Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-14-2009, 11:23 AM

45 posts, read 95,869 times

Advertisements

Know of the must see places...
Now, needs to be safe for children, as we have 3 under age 10... I ahve already decided on the zoo as one, and want to head down to the harbors as well...
Would love to know about State Parks to hike and ride in... Beaches to go to,
Anyone know of beaches where we can take a horse to??
Tara
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2009, 03:43 PM

1,490 posts, read 4,172,712 times
Do you have horses? or you looking for a rental?

When I know which I can point you in right direction....

Old 03-18-2009, 04:26 PM

45 posts, read 95,869 times
nwcountrygal, Have my own,
Tara

Old 03-18-2009, 04:48 PM

1,490 posts, read 4,172,712 times
In the past I have heard the Fort Lewis stables were very hard to get into... don't know now. They were always full.... they have turn outs - round pens - etc - all outside of Lakewood. Kinda a pain depending on where you will live. You can ride allot of Fort Lewis ( even though some say not) and outside Roy - East gate area of Ft Lewis - I don't know of any stables at McCord itself..either way they combined areas.

The beaches at the ocean - Westport area - you can ride although it is just flat beach with lots of kites - or ocean shores - personally I overdid that younger running rentals on beach really bores me but most want to do it once or twice.

Close to base it Mt Rainier - before the park is Elbe and Ashford - have a horse rental still in the area - lots of trails including horse park. Capital Forest by Olympia has riding also but I am not so much into that... Other side of MT is great riding too - in the summer you can ride Crystal Ski resort.

Olympics is a great!!! spot with lots of riding...

if you barrel race or rodeo - team pen - around the base in Yelm is a great arena lots of activities - there are many horse groups in the area close by - poker rides - GPS mounted treasure hunts. Fox hunting on the base also - (not real fox but whatever)

East of Mountain - Cle Elum Roselyn area great riding - White pass Corral Pass incredible in August along with many other trails with lakes...

This is mainly Mt horse riding - not arena horse riding! bridges mud wildlife rivers - depending on the level of trails I send you in the right direction.

WA does have incredible places to ride though and the area is very horse friendly!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington