Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-26-2022, 08:56 AM

9,182 posts, read 12,125,239 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowlanes View Post
The vaccines don't prevent Covid exposure if exposed, what they do is maximize your chances of surviving it and getting far less sick.
Seems every day there is a story in the paper of some anti-vaxxer's last words to their family as they die an agonizing death, fighting for breath, before they are put into a coma so they can be intubated, is "I should have listened and got the vaccine."
Covid is doing laps around the world, mutating as it goes, and will be with us into the forseeable future.
So reality leaves us with a simple choice. Wear masks and vaccinate, or roll the dice on getting sick and possibly dying. Doesn't take a college degree to make that decision, just common sense.
Makes no sense. If almost all people are vaccinated or have natural protection, why would everyone also have to wear a mask? It certainly should be optional especially when there are N95 masks available.

Old 01-26-2022, 09:00 AM

439 posts, read 423,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 87112 View Post
Another one on the way? Oh God, here we go again. The entire West Coast will be masked for a decade or more the way it’s going and governed.
And it's only the west coast. Everyone else is and will continue to have an enjoyable normal life. But the scared little coasters will hide in their homes and mask up times 3 and worship their TV/politician God in thanks for "saving" them.

If it weren't so sad it would be funny.

Old 01-26-2022, 09:24 AM

5,281 posts, read 3,074,759 times
It really doesn’t make sense.
I wear a mask religiously in public, always maintain social distancing and seldom socialize.
Now that I’m retired I don’t come in contact with people for the most part.
I couldn’t get a test a while ago but I think the wife and I got omicron.
I don’t think I could have done anything better/different and we still got the sniffle hit.
I’m not sold that a mask prevents omicron.
The doctor that treated my sore knee yesterday looked like he had 3 on and a face shield so that might work .

I also highly doubt that there are a bunch of people daily on deaths bed claiming they wish they took the shot reported by “newspaper” or even some sort of reporter.
This sounds like a cheesy case of emotional theater.
If not could you post some links?

There is lots of fear mongering still going on.
This is how I feel about it.
Attached Thumbnails
The Vaccine doesn't stop the spread of Covid/Delta-57985f0d-6639-42b9-844e-2ded68bfac74.jpeg  

Old 01-26-2022, 09:28 AM

1,495 posts, read 1,671,787 times
It's only been a short time that we have had good figures on how well vaccination and infection affects reinfection. Given the pretty good results and how much they cover the population here, I think it won't be long before the mask mandates are relaxed. It won't be before the hospital occupancy rate drops to a more reasonable level though, that's probably the key part.

Old 01-26-2022, 09:28 AM

187 posts, read 68,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MechAndy View Post
It really doesn’t make sense.
I wear a mask religiously in public, always maintain social distancing and seldom socialize.
Now that I’m retired I don’t come in contact with people for the most part.
I couldn’t get a test a while ago but I think the wife and I got omicron.
I don’t think I could have done anything better/different and we still got the sniffle hit.
I’m not sold that a mask prevents omicron.
The doctor that treated my sore knee yesterday looked like he had 3 on and a face shield so that might work .

I also highly doubt that there are a bunch of people daily on deaths bed claiming they wish they took the shot reported by “newspaper” or even some sort of reporter.
This sounds like a cheesy case of emotional theater.
If not could you post some links?

There is lots of fear mongering still going on.
This is how I feel about it.

Also American teens use to lie about being 18 to go to war(which we can argue if the past few wars were good or not, but that is not the point. The point is they were brave).

Now American teens protest for having to go to school while omicron is spreading.

Imagine in another few decades....

Old 01-26-2022, 09:54 AM

You can steal $3000 from a store and not be arrested but you will face a $10,000 fine or go to prison for 5 years for using a fake vaccine card. The world is so messed up.

State bill seeks to criminalize use or sale of fake COVID vaccine cards in Washington

Last edited by Botev1912; 01-26-2022 at 10:04 AM..

Old 01-26-2022, 10:00 AM

1,369 posts, read 713,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_modern_philosopher View Post
Also American teens use to lie about being 18 to go to war(which we can argue if the past few wars were good or not, but that is not the point. The point is they were brave).

Now American teens protest for having to go to school while omicron is spreading.

Imagine in another few decades....
Is this discussion really going to degenerate into a ‘in my day… and get off my lawn!’ type debate?

The US is the most war loving nation in the world. We send soldiers to fight and kill people at the drop of a hat, we attack nations on the other side of the world because they threaten our ‘interests’ and we own more guns than we know what to do with.

I’m sure that if the occasion calls for it, you will find plenty of American teens ready to join the military, travel the world, meet interesting people, and kill them. But it’s a bit off topic, wouldn’t you say?

Old 01-26-2022, 11:58 AM

5,281 posts, read 3,074,759 times
That little picture I posted has nothing to do with get off my lawn, back in my day or war.
You may be insulted by it (not my intention).
It was to show how I and some others feel about the fear brought on by the fear mongers.
This fear is real for some and you know it.

I’m all about acting responsible with my health.
I just don’t need to be told what to do or have restrictions and mandates that are somewhat unproductive.

If you think that a large gathering of people will infect you then you shouldn’t go.
Simple self responsibility does work.

Pushing your knee on the neck of my civil liberties will never be met with gratitude.
Yeah that’s just not going to work.
Has it ever?

Old 01-26-2022, 01:28 PM

1,369 posts, read 713,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MechAndy View Post
That little picture I posted has nothing to do with get off my lawn, back in my day or war.
You may be insulted by it (not my intention).
It was to show how I and some others feel about the fear brought on by the fear mongers.
This fear is real for some and you know it.

I’m all about acting responsible with my health.
I just don’t need to be told what to do or have restrictions and mandates that are somewhat unproductive.

If you think that a large gathering of people will infect you then you shouldn’t go.
Simple self responsibility does work.

Pushing your knee on the neck of my civil liberties will never be met with gratitude.
Yeah that’s just not going to work.
Has it ever?
I hadn’t looked at the photo and I don’t find it offensive. It is a way to avoid the actual decision that people are making, by mischaracterizing and generalizing the attitudes of others. I don’t avoid crowds and get my booster because I am afraid. I do it because it is the right thing to do to help the nation fight the pandemic. To help our medical community. To help those amongst us who are immune compromised and at risk. Out of respect to my elders, who suffer from this disease more.

And I don’t cower at home. I got out every day, this season I’ve been skiing twice (didn’t go into the lodge to eat), outdoor walks every weekend (every day, actually), visit my friends and my family (but not a wider group of friends, except outdoors). I’ve travelled for work, I’ve travelled for family. I get take out or eat outdoors with a heater.

I also test if and when I need to. I don’t go places if I have the sniffles. My family members and I are taking part in three Covid studies.

And I do ALL of this with a keen eye to the risks, adapting my behavior as the Covid levels change and time from my most recent vaccination. I wear a KN95 mask indoors and there are some activities I will not do until the pandemic has progressed to a different stage.

Adaptive management, not fear. I didn’t factor in WWII, but I’ll take it under advisement

Old 01-26-2022, 01:43 PM

Study from Israel on long Covid among the vaccinated.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington