Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2009, 12:34 PM

3,871 posts, read 17,097,058 times

Advertisements

Hi Mily. The previous poster has some wonderful ideas.

I just wanted to clarify that in the state of Washington, a reference to "PA" usually means Port Angeles, not Pennsylvania, just in case you're confused.

About Forks, are you aware that Forks is in a rain forest? Do you know that Forks receives about 120 inches of rain annually? That's 10 FEET of rain. It rains, showers or drizzles almost every day, except in July and August when it rains, showers or drizzles part of every second or third day.

Port Angeles receives 25 inches of rain annually. The whole area there on the northern side of the Olympic Peninsula, where Port Angeles is, has vistas whose beauty takes people's breath away. It's also quite windy there, the wind from the Strait of Juan De Fuca.

Both towns are very small compared with Toledo, and thus very different. Toleodo's population is about 300,000. Port Angeles' is 19,000 and Forks' is 3,300.

Here's a ton of useful information from City-Data:
Port Angeles:
//www.city-data.com/city/Port-A...ashington.html
Forks:
//www.city-data.com/city/Forks-Washington.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2009, 11:50 PM

33 posts, read 288,108 times
I watched "Field of Dreams" once. Afterward, I wanted to move to Iowa ... that lasted about three seconds, then I grew up.

Just sayin'.

Old 01-07-2009, 05:47 PM

2 posts, read 14,022 times
Thank you so much on the info. I did some research on Port Angeles and Forks and I like the area..I apreciate your help on the suggestion for the Border Patrol career..and hope that everything goes well, a lot of planning to do..I don't mind the rain and just to clarify I am not interested in Forks because of Twilight. I liked that area before Twilight and both areas the kind of places I would like to live..
Mily

Old 01-13-2009, 10:49 AM

17 posts, read 45,089 times
better like the rain, but the scenery is beautiful

Old 01-13-2009, 05:42 PM

26 posts, read 65,071 times
Better like commuting, as well. The highway to/from Forks (101) is a logging road, and PA is a good two hours each way with those trucks rolling. But what a view along the way! I would only move to Forks if I didn't have to commute anywhere. A thirteen hour work-and-commute day is too tiring to enjoy the view when I get home.

Listening to the rain put me to sleep at night, beckoning me to another two hours of sleep on the weekends... ah. And then, the newborn screams. Oh well!

Forks is a beautiful town, but it is not connected to any large business, so there is no central employer in town.

Old 01-13-2009, 10:16 PM

806 posts, read 2,340,624 times
[quote=DadandMomOfJunior;6982421]Better like commuting, as well. The highway to/from Forks (101) is a logging road, and PA is a good two hours each way with those trucks rolling.

WOW, How long ago have you been out to FORKS?? Hwy 101 is not a logging road.. ( to us, a logging road is a single laned dirt road) 101 is a well paved 2 laned highway with plenty of passing areas along the way. YES, there are logging truck that use that hwy, but what does that mean?? They're just another truck on the road. The commute is an hour and 20 mins from Forks to PA. Unless it's summer and you get stuck behind an RV around Lake Crescent!!

Just thought I'd like to share that!

Old 01-14-2009, 12:43 AM

2,278 posts, read 3,920,670 times
Oh oh!! Take some pics..for us Twilighters, lol.

Good luck with your move.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington