011:

"Ivermectin has continually proved to be astonishingly safe for human use. Indeed, it is such a safe drug, with minimal side effects, that it can be administered by non-medical staff and even illiterate individuals in remote rural communities, provided that they have had some very basic, appropriate training. This fact has helped contribute to the unsurpassed beneficial impact that the drug has had on human health and welfare around the globe, . . .

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3043740/

Ivermectin's antiviral properties were recognized and not in dispute - before covid came along.

Old 11-30-2021, 11:03 PM

4,483 posts, read 9,293,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticaltyger View Post
I was with you on your previous post. But this one? I'm not sure. Do the stats you cite adjust for the reality that India's cases were vastly undercounted?

And that ours are overcounted? We can only go by the data we have.

Old 11-30-2021, 11:23 PM

9,398 posts, read 8,877,334 times
It is so easy to not get covid. Just get the vax. I don’t know why this is so complicated. Again, politics have absolutely nothing to do with it. What a bunch of idiots who refuse it and continue the problem.

Old 12-01-2021, 11:10 AM

6,224 posts, read 3,408,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sll3454 View Post
You said some important things, but I want to comment on the bolded part. Remdesivir and Ivermectin are very different. Remdesivir is a dangerous drug that causes great damage to the kidneys. Remdesevir is a failed drug that was repurposed as a covid treatment, though even when it was first presented for approval the only claim was that it reduced the length of hospital stay by a few days. There never even was a claim that it reduced mortality.
Agree....Remdesivir is a drug promoted by Fauci and his co-inspirers for one purpose...profits. Fauci after claiming Remdesivir was a safe Covid drug for obvious reasons (money) told the world that Ivermectin and hydroxychloroquine was unsafe....the use of Ivermectin in India and other countries proves he was/is liar. He refused to do clinical tests on any drug that would compete with his cash cow.
Fauci was asked in a congressional hearing if he had Covid would he take Hydroxychloroquine and he said he would. But a few weeks later he said both hydroxychloroquine and Ivermectin were untested and not safe.
Quote:
In contrast to that, Ivermectin has been used safely for decades. William Campbell and Satoshi Omura won a Nobel Prize (2015) for their work with ivermectin. It's on the WHO's List of Essential Medcines.
Fact... and Hydroxychloroquine has been around for about 50 years and has been used for both Malaria and lupus. Having traveled for 25 years to some Malaria areas in the world myself and required by my company to take the drug I can verify that its was safe for myself and my co-workers.
From the NIH in 2011:

Quote:
"Ivermectin has continually proved to be astonishingly safe for human use. Indeed, it is such a safe drug, with minimal side effects, that it can be administered by non-medical staff and even illiterate individuals in remote rural communities, provided that they have had some very basic, appropriate training. This fact has helped contribute to the unsurpassed beneficial impact that the drug has had on human health and welfare around the globe, . . .
Only Fauci and the drug makers have disagreed. Why because it cut into their bottom line.

Old 12-01-2021, 11:24 AM

6,224 posts, read 3,408,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pnwguy2 View Post
It is so easy to not get covid. Just get the vax. I don’t know why this is so complicated. Again, politics have absolutely nothing to do with it. What a bunch of idiots who refuse it and continue the problem.
FYI the number of people getting fully vaccinated and getting the Covid virus has steadily increased. I got both shots last Feb/Mar and in early September was tested positive for Covid.
Don't believe every thing Fauci and the government tells you. Fauci is pushes the vaccine because its money in his and the Pharmaceutical industries pockets, totally billions of taxpayers money.
Now for your 'idiot' comment....actually its idiots who believe Fauci that this vaccine is safe without a true and real clinical trial. And the result of all this will come back to haunt the American people. Mark my words.
I hate to say 'I told you so' but.....

Old 12-01-2021, 12:39 PM

1,495 posts, read 1,672,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rantiquity View Post
Fauci was asked in a congressional hearing if he had Covid would he take Hydroxychloroquine and he said he would. But a few weeks later he said both hydroxychloroquine and Ivermectin were untested and not safe.
He didn't say that at all. He said that they were not tested for treating covid. They have been tested more recently and not found to have any effect.

Old 12-01-2021, 01:52 PM

9,182 posts, read 12,128,391 times
Quote:
This is not true. Many vaccinated people have gotten covid but who cares? Almost all survive.

Old 12-01-2021, 03:28 PM

656 posts, read 1,991,633 times
Quote:
I am the only one in my family who did not get the vax. Out of 20 of us who all live in close proximity and get together for the holidays I am THE ONLY ONE who has never tested positive for Covid. Every single one of them has tested and had Covid since they got the vax.

You can spin this however you want but getting the vax does not guarantee you do not get Covid.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington