Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2022, 12:43 AM

2,360 posts, read 1,437,930 times

Advertisements

Last edited by happygrrrl; 04-10-2022 at 02:03 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2022, 10:08 AM

6,223 posts, read 3,407,239 times
Much to late to worry about now...we will see what impact it has on Sequim during the summer months.
The Jamestown tribe is having a big influence on our town by buying up many buildings and property thru out the county.
So I guess they are getting their way with local politicians approving having this methadone clinic in our town. so shut up and obey.

Old 04-10-2022, 01:18 PM

5,281 posts, read 3,073,668 times
Pure BS.
I like the way they didn’t let us have a vote on this.
This screams corruption !

Old 04-10-2022, 02:09 PM

2,360 posts, read 1,437,930 times
I don't know what happened to my original message, but I also said that the tribe was also approved for funds for a inpatient psychiatric facility to be built in the future.

Since this drug clinic, called the Jamestown Healing Clinic, is located in the middle of Sequim behind Costco, anyone new to the area probably wants to be aware of its existence.

In another state I once had a "sober living house" on a rural property behind mine. The name has a positive connotation, but it was not as it seemed.

Last edited by happygrrrl; 04-10-2022 at 02:28 PM..

Old 04-12-2022, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MechAndy View Post
Pure BS.
I like the way they didn’t let us have a vote on this.
This screams corruption !
I don't recall have a vote on any new construction...The only vote you get is on the one who approved construction in the first place. Wait those in the building permit department aren't elected.

Old 04-12-2022, 06:00 PM

5,281 posts, read 3,073,668 times
Yeah bussing drug addicts in from the surrounding areas is taking advantage of us.
Our safety just went downhill a few notches.
Are they going to pay for more Police because we will need them.
I wonder how much crime will rise?
There is a wad of broken car glass near the junky clinics in San Francisco.

The Tribe doesn’t own the newspaper do they?

Old 04-13-2022, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MechAndy View Post
Yeah bussing drug addicts in from the surrounding areas is taking advantage of us.
Our safety just went downhill a few notches.
Are they going to pay for more Police because we will need them.
I wonder how much crime will rise?
There is a wad of broken car glass near the junky clinics in San Francisco.
The Tribe doesn’t own the newspaper do they?
We will have to wait until the summer rush to see how the Jamestown clinic effects Sequim.
Actually a Canadian company owns the Peninsula newspaper.
Quote:
Sound Publications of Poulsbo, Washington, the largest publisher of community newspapers in Washington and a division of Canadian publisher Black Press, purchased the Peninsula Daily News for an undisclosed sum in November 2011. The paper's previous owner, Horvitz Newspapers of Bellevue, Washington, had held it for 17 years.

Old 04-13-2022, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rantiquity View Post
I don't recall have a vote on any new construction...The only vote you get is on the one who approved construction in the first place. Wait those in the building permit department aren't elected.
In yesterday PDN it reported that a track of 82 new homes will be built over a couple years. It was approved 6-0 by the city council.....we the citizens of Sequim didn't get to vote on this project just like we didn't get to vote on the Jamestown clinic.

See how that works????

Old 04-13-2022, 11:05 AM

8,975 posts, read 10,206,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by happygrrrl View Post
I don't know what happened to my original message, but I also said that the tribe was also approved for funds for a inpatient psychiatric facility to be built in the future.

Since this drug clinic, called the Jamestown Healing Clinic, is located in the middle of Sequim behind Costco, anyone new to the area probably wants to be aware of its existence.

In another state I once had a "sober living house" on a rural property behind mine. The name has a positive connotation, but it was not as it seemed.
Ugh, that is right in the middle of town isn’t it?

At least there’s a bit of a buffer zone between it and the downtown area. I hope the city council isn’t shooting itself in the foot here. I love downtown Sequim, it’s super cute and quaint and has to be a cash cow in the summer particularly. I can’t imagine the chamber of commerce is at all pleased about it. Hopefully any untoward activity is contained to the immediate area of the clinic if at all, and not the downtown.

Old 04-13-2022, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefox View Post
Ugh, that is right in the middle of town isn’t it?

At least there’s a bit of a buffer zone between it and the downtown area. I hope the city council isn’t shooting itself in the foot here. I love downtown Sequim, it’s super cute and quaint and has to be a cash cow in the summer particularly. I can’t imagine the chamber of commerce is at all pleased about it. Hopefully any untoward activity is contained to the immediate area of the clinic if at all, and not the downtown.
Actually the clinic is located on the very west side of downtown behind Costco so it can't be seen readily by residents or visitors. I think it can be seen from the bypass but I haven't been looking so not sure.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington