Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2017, 02:14 PM

2,251 posts, read 3,270,871 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK76 View Post
I90 = boring, HWY 2 much more interesting and scenic. If expedience is what you desire, take I90. Sightseeing? Take HWY 2.
I do agree that Hwy 2 is a much more scenic drive, but I disagree that the I-90 trip across the state is boring.

In less than a four-hour drive, you go from wet forest, to dry forest, to high desert, to irrigated cropland, to a little bit of scab land, back to forest.

Try having that kind of diversity on a interstate trip back East or in the Midwest...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2017, 02:39 PM

7,940 posts, read 9,495,584 times
You make better travel time on I-90 and the landscape is beautiful and varied. State Highway 2 is beautiful, but, you'll have to slow down through towns on the route. And cops often feast off the speeding tickets available on Washington State Highway 2.

Old 08-28-2022, 10:58 AM

246 posts, read 120,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalAngel2009 View Post
Oh, that's too bad about the construction work. Do you know if they work on the weekends? We're flying into Seattle from LAX on Saturday, the 15th... arriving around 9:00 a.m. Hopefully, we can leave the airport by 9:30 after we get the rental car.

One more thing, any idea what the weather will be like for the drive? July is usually really hot here... in the 100s.

Thanks much.
Hello ,
I was just reading, not planning on posting , until I saw "leaving from LAX" OK knowing that I have to tell you , you for sure want to drive 2. You will grab a vehicle by the airport, take i-5 till you get to 2 in Everett.

BUT before you do that , are you sure you don't want to take a few hours to check out the puget sound from one of the islands? You will be passing Bremerton, Mercer both will show you cool island life in Washington.

Further (a few miles past 2 so you would be coming back south to get to 2) is Camano Island , you can drive right onto that one. But that is only if you have a little time and what the hours are because taking 2 you want to make sure it is daylight , because if you have never been in the PNW you are in for a real treat. It is like a giant scooped up a green pine forest with rivers running and waterfalls made a nice road and set you on it and told you , enjoy , just drive carefully and enjoy. I cannot tell you how many times I have taken hwy 2 across those great beautiful mountains. I have never had a drive that disappointed me even after I knew each curve by heart.

I have taken 90 through Ellensburg onto the Gorge ,(where there is a natural open amphitheater in George) , I love the drive , it is interesting for me because there are places you can see the layers of rocks in the mountains at some point and how in the makings of the mountains and volcano's how they have been pushed around. I am a Lapidary and studying Geology so all of that may be just of interest to me . But taking 2 you can't go wrong.

Have a wonderful safe trip , oops i am answering an old question , July has passed already , i will answer still maybe someone can get something from it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington