U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-27-2008, 12:07 PM

453 posts, read 1,550,990 times

Advertisements

Can anyone tell me about Lacey? Prices of homes, hospitals (for employment) crime, friendliness of town, weather year round? Does it really drizzle everyday? Just wanting to know for future reference.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2008, 01:27 PM

1,022 posts, read 3,941,572 times
Shadow,

It does not drizzle every day. You'll get four seasons, but winter is short (December and January) and summer is long (mid June-end of October). Form November through April, you'll see many rainy days, but most of them are just drizzle, and one can go about the day as usual (most locals don't even carry an umbrella).

If you're looking for employment in a hospital, Lacey is home to St. Peter's Hospital, and neighboring Olympia has the Capital Medical Clinic. Just a short drive north on I-5, you have Madigan Army Medical Clinic and the Veterans Hospital.

The median price for a home in Lacey is about $260,000, but one can find a decent home as low as $180,000.

You can learn more about the crime rate at city data. Lacey feels like a safe town to me and people seem friendly.

Lacey has experienced a lot of growth in a very short time and is still expanding. It offers a lot of amenities, such as shopping, entertainment and recreational. I hope you'll get a change to visit and check it out for yourself.

Greetings,

Sandy
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
>