Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-26-2022, 02:41 PM

2,251 posts, read 3,269,088 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowlanes View Post
The vaccines don't prevent Covid exposure if exposed, what they do is maximize your chances of surviving it and getting far less sick.
Seems every day there is a story in the paper of some anti-vaxxer's last words to their family as they die an agonizing death, fighting for breath, before they are put into a coma so they can be intubated, is "I should have listened and got the vaccine."
Covid is doing laps around the world, mutating as it goes, and will be with us into the forseeable future.
So reality leaves us with a simple choice. Wear masks and vaccinate, or roll the dice on getting sick and possibly dying. Doesn't take a college degree to make that decision, just common sense.
Seriously?

Are people really falling for these cherry-picked stories by a media with an obvious agenda?

Sure, those cases happen, and maybe those particular people did come to a revelation, but those cases were an extreme minority of the overall number of Covid cases at the beginning, and they are even MORE rare now.

For some reason, the media NEVER does a case report of an unvaccinated guy that got the sniffles and a mild fever for 2 days and then was fine. Which is what happens to MOST people who contract Covid.

Old 01-26-2022, 03:11 PM

92 posts, read 87,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PS90 View Post
Seriously?

Are people really falling for these cherry-picked stories by a media with an obvious agenda?

Sure, those cases happen, and maybe those particular people did come to a revelation, but those cases were an extreme minority of the overall number of Covid cases at the beginning, and they are even MORE rare now.

For some reason, the media NEVER does a case report of an unvaccinated guy that got the sniffles and a mild fever for 2 days and then was fine. Which is what happens to MOST people who contract Covid.
Tell that to the 870,000 fellow Americans who have died, or the tens of millions who have been hospitalized, some left with bankrupting hospital bills, even with insurance.

https://www.beckershospitalreview.co...-by-state.html

At the end of boot camp, my squad got 6 vaccines in one day to prepare us for deployment. None of us whined or protested about it, other than how crappy we all felt for two days, because we knew those vaccines were meant to protect us and our fellow soldiers. And nothing has changed.

Old 01-26-2022, 03:31 PM

1,369 posts, read 713,424 times
Quote:
Seriously?

The media has extensively covered how most people have mild reactions to original Covid, subsequent variants and continue to do so with thousands of articles.

The media is also trying to get the unvaccinated see how they are making the wrong decision based on lies and conspiracy theories. The vaccine is many, many times safer than getting Covid. Anyone who isn’t getting the vaccine except for well defined medical reasons, is simply misinformed.

Old 01-26-2022, 10:13 PM

8,736 posts, read 8,663,647 times
Pay wall, but my husband sent me this:

[url]https://www.wsj.com/articles/the-high-cost-of-disparaging-natural-immunity-to-covid-vaccine-mandates-protests-fire-rehire-employment-11643214336[/url]

Old 01-26-2022, 10:16 PM

1,066 posts, read 891,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingsaucermom View Post
Pay wall, but my husband sent me this:

https://www.wsj.com/articles/the-hig...nt-11643214336
The WSJ opinion side is much different than the reporting side, unfortunately.

Old 01-27-2022, 08:00 AM

1,494 posts, read 1,670,383 times
Quote:
You could look at the Herman Cain Award recipients, who blast it all on social media. The sequence tends to go
Man: "I'm never getting vaccinated, here's a load of memes about it"
Man: "It seems I have covid so I'll be offline for a few days while I am in the hospital"
Daughter of Man: "He passed away last night, we'll let you know when we have organized the funeral"

I couldn't even count how many of those came up in the last year. It's all rather sad.
https://www.reddit.com/r/HermanCainAward/

Old 01-27-2022, 08:58 AM

9,182 posts, read 12,120,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Transmition View Post
You could look at the Herman Cain Award recipients, who blast it all on social media. The sequence tends to go
Man: "I'm never getting vaccinated, here's a load of memes about it"
Man: "It seems I have covid so I'll be offline for a few days while I am in the hospital"
Daughter of Man: "He passed away last night, we'll let you know when we have organized the funeral"

I couldn't even count how many of those came up in the last year. It's all rather sad.
https://www.reddit.com/r/HermanCainAward/
Many (hundreds?) out of billions people in the world? Do you see how they easily can make a story of whatever they want?

Old 01-27-2022, 09:37 AM

1,494 posts, read 1,670,383 times
There's no facts being hidden, the numbers are published and only take seconds to show (which they do show), but people respond more to seeing the action of what is occurring than just looking at numbers and graphs. The news would be pretty bad to watch if they showed the millions of people who weren't in the bad accident on I-5 to balance out the handful that were.

Old 01-27-2022, 10:15 AM

5,281 posts, read 3,069,759 times
So gore and fear are good selling points?
Good to know or at least good to publicly state.

Old 01-27-2022, 10:27 AM

8,736 posts, read 8,663,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MechAndy View Post
So gore and fear are good selling points?
Good to know or at least good to publicly state.
I was just thinking before jumping over here from komo news how all of it is so negative. No good news is news. Doesn’t have to be gore but it has to at least be able to presented as something negative. But the more gore, outrage and fear, the better
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington