Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-07-2010, 08:33 AM

40 posts, read 111,832 times

Advertisements

i dont have the time to read every page of this (though i wish i did) and even though the first post is very old, id like to comment about the "crime" in bham... ive lived there all my life on and off, and id like to say that the crime in bham is not as ridiculous as they make it seem. most of the "crime" is not usually murder or stabbings or etc, yes they have some jerkoffs who will do hit and runs, and your car might get broken into if you leave your doors unlocked,(why would you?) most of the time it happens to people that know the guy and got into an argument with the retard. the people there are gangster wannabes at best. most of the crime around bham is mailbox smashing and lawn ruining from the local hick wannabes. sure its annoying but id take that over being stabbed or shot.

Paradise however, is crime filled, lots and lots of drugs. mostly though because of gangster wannabes. the trailor park out there they deemed the drug spot, so all the cool kids want to go there and mess people up.

all in all, im not saying there isnt crime, but its not something huge.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2010, 07:36 PM

5 posts, read 26,475 times
Default wannabe gangsters...

Quote:
Originally Posted by brindlexpitt View Post
most of the time it happens to people that know the guy and got into an argument with the retard. the people there are gangster wannabes at best. most of the crime around bham is mailbox smashing and lawn ruining from the local hick wannabes. sure its annoying but id take that over being stabbed or shot.

Paradise however, is crime filled, lots and lots of drugs..

Regarding this post, the author may be uninformed. There are (using public records over YEARS) areas of Bellingham that are, and likely always will be, "ground zero" for crime.
This is true too of Paradise, in Maple Falls. Geographically Maple Falls is nearly as big as Bellingham.
Peaceful Valley is not Paradise though Paradise is next door.
Crime out here is MUCH less prevalent than it was even 3 years ago. There is little in the way of a transient population.

Crime exists, and it exists ALWAYS near the borders of different lands.
Despite what many may want to think (the facts bear this out) Bellingham, Ferndale, Custer, Blaine, Birch Bay, Sumas... Maple Falls, ALL are Border Towns. Canada is a different Country from the United States. Folks that live here tend to forget that. Crime is nearly ALWAYS present in towns on the Borders of different Countries.
I can go to the Bellingham Police Department, the Whatcom County Sheriff's office, the Border Patrol and pull up crime statistics that show with some scary clarity that we all (who live in this part of the country) are surrounded by crime.
The Maple Falls/Kendall area of Washington State have (admittedly) more than it's share of drug selling, drug houses and drug related crime.
But Bellingham is no different, not really.

I could go on but the point(s) that I want to make is that, crime exists here, in Maple Falls. It also exists in Bellingham where there is a transient population that is far larger than the residents would like to believe.
This is merely fact and can be proven. What a person needs to do if they are really concerned about this is to go to the people who compile the statistics of crime because they are directly involved in hoping to prevent it - the Law Enforcement Bodies mentioned above - and get real numbers. Then you need to collect the kind of anecdotal information that this website and others like it provide.
I want to mention too that if you think like "brindlexpitt" and put the word "wannabe" in front of the word Gangster, you need to reevaluate that connection.
If there are people that are acting like "Gangsters", they, "ARE", gangsters. The difference is only a trigger-pull away. Do NOT play games with this, it is NOT an intellectual argument.
You see someone acting like a "Gangsta", treat them like one - PERIOD. Just ask the nearest Cop.

When the sun comes out I remember why I choose to live here!

Old 01-08-2010, 08:41 PM

5 posts, read 26,475 times
Default Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by stingray427 View Post
In this neighborhood what is the primary source of energy for these homes? Gas or electric?

Electricity is Hydro-powered out here and there is no "gas". Some folks use Propane but Maple Falls is technically and practically "very rural". No gas pipelines.

Old 01-13-2010, 01:16 PM

473 posts, read 1,702,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archemedes View Post
Electricity is Hydro-powered out here and there is no "gas". Some folks use Propane but Maple Falls is technically and practically "very rural". No gas pipelines.

That can be very costly

Old 01-16-2010, 06:31 PM

67 posts, read 208,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brindlexpitt View Post
i dont have the time to read every page of this (though i wish i did) and even though the first post is very old, id like to comment about the "crime" in bham... ive lived there all my life on and off, and id like to say that the crime in bham is not as ridiculous as they make it seem. most of the "crime" is not usually murder or stabbings or etc, yes they have some jerkoffs who will do hit and runs, and your car might get broken into if you leave your doors unlocked,(why would you?) most of the time it happens to people that know the guy and got into an argument with the retard. the people there are gangster wannabes at best. most of the crime around bham is mailbox smashing and lawn ruining from the local hick wannabes. sure its annoying but id take that over being stabbed or shot.

Paradise however, is crime filled, lots and lots of drugs. mostly though because of gangster wannabes. the trailor park out there they deemed the drug spot, so all the cool kids want to go there and mess people up.

all in all, im not saying there isnt crime, but its not something huge.

Eweww Paradise, I hate to hear that. After looking all around the beautiful state of Washington, it seems the peaceful valley/paradise area is the most affordable and frankly, I think it is very pretty, very country like setting. It is this reason that I think I will buy a home up that way. Like I have said, if any of you know of an area that is pretty and country like this area and is as cheap let me know! You guys just dont know how expensive all of Washington is compared to Texas and it is this reason that I have no choice but the Maple falls/PV area.

Old 01-16-2010, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Regarding this post, the author may be uninformed. There are (using public records over YEARS) areas of Bellingham that are, and likely always will be, "ground zero" for crime.
This is true too of Paradise, in Maple Falls. Geographically Maple Falls is nearly as big as Bellingham.
Crime out here is MUCH less prevalent than it was even 3 years ago. There is little in the way of a transient population.

Despite what many may want to think (the facts bear this out) Bellingham, Ferndale, Custer, Blaine, Birch Bay, Sumas... Maple Falls, ALL are Border Towns. Canada is a different Country from the United States. Folks that live here tend to forget that. Crime is nearly ALWAYS present in towns on the Borders of different Countries.
I can go to the Bellingham Police Department, the Whatcom County Sheriff's office, the Border Patrol and pull up crime statistics that show with some scary clarity that we all (who live in this part of the country) are surrounded by crime.
The Maple Falls/Kendall area of Washington State have (admittedly) more than it's share of drug selling, drug houses and drug related crime.

I could go on but the point(s) that I want to make is that, crime exists here, in Maple Falls. It also exists in Bellingham where there is a transient population that is far larger than the residents would like to believe.
This is merely fact and can be proven. What a person needs to do if they are really concerned about this is to go to the people who compile the statistics of crime because they are directly involved in hoping to prevent it - the Law Enforcement Bodies mentioned above - and get real numbers. Then you need to collect the kind of anecdotal information that this website and others like it provide.
I want to mention too that if you think like "brindlexpitt" and put the word "wannabe" in front of the word Gangster, you need to reevaluate that connection.
If there are people that are acting like "Gangsters", they, "ARE", gangsters. The difference is only a trigger-pull away. Do NOT play games with this, it is NOT an intellectual argument.
You see someone acting like a "Gangsta", treat them like one - PERIOD. Just ask the nearest Cop.

Why are border towns full of crime?

Old 01-16-2010, 08:39 PM

Quote:

Is Maple Falls near Custer?

Old 01-16-2010, 08:42 PM

Custer is a little north and west of Maple Falls. Its real close to the ocean above Bellingham

Old 01-16-2010, 08:55 PM

2,352 posts, read 2,277,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charleecrat View Post
Custer is a little north and west of Maple Falls. Its real close to the ocean above Bellingham
Umm, Custer is 30 miles due west as the crow flies and close to 40 driving from Maple Falls. And Bellingham is on The Puget Sound, not the Ocean per se.

Old 01-16-2010, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by charleecrat View Post
Is the crime rate worse in Custer or Maple Falls?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington