Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2022, 03:07 PM

1,369 posts, read 713,580 times

Advertisements

Here’s a nice article that covers the effect of vaccination across the world:

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/art...ives-in-1-year

I’d say saving 20 million lives is a good thing.

Caveat: this is a scientific study with lots of modeling, controls, heavy data crunching, etc. if your criteria is limited to what you read in the news, you will likely not understand, or not want to understand, these results. And if you are politically inclined, you may not accept the results at all, and dismiss them straight away, which is your way of remaining sure in your convictions.

Me, if this study claimed that there was no benefit to the vaccines, I’d be shocked and dismayed, but would accept the findings. Can’t cherry pick.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2022, 03:11 PM

https://www.webmd.com/vaccines/covid...src=rss_public

Here’s a study that is specific to the US.

“ Vaccinations Cut U.S. COVID Deaths by 58%
By Dennis Thompson
HealthDay Reporter
WEDNESDAY, July 6, 2022 (HealthDay News) -- The U.S. COVID-19 vaccination program slashed the coronavirus' expected death rate by as much as 58%, saving hundreds of thousands of lives during the first two waves of the pandemic, a new study says.

Computer models estimate that vaccines prevented 235,000 COVID deaths in the United States between December 2020 and September 2021, blunting the death toll from both the original virus and its Delta variant.

Vaccination also prevented 1.6 million hospitalizations and 27 million COVID infections, according to the data generated by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. The findings appear July 6 in JAMA Network Open”

Old 07-06-2022, 03:13 PM

Also from the article:

“ the study “does not reflect more recent updates related to COVID-19 vaccination, including the authorization of booster doses for most age groups, and the expansion of COVID-19 vaccines to children ages 6 months and older," Steele said.

"As more people continue to get vaccinated and receive boosters, additional COVID-19 hospitalizations and deaths are prevented," Steele added.

Improved COVID vaccines being developed by Pfizer and Moderna are expected to improve that protection even more, Schaffner said.

"This fall, it's anticipated that we will have to hand COVID vaccine 2.0, as I like to say," Schaffner said. “It's going to be a bivalent vaccine. It will have the antigen we use now, but will have as an addition an antigen related to Omicron and its latest variants."

Old 07-06-2022, 03:17 PM

On an irritating note, the part where you stopped reading because it became too technical or tedious for you (as it did for me) is the part where you may want to humbly conclude that an epidemiologist knows more about this stuff than you, and perhaps you should stop trying to figure things out based on biased news reports, and just talk to… I don’t know, a doctor?

My position, from years of reading up is that we don’t need vaccine mandates any longer, but that they were essential before, are helpful on the margins. Same with the vaccines, since there’s at least some weak natural immunity as well, and almost no one is unvaccinated AND remains uninflected.

But that still means that those pols who mandated the vaccine did the right thing at the time, saved millions and we continue to reap the benefits.

Old 08-21-2022, 10:16 AM

1,875 posts, read 1,325,951 times
this is fine.... normal... nothing to see here:

https://markcrispinmiller.substack.c...d-suddenly-a24

Old 08-21-2022, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eqttrdr View Post
this is fine.... normal... nothing to see here:

https://markcrispinmiller.substack.c...d-suddenly-a24

No wonder you didn’t paste in any part of your post. Adds nothing to the conversation, blatant fear mongering but without even a shred of narrative.

Old 08-27-2022, 01:22 PM

3,405 posts, read 2,730,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcos View Post
Thankful for our amazing Governor, and his willingness to do the right thing by the people of Washington.
And thanks to our strength, we carried the eastern part of the state as well as Idaho, when their poor Covid vaccination practices overwhelmed their hospitals.

Get vaccinated and boosted. It’s the smart thing to do.
Not for everyone. I figure its time to share my story. I had a surgery/procedure performed and then was forced to take the jab to be allowed to discharge to physical rehab. I argued that I'd had Covid recently and already had the best antibodies in me. Nope, therapy's insurance mandates I have to have the jab because of Inslee's order. Ugh ok, the rest of my older family members had them and were ok hopefully I will be too. Just after lunch I was given the shot in the right shoulder. By dinner time my whole upper right quadrant was in pain and felt like it was on fire. By 10pm that night I was throwing up blood and coughing up blood from my lungs and my low back was in horrible pain. By midnight my lab tests confirmed my kidneys were failing. X-rays came back showing pneumonia because I had so much blood in my lungs. I was put on a max dose of dilaudid and several other medications, I had SIX bags of various stuff being IV'd into my arm. The night went on in waves of pain, coughing and throwing up, gasping for breath, and passing out as the doses of dilaudid were given and then wore off. The next morning I was still alive remarkedly, and was visited by a doctor who told me I had a "severe hemmoragic response" to the vaccine. It had basically made my innards bleed profusely, even my esophagus was scarred and still bleeding when I was scoped later that day.
I was in the hospital for another week and a half, on oxygen, with my own suction tube to catch all the blood I was coughing up. I was finally stabilized and breathing on my own, and was discharged to therapy....
But like a bad late night infomercial "but wait there's more!"
A week into therapy I started getting short on breath during the night and was having terrible chest pain on both sides, my O2 was only 88 and dropping, resulting in an ambulance ride back to the hospital. It was found that I had a bi-lateral pulmonary embolism(large blood clots in both lungs). Whenever I tried to take a deep breath it felt like I was stabbed in the chest and ran over by a truck at the same time. More pain medication and oxygen for another night of gasping for air. My family was notified that I had a 1 in 5 chance of surviving this because the clots were both quite large. Worse yet, I tested positive for Covid anyway (no symptoms like the first time though) and had to go into a quarantine room. Thankfully whatever I was given for the clots worked and started dissolving them, and over the next couple days it got easier and easier to breathe and then the clots were gone. Overall, 5 weeks in the hospital, almost died twice, and $228,000 in medical bills and still counting(I'm insured), and all my sick days and vacation days are gone. I still keep getting these text notifications from the state telling me its time for my next dose!

Old 08-27-2022, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkcarguy View Post
Not for everyone. I figure its time to share my story. I had a surgery/procedure performed and then was forced to take the jab to be allowed to discharge to physical rehab. I argued that I'd had Covid recently and already had the best antibodies in me. Nope, therapy's insurance mandates I have to have the jab because of Inslee's order. Ugh ok, the rest of my older family members had them and were ok hopefully I will be too. Just after lunch I was given the shot in the right shoulder. By dinner time my whole upper right quadrant was in pain and felt like it was on fire. By 10pm that night I was throwing up blood and coughing up blood from my lungs and my low back was in horrible pain. By midnight my lab tests confirmed my kidneys were failing. X-rays came back showing pneumonia because I had so much blood in my lungs. I was put on a max dose of dilaudid and several other medications, I had SIX bags of various stuff being IV'd into my arm. The night went on in waves of pain, coughing and throwing up, gasping for breath, and passing out as the doses of dilaudid were given and then wore off. The next morning I was still alive remarkedly, and was visited by a doctor who told me I had a "severe hemmoragic response" to the vaccine. It had basically made my innards bleed profusely, even my esophagus was scarred and still bleeding when I was scoped later that day.
I was in the hospital for another week and a half, on oxygen, with my own suction tube to catch all the blood I was coughing up. I was finally stabilized and breathing on my own, and was discharged to therapy....
A week into therapy I started getting short on breath during the night and was having terrible chest pain on both sides, my O2 was only 88 and dropping, resulting in an ambulance ride back to the hospital. It was found that I had a bi-lateral pulmonary embolism(large blood clots in both lungs). Whenever I tried to take a deep breath it felt like I was stabbed in the chest and ran over by a truck at the same time. More pain medication and oxygen for another night of gasping for air. My family was notified that I had a 1 in 5 chance of surviving this because the clots were both quite large. Worse yet, I tested positive for Covid anyway (no symptoms like the first time though) and had to go into a quarantine room. Thankfully whatever I was given for the clots worked and started dissolving them, and over the next couple days it got easier and easier to breathe and then the clots were gone. Overall, 5 weeks in the hospital, almost died twice, and $228,000 in medical bills and still counting(I'm insured), and all my sick days and vacation days are gone. I still keep getting these text notifications from the state telling me its time for my next dose!
Sounds worse than brutal. I hope you signed up for that vaccine injury compensation program?

https://www.hrsa.gov/vaccine-compensation

Not that it makes your suffering any better. But it should help with the costs!

Old 08-29-2022, 02:41 PM

3,405 posts, read 2,730,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcos View Post
Sounds worse than brutal. I hope you signed up for that vaccine injury compensation program?

https://www.hrsa.gov/vaccine-compensation

Not that it makes your suffering any better. But it should help with the costs!
The VICP program does not cover the Covid vaccines. Too bad because VICP covers lawyers fee's as well and it has a much better history of making payouts. I'm referred to the CICP, which has only paid a handful of claims since 2010 and has rejected all Covid vaccine claims as of 2021. Furthermore it does not cover lawyers fee's nor pain and suffering, only un-insured medical expenses and lost wages. Seems that a petition came forth to add it to the list of VICP covered vaccines but Biden and the NHS czar nixed that.

"And sure enough, the CICP fund hasn’t paid out a dime in Covid-vaccine claims. HHS bluntly states online, “As of October 1, 2021, the CICP has not compensated any Covid-19 countermeasures claims.”

I'll certainly be persuing some compensation but I'm not going to be holding my breath.

https://www.reuters.com/legal/govern...ms-2021-06-29/

Last edited by rkcarguy; 08-29-2022 at 02:50 PM..

Old 08-29-2022, 03:05 PM

3,661 posts, read 2,938,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkcarguy View Post
That would make those without insurance bankrupt. Who has 228k sitting in a rainy day fund?

In my case I would be out 6k as that is my max out of pocket from my job's insurance.

Good luck fighting with the hospital. They are ruthless. The only time I got into it with a hospital was up in Canada. They will throw you thru test in the thousands without telling you how much the costs is even with you telling them insurance will not cover you for it because of the deduct. Most don't give a care. Its monopoly money to them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington