Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2009, 02:22 PM

3 posts, read 10,822 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CityGirl72 View Post
California
california has alot of earthshakes
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2009, 05:34 PM

221 posts, read 1,195,322 times
I know you were asking specifically about WA, but maybe the Boise, Idaho area is what you'd be looking for. Not much snow at all. It sure does get windy here, though. We actually don't care for it here, and we're hoping to move back up to Spokane area because we love the four seasons (but they're more mild than Wisconsin where I'm originally from, so we can handle the winters in Eastern Washington), and there is so much to do. Plus it's a beautiful city filled with wonderful people.

Old 04-26-2009, 07:07 PM

6,560 posts, read 14,458,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs.Lopez View Post
i live in phoenix arizona. i want to know where i should move. i hate that it is so hot here. i thought about moving to washington but i need to know what part of washington doesnt get too much rain or snow. help me out someone
There is no part of Washington that does not get significant rain or snow, or at least serious cold. The Palouse region gets little precipitation in some parts, but it gets a lot of icy wind. I don't think you'd like it here.

Old 05-25-2009, 08:42 PM

3 posts, read 10,822 times
thanks jessysunshine we love the house but don't know. If we will bye it yet I live in Pittsburgh pennsylvania so it usaully is cold but I hope it's warm there

Old 05-26-2009, 12:25 AM

3,032 posts, read 5,264,216 times
when I was in the Navy, I lived in Oak Harbor, on Whidbey Island, I don't remember it snowing the entire 4 years I was there. Maybe its supposed to, but it never did between Feb 1987, and Feb 1991. Maybe something to do with its location in the sound. Rain though, was something I remembered, as I had much of it as I walked around on watch. I loved it though, so refreshing.

Old 05-26-2009, 09:52 AM

4,923 posts, read 11,188,781 times
If little rain or snow is your only criteria, than south-central or southeast Washington would fit. Some areas only get around 8-9 inches of precipitation a year with a lot of sun.
Hot and cold is relative. Someone said there's no where in Washington that doesn't get seriously cold. I guess it's true that there's no where in Washington that isn't CAPABLE of getting seriously cold, but there are places that generally don't. Clarkston/Asotin come to mind.

As far as Spokane not getting much rain or snow as someone said--don't forget, it got in the neighborhood of 6 feet in December alone this past year.

Old 05-26-2009, 11:04 AM

1,156 posts, read 3,781,772 times
To the original poster, being a former inhabitant of SoCal, I have seen the havoc that breaks out on the roads when they get more than four raindrops in a day. *lol

I live in the South Puget Sound area and the summers are very temperate (mostly high 60's-70's with maybe a week to ten days total in the high 80's low 90's). The rest of the year, it can be in the 40-60 degree range for a high, depending on the season, and it is mostly overcast and intermittently rainy. However, you get used to the rain. I don't have an air conditioner in my house because I don't need one like I did in CA. Plus we have no income tax (high sales and property taxes, though). We get, on average, 1-2 days of snow a year and maybe just a couple of inches of it (last year was a bizarro world exception). Black ice is a problem, though, on occasion.

Spokane can get ungodly hot in the summer, as can Oregon. If you can adjust your view of drizzling rain, western Washington isn't that bad. Well, except you can't get good Mexican food. *lol

Old 05-26-2009, 11:48 AM

6,560 posts, read 14,458,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skinem View Post
Hot and cold is relative. Someone said there's no where in Washington that doesn't get seriously cold. I guess it's true that there's no where in Washington that isn't CAPABLE of getting seriously cold, but there are places that generally don't. Clarkston/Asotin come to mind.
My thinking is that from the OP's perspective, 'seriously cold' has a different definition from mine (by which, sustained temperatures of 20 F aren't cold at all). Your typical Tri-Cities winter day has a high of 34 and a low of about 25 overnight, and I don't consider that seriously cold myself, but I'm not from Phoenix. It's true that Asotin's a little milder than much of SE Washington, but I think the difference might be lost on someone whose winters average a daytime high in the 60s.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington