Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2014, 09:15 AM

854 posts, read 1,140,885 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Freddy View Post
Not only are they destroying the elk herds, they have already destroyed the salmon and steelhead runs, and are logging the last old growth on the Olympic Peninsula.

Time to round them up and march them to Oklahoma where they can't do any more harm to the country.
That statement pretty much sums up my assumptions about your character and previous arguments we have had. Round them up and send them to Oklahoma, you can't be serious. Why so much hostility towards First Nations in Washington, they were here first. Get over it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2014, 09:29 AM

21,989 posts, read 15,713,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bad apples View Post
That statement pretty much sums up my assumptions about your character and previous arguments we have had. Round them up and send them to Oklahoma, you can't be serious. Why so much hostility towards First Nations in Washington, they were here first. Get over it.
Psst. You're responding to a zombie thread from 2009 that was resurrected by a single poster that has made a total of...one post. Pitiful.

Old 06-24-2014, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
Psst. You're responding to a zombie thread from 2009 that was resurrected by a single poster that has made a total of...one post. Pitiful.
What's your point? If someone revitalizes the thread than it's like it never even ended. I for one found FatFreddy's statement quite offensive. Thank you for your sympathy.

Old 06-24-2014, 10:29 AM

719 posts, read 987,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bad apples View Post
I can't believe you took that comment seriously. I believed it was hyperbole from the start.

Old 06-24-2014, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessoftheCape View Post
I can't believe you took that comment seriously. I believed it was hyperbole from the start.
My apologizes, I believe he was being sarcastic now that I have read it a couple of times. Sometimes it takes me a while to get the sarcasm on City Data. I see now that he was actually saying that the anti tribal talk and blaming them for all the environmental problems is ridiculous.

I apologize FatFreddy!!

I think we may actually agree on this topic.

Old 09-12-2014, 11:16 PM

2 posts, read 2,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Henderson View Post
I too am a avid elk hunter in Central Washington, and am angry in the lack of commitment from our state in regards to tribal hunting off reservation land. I have seen first hand the blatant disregard for hunting rules, land use practice, and sportsman beliefs. I feel that strength is in numbers, somehow we sportsman need to ban together and find alternate means to resolve this problem. I say arm yourselves with a quality camera and begin the quest of photography. Video or photograph the results of these tribal hunts, And I mean everything. Tire tracks off main roads, garbage left behind, shell casings,carcasses, animals in the back of vehicles. Then send them to Olympia, or send them to local media. I was raised to be a keeper of our land and to protect what is ours. I have also been told that Native Americans were keepers of our land, flora, and fauna. The tides have definitely turned. Its truly a shame that the building of deer and elk herds by so many are being destroyed by so few.
hey there natives were here first off..... we have treaty rights we do not decimate elk herds others DO

Old 09-12-2014, 11:20 PM

2 posts, read 2,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blownfilm58 View Post
hi sportsmen, i have been hunting and fishing in yakima for about 52 years as a kid growing we had some of the best, fishing and hunting,the creeks were full of trout, bull trout,cut throte, white fish, you name it. in 1974 they decided to put a conversion dam in by the ahtanum mission which dried up 2 of the main creeks and moved all the water to the reservation, you could believe how many fish died. We took lots of photos back then and sent them off to olympia, no one cared even back then, I have hunted alot for elk and deer, took elk and deer 6 years in a row, then we went to spike only, i have been putting in ever since for branch antler. have not been drawn since, decided to hunt archery, sitting one morning on a ridge in tampico up the south fork, in about 6" of snow i see a herd of elk in a long single string probably around 65 head as glassing see a truck pull down below, three indians get out and start shooting at the elk that were on our side of the reservation. they ended up killing 7 and wounded 2, 4 of the elk killed were big bulls the herd took off im sitting there thinking what is wrong with this picture white man bow arrow. i did not want to trail the wounded because lead in the animals besides i cant shoot branch bulls the were the 2 wounded. when i got back home i called the fish and game they did not care. It is time to stand up for our elk and deer herds move the seasons back to when it was at least a chance to mabey harvest something. We are the ones paying for nothing, its time to get the hand picked fish and game department persons out of there, and vote who we want to help us with the fight to stop the the indians from destroying the future for the younger generation. We need to put a person that the american outdoorsman wants on a election, instead of being appointed by the state, thank you
YOU don't know what your talking about natives were here first didn't England get wiped out by SOME PEOPLE that's why they came to north America read your history.

Old 09-13-2014, 08:44 AM

1,981 posts, read 3,151,872 times
Hey proud native hunter.
You have an opportunity here to educate folks!

Me I am non native but spent 20 years living near a tribal border community. The issues run deep, as seen in this old thread.

Yes tribes can have bad leadership just like any other group. But rarely that is the case. IMH Observation.... Generally tribal groups take better care of mother earth than non tribal groups.

The traditional harvest of game can upset non natives. Especially white sportsman. The mindset of harvesting game is different from that of recreational sportsman.

Speaking of England.. We can all be thankful we are not there. Were the practice of taking game to feed your family is dead, or at least reserved for the wealthy.

Old 09-13-2014, 08:48 AM

1,981 posts, read 3,151,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by proudnativehunter View Post
YOU don't know what your talking about natives were here first didn't England get wiped out by SOME PEOPLE that's why they came to north America read your history.
It was a lack of opportunity and religious persecution why they left.

Old 09-13-2014, 11:34 AM

102,210 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueTimbers View Post
It was a lack of opportunity and religious persecution why they left.
Not to mention, poverty, being sentenced to exile for crime, and wealthy sponsors hoping to increase their wealth off of indentured servitude with crop exports.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington