Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2022, 10:50 PM

861 posts, read 1,062,548 times

Advertisements

I believe a number of workers commute via ferry from Clinton. So. Whidbey is very nice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2022, 04:07 AM

102,210 posts, read 107,883,295 times
Marysville is closer to Everett than Edmonds is. And the RE there is much more affordable. You could check it out. It's more rural, but I imagine that's changing. I don't know about the schools, though.

Old 02-10-2022, 10:08 AM

9,868 posts, read 7,700,279 times
I read the description for the $550k house. Decoded, it is a fixer-upper or has some kind of problem(s). BUT the location and lot size could make it a steal for someone who’s willing to put in the work and money.

OTOH, it might’ve been another purchase made for commercial vacation rentals.

Old 02-10-2022, 10:25 AM

102,210 posts, read 107,883,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pikabike View Post
I read the description for the $550k house. Decoded, it is a fixer-upper or has some kind of problem(s). BUT the location and lot size could make it a steal for someone who’s willing to put in the work and money.

OTOH, it might’ve been another purchase made for commercial vacation rentals.
I see. I didn't look at all the photos. It looks like the "finished" basement isn't quite finished. And it looks like the garage exterior needs maintenance. Still, it's a very good deal.

Old 02-10-2022, 10:46 AM

14,483 posts, read 12,107,650 times
If there's something that looks really underpriced, there's usually a reason.
And while they still may be a good deal for someone, they often won't finance for that reason, so they can only go to cash buyers.

Old 02-10-2022, 12:17 PM

1,683 posts, read 2,707,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Movingafar View Post
Especially looking up schools it seems like they are not rated as good, or does anyone else has other experiences?
Edmonds schools are diverse. Edmonds/Lynnwood has a lot of multifamily housing and if you want a completely suburban school, you might want Lake Stevens. Edmonds is an older burb so it is more urban. They tend to pass their school levys and have an IB program at Edmonds-Woodway High.

Old 02-10-2022, 02:11 PM

2,417 posts, read 3,253,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Movingafar View Post
Hi folks !

My husband got a great job offer from a well known company in Everitt WA which we are seriously considering.
Besides being once invited to a wedding in Seattle we haven't seen a lot of Washington State

We are currently living in a suburban small town in Massachusetts with top notch schools.
You can imagine that our main "concern" starting this new adventure is schools, community, and prices for housing.

Besides that we're have not a lot of info in regards to living costs in WA (need to do plenty of research).

I wanted to hear about your experiences in the area, in the state of Washington.
Considering work is in Everitt, which town would you recommend for a family of 4 with elementary school age children? Any other info for a newcomer to WA is greatly appreciated

Thanks everyone!
I was Stationed at Everett Naval Base from 1998-2000. Came back to visit i 2017 with my Wife on Vacation.
I enjoyed my time there. Best way is to visit Edmonds/Lynnwood. Check out Mukilteo My Wife really like the area. Best of luck in your search.

Old 02-10-2022, 03:36 PM

3,405 posts, read 2,733,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana Holbrook View Post
If there's something that looks really underpriced, there's usually a reason.
And while they still may be a good deal for someone, they often won't finance for that reason, so they can only go to cash buyers.
After our record rains in November there was a lot of flooding, leaks, and mold/rot issues. Or maybe it's a former meth lab house.

Old 02-12-2022, 05:04 PM

64 posts, read 67,478 times
As someone in suburban Boston now but lived in Seattle for 8 years prior, maybe I can help. What town are you in now and what do you like most about it, and what do you most want to change?

Old 02-13-2022, 09:51 AM

8,071 posts, read 8,365,584 times
Archbishop Thomas J. Murphy High School in Everett is the top-rated private high school in Snohomish County (Niche Grade = A ):
https://www.niche.com/k12/archbishop...t-wa/rankings/

The nearest high-performing public high schools are Glacier Peak High School (GS = 9), Snohomish, WA, and Henry M. Jackson High School (GS = 8), Mill Creek, WA:

https://www.greatschools.org/washing...k-High-School/

https://www.greatschools.org/washing...n-High-School/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington