Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-16-2008, 10:16 AM

689 posts, read 2,057,985 times

Advertisements

A friend is traveling with two other ladies, then she's going to spend a few days with us near Port Ludlow. On Sunday, June 22, they'll be driving down from Whistler and plan to drop our friend at the Edmonds ferry terminal, at 2 PM. We've ridden that ferry a couple of times but never on a summer weekend. I've read about the wait times on the Kingston side on Sunday afternoon.

Our friend will have luggage and can't handle it by herself, so having her ride the ferry as a passenger to Kingston isn't an option. I'm looking for some experienced folks to tell me what would be the best way to do this.

We could leave Sunday morning, drive over and kill time, have lunch, etc, until she gets there. I guess we'd have to wait until we know she's there before we put the car in line for the return trip.

We could park at Kingston, go over as passengers, then meet her and ride back as passengers. My husband could carry her luggage. This would save us about $20.

My husband's pretty sturdy but my friend and I can't walk great distances. I can haul the ole bod up and down stairs as long as there's a good hand rail.

I'll appreciate any advice you can give us. Thanks!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2008, 07:10 AM

260 posts, read 926,018 times
I live in Sequim and right the Edmonds to Kingston route quite often. I also have trouble walking.

I've had friends do the walk on from Edmonds to Kingston and I've meet them and the walk from the ferry itself to the parking lot is quite a hike for those of us who can't walk very far. Carrying luggage too, unless she has carts and/or it's on wheels, it might be kind of a struggle.

What I would do is drive over there, and spend some time in Edmonds, checking out the shops, and have lunch or dinner... Cafe de Paris is really good. And then take a later ferry back across. That should help the ferry lines go to down a bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cindycat View Post
A friend is traveling with two other ladies, then she's going to spend a few days with us near Port Ludlow. On Sunday, June 22, they'll be driving down from Whistler and plan to drop our friend at the Edmonds ferry terminal, at 2 PM. We've ridden that ferry a couple of times but never on a summer weekend. I've read about the wait times on the Kingston side on Sunday afternoon.

Our friend will have luggage and can't handle it by herself, so having her ride the ferry as a passenger to Kingston isn't an option. I'm looking for some experienced folks to tell me what would be the best way to do this.

We could leave Sunday morning, drive over and kill time, have lunch, etc, until she gets there. I guess we'd have to wait until we know she's there before we put the car in line for the return trip.

We could park at Kingston, go over as passengers, then meet her and ride back as passengers. My husband could carry her luggage. This would save us about $20.

My husband's pretty sturdy but my friend and I can't walk great distances. I can haul the ole bod up and down stairs as long as there's a good hand rail.

I'll appreciate any advice you can give us. Thanks!!

Old 09-13-2008, 03:59 AM

41 posts, read 196,727 times
How much does the walk-on cost from Kingston to Edmonds and then back again?

Old 09-16-2008, 09:21 AM

16 posts, read 101,413 times
Walk on fares for Kingston, Bainbridge and Bremerton are $6.70 round trip. But they only collect on the Seattle side of the water.

Old 09-18-2008, 09:13 PM

98 posts, read 442,960 times
Default Ferry Ride

If you have issues walking with luggage both sides have pretty long walkways from where your friend could get dropped off. Sunday morning anytime is no issue to take a car from Kingston to Edmonds and generally Edmonds to Kingston in the afternoon on a Sunday is opposite of the car rush as most weekenders are coming back to Edmonds from the peninsula on Sunday afternoon. I think you will be fine taking the car over and back since you are off peak loads each way. Good luck.

Old 05-04-2009, 01:51 PM

1 posts, read 16,626 times
How long does the ferry ride take average at 6-7am

Old 05-04-2009, 03:23 PM

576 posts, read 2,260,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Syork View Post
How long does the ferry ride take average at 6-7am
The crossing time is roughly the same regardless of the time of day. It will vary somewhat with inclement weather but on average it's about 1/2 hour (~ 30 minutes).

What varies greatly depending on time of day however are the wait times, e.g. time spent parked in line while traffic is backed up waiting to get on the ferry in the first place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington