Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2010, 01:42 PM

291 posts, read 948,389 times

Advertisements

Okay, back to Shelter Bay.

I am still considering buying my inlaws house there.
I am hoping to get some feedback on the current situation there.

Is the contract/land lease settled? What is the atmosphere there like? Are people satisfied living there? Any current information on Shelter Bay would be welcome.

Thanks !
wc@h
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2011, 09:14 AM

2 posts, read 4,006 times
Default I could use a little

I am an Everett Real Estate Broker and will be listing a property for Sale (Leased Land) on Shelter Bay Drive. I would appreciate any feedback on who is the best bank, mrtg co., or private lender to work with when buying a property there? Fat Freddy? Captain? Comments? -Believe me I will be directing potential buyers to this site because I have learned a lot here. Personally I have done a lot of business with local Indians and understand how they operate. I have not ever been burned yet and I find them in general to be sometimes late for appointments but extremely fair in negotiations FYI Thanks for any input tbruns@skylineproperties.com or 425-609-9203 Appreciate all of your input!!!777777

Last edited by BRUT; 06-10-2011 at 09:17 AM.. Reason: I did not want to be unfairly critical of Native Americans

Old 06-10-2011, 09:20 AM

2 posts, read 4,006 times
Thumbs up Anyone interested in buying in Shelter Bay?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRUT View Post
I am an Everett Real Estate Broker and will be listing a property for Sale (Leased Land) on Shelter Bay Drive. I would appreciate any feedback on who is the best bank, mrtg co., or private lender to work with when buying a property there? Fat Freddy? Captain? Comments? -Believe me I will be directing potential buyers to this site because I have learned a lot here. Personally I have done a lot of business with local Indians and understand how they operate. I have not ever been burned yet and I find them in general to be sometimes late for appointments but extremely fair in negotiations FYI Thanks for any input tbruns@skylineproperties.com or 425-609-9203 Appreciate all of your input!!!777777

Old 08-14-2021, 06:46 PM

808 posts, read 541,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Crunch View Post
Anything & everything associated with the Swinhomish Tribe should be avoided, including driving through
Yes, you have to be careful driving through the reservation.

I drove through the main area of housing, just past the bridge, and was driving toward an area with stored logs. This was in the forested part of the reservation, well past the village.

An on-coming police car pulled me over for speeding through the village, even though I was well-past it and there was no way he could have known my speed. Total fabrication.

Fortunately, the judge threw it out, because they hadn't calibrated their radar guns recently.

I'm sure they've fixed that. But you can't fix lying cops.

Old 08-14-2021, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Crunch;7590398
The problems began in about 2004....Read this...
[URL
http://www.shelterbay.net/pdfs/Chronology_of_Actions.pdf[/url]

That seems to be missing. Could you repost it somewhere, if you have it?

Old 08-14-2021, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenniferwa View Post
if we want near any water that we can afford, it is on the reservation.

Famous old saying: "If it's too good to be true, it probably is!"

Old 08-16-2021, 11:55 AM

3,405 posts, read 2,733,126 times
Old revived post from 2009. There is a history of deciding to sometimes deny water rights AFTER a non-native purchases a property, and there isn't anything you or your bank can do about it. You then have to resell the property (typically at a big loss) to a native, that will then be able to have water service resumed.

^^^^
"If it's too good to be true, it probably is!"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington