Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2022, 03:50 PM

3,405 posts, read 2,729,940 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 87112 View Post
That would make those without insurance bankrupt. Who has 228k sitting in a rainy day fund?

In my case I would be out 6k as that is my max out of pocket from my job's insurance.

Good luck fighting with the hospital. They are ruthless. The only time I got into it with a hospital was up in Canada. They will throw you thru test in the thousands without telling you how much the costs is even with you telling them insurance will not cover you for it because of the deduct. Most don't give a care. Its monopoly money to them.
My plan is similar, $6k out of pocket max. It hit its max several months ago and all the bills that have been showing up are now coming through with $0 on them for patient resp. But the loss of all of my vacation/holiday, and sick days for what was supposed to be a couple weeks off and then work from home, was a huge loss. We've been unable to replace much of the staff that have moved out of the state, so I work hard and haven't had much time off for any vacation since 2016. It's been nice to have taken X-mas thru new years off for the last few years, but I doubt I'll be able to accrue enough to do even that this year.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2022, 05:51 AM

362 posts, read 589,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oregonwoodsmoke View Post
I know that The Bureau of Truth has told you that Idahoans were dying in droves because they wouldn't vaccinate, but the real truth is that Idaho didn't have any more covid cases than anyone else did and North Idaho had fewer covid cases than Spokane on a per capita basis. The only thing that
"overwhelmed" the hospitals was the huge increase in population that the size of the hospitals didn't keep up with. And incidentally, the hospitals managed to handle their covid cases just as well as any other state handled theirs. There was no "overwhelming". Cases got handled.

It looks like Washington is going to have some more lay-offs in their already understaffed services. But it is your state and what you all voted for, so it is obviously what you want, so just get on with it.
https://www.verywellhealth.com/covid...umbers-5083007

where are the covid rates especially by all USA counties?

gov pillslee closed down stuff in counties with few people and are not in close quarters

Old 09-02-2022, 05:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkcarguy View Post
My plan is similar, $6k out of pocket max. It hit its max several months ago and all the bills that have been showing up are now coming through with $0 on them for patient resp. But the loss of all of my vacation/holiday, and sick days for what was supposed to be a couple weeks off and then work from home, was a huge loss. We've been unable to replace much of the staff that have moved out of the state, so I work hard and haven't had much time off for any vacation since 2016. It's been nice to have taken X-mas thru new years off for the last few years, but I doubt I'll be able to accrue enough to do even that this year.
people died of the flu by the thousands for decades ,maybe centuries...Indians made to walk in winter or fall ,by president Jackson died by the hundreds of pneumonia from conditions outside etc

how does gov pillslee think making people poorer and homeless makes them"healthier"?

i didnt vote for him

Old 09-02-2022, 06:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcos View Post
Here’s a nice article that covers the effect of vaccination across the world:

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/art...ives-in-1-year

I’d say saving 20 million lives is a good thing.

Caveat: this is a scientific study with lots of modeling, controls, heavy data crunching, etc. if your criteria is limited to what you read in the news, you will likely not understand, or not want to understand, these results. And if you are politically inclined, you may not accept the results at all, and dismiss them straight away, which is your way of remaining sure in your convictions.

Me, if this study claimed that there was no benefit to the vaccines, I’d be shocked and dismayed, but would accept the findings. Can’t cherry pick.
anyone with any brains doesnt believe the stats of the world health org ,the usa CDC or the world economic forum

Old 09-02-2022, 10:18 AM

1,369 posts, read 713,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by E Roy Slade View Post
anyone with any brains doesnt believe the stats of the world health org ,the usa CDC or the world economic forum
You may continue to live in a world where you reject any information that you disagree with as ‘untrue’ as well as maintain an attitude where you do not actually engage with detailed studies or facts, and thus continue to act in the manner you have already decided to act.

People like me will carefully consider the facts, understand the studies, talk to the experts and make decisions based on the principles of rational thought.

I’m looking forward to the next booster which will be available this fall, and the continued benefit of vaccination. I’m also going to get my flu shot as well.

And when I travel internationally, I will wear my mask for the entire 30 hours, barring meal time.

I will take these actions based on the research that has proven that vaccination and masking reduce your chances of getting and spreading COVID to some extent, and significantly reduce your chances of getting severe or long COVID. That, along with natural immunity (gained at a high cost in lives lost, mostly among the unvaxxed and in trump country) means that COVID is no longer the threat it once was.

I will also always be truthful… if vaccination and masking (or natural immunity) was no longer beneficial, I’d say so. I’m not wedded to any ideology except the truth.

Governor Inslee has done a great job in fighting this disease. The numbers prove it. Please feel free to move to a neighboring state where the deaths per 100,000 are higher if that’s your wish.

Have a great day
Attached Thumbnails
Our dear leader is at it again-107b2008-c585-4dd8-99b9-564ca94f5229.jpeg  

Old 09-02-2022, 10:20 AM

5,281 posts, read 3,069,759 times
But but but,
Aren’t you thankful that we have an amazing Governor ?
LMAO .

Old 09-02-2022, 11:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcos View Post
You may continue to live in a world where you reject any information that you disagree with as ‘untrue’ as well as maintain an attitude where you do not actually engage with detailed studies or facts, and thus continue to act in the manner you have already decided to act.

People like me will carefully consider the facts, understand the studies, talk to the experts and make decisions based on the principles of rational thought.

I’m looking forward to the next booster which will be available this fall, and the continued benefit of vaccination. I’m also going to get my flu shot as well.

And when I travel internationally, I will wear my mask for the entire 30 hours, barring meal time.

I will take these actions based on the research that has proven that vaccination and masking reduce your chances of getting and spreading COVID to some extent, and significantly reduce your chances of getting severe or long COVID. That, along with natural immunity (gained at a high cost in lives lost, mostly among the unvaxxed and in trump country) means that COVID is no longer the threat it once was.

I will also always be truthful… if vaccination and masking (or natural immunity) was no longer beneficial, I’d say so. I’m not wedded to any ideology except the truth.

Governor Inslee has done a great job in fighting this disease. The numbers prove it. Please feel free to move to a neighboring state where the deaths per 100,000 are higher if that’s your wish.

Have a great day
johns hopkins are about the chief lying scum

"trump country"whats that mean ?hes for vaccines yet not to be forced

masks?yes ok at times

Old 09-02-2022, 11:08 PM

people for vaccines always ignore the side affects....WHY?

i know of people who needed heart operations-in my opinion due to vaccines

but who knows-some doctors agree with me i think

Old 09-02-2022, 11:23 PM

37,104 posts, read 41,226,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkcarguy View Post
Not for everyone. I figure its time to share my story. I had a surgery/procedure performed and then was forced to take the jab to be allowed to discharge to physical rehab. I argued that I'd had Covid recently and already had the best antibodies in me. Nope, therapy's insurance mandates I have to have the jab because of Inslee's order. Ugh ok, the rest of my older family members had them and were ok hopefully I will be too. Just after lunch I was given the shot in the right shoulder. By dinner time my whole upper right quadrant was in pain and felt like it was on fire. By 10pm that night I was throwing up blood and coughing up blood from my lungs and my low back was in horrible pain. By midnight my lab tests confirmed my kidneys were failing. X-rays came back showing pneumonia because I had so much blood in my lungs. I was put on a max dose of dilaudid and several other medications, I had SIX bags of various stuff being IV'd into my arm. The night went on in waves of pain, coughing and throwing up, gasping for breath, and passing out as the doses of dilaudid were given and then wore off. The next morning I was still alive remarkedly, and was visited by a doctor who told me I had a "severe hemmoragic response" to the vaccine. It had basically made my innards bleed profusely, even my esophagus was scarred and still bleeding when I was scoped later that day.
I was in the hospital for another week and a half, on oxygen, with my own suction tube to catch all the blood I was coughing up. I was finally stabilized and breathing on my own, and was discharged to therapy....
But like a bad late night infomercial "but wait there's more!"
A week into therapy I started getting short on breath during the night and was having terrible chest pain on both sides, my O2 was only 88 and dropping, resulting in an ambulance ride back to the hospital. It was found that I had a bi-lateral pulmonary embolism(large blood clots in both lungs). Whenever I tried to take a deep breath it felt like I was stabbed in the chest and ran over by a truck at the same time. More pain medication and oxygen for another night of gasping for air. My family was notified that I had a 1 in 5 chance of surviving this because the clots were both quite large. Worse yet, I tested positive for Covid anyway (no symptoms like the first time though) and had to go into a quarantine room. Thankfully whatever I was given for the clots worked and started dissolving them, and over the next couple days it got easier and easier to breathe and then the clots were gone. Overall, 5 weeks in the hospital, almost died twice, and $228,000 in medical bills and still counting(I'm insured), and all my sick days and vacation days are gone. I still keep getting these text notifications from the state telling me its time for my next dose!
Sorry you had such a horrible experience.

The symptoms you had, including the embolisms, are symptoms of covid.

Old 09-02-2022, 11:30 PM

1,369 posts, read 713,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by E Roy Slade View Post
people for vaccines always ignore the side affects....WHY?

i know of people who needed heart operations-in my opinion due to vaccines

but who knows-some doctors agree with me i think
I’m for vaccines. I don’t ignore the side effects. But I continue to follow the data, not the ‘hey, that guy died, must have been the vaccine!’ crowd.

The risk of the vaccine is lower than the risk of the virus. Many, MANY more people with heart damage due to COVID. The population’s life expectancy is dropping and will keep dropping because of COVID. Which makes sense since it hits older people the hardest.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington