Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2014, 02:23 PM

2,251 posts, read 3,270,871 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by missc123 View Post
Well the non smokers are worried about apartment living.wouldn't marijuana go into your apt?
I'm not sure you can throw 80%+ of our state's population into a little group of people who are "worried about apartment living".

For example, I'm a Washingtonian, a non-smoker, and don't care about marijuana smoke in apartments.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2015, 07:19 PM

20 posts, read 27,975 times
[quote=azoria;4073404]Yeah....I know.

If you look around, some places have an unofficial smoking area. A few places bars/taverns have patios without servers and you can smoke there because technically nobody works there. The 25 foot thing is only enforced in downtown Seattle as far as I can tell.

I am from Oregon, lived in CA, Boston, NYC. I ended up after earning several degrees or a point away from and MA NYU almost dead from second hand smoke. Older so not banned and banning in 1/2 of work space, well smoke travels and fills the entire space.

Biochemistry, chemistry of arts, health fields, city government.

More non smokers die of side stream tobacco smoke then smokers (7k chemicals go deeper into lungs, heart, blood stream ALL cells and tissues.

After 8 months got the City NYC to investigate illegal smoking at major bank (back office).

2k cigarettes in a 20 minute period - the air was purple. People passing out (hydrogen cyanide, Co2 so on).

My health declined until I collasped. Lost my MA and the income stream. Indigent now.

Smokers - if you want to kill yourself, (in psychology, one of my degrees) it's called "slow suicide". Get it over with, jump in front of a Mac.

Don't kill others.

My mother an RN and more who worked in private practice with four neurosurgeons dies from lung cancer (there are test that show why and how). She did not smoke her Md's did.

Old 11-06-2015, 07:35 PM

3,032 posts, read 5,264,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spewed View Post
Pretty pathetic and petty, if you ask me.
I did not ask you.

Old 11-08-2015, 11:20 AM

4,696 posts, read 5,822,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PS90 View Post
Smoking Rates Remain Highest in Kentucky, Lowest in Utah

According to this Gallup poll (which is certainly NOT scientific, but it's the best I could find) Washington has one of the lower rates of smoking.
The CDCs Behavioral Risk Factor Surveillance also consistently finds Washington in the lowest 10 states for smoking rates.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington