Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2007, 08:00 PM

2 posts, read 14,172 times

Advertisements

Have you considered Ontario, OR? It is 50 miles from Boise. Only 34 miles from Costco and Target. We have a Super Walmart and Kmart here. There is no sales tax and the people here are friendly. Hunting and fishing are recommended if you live here. Lots of hunters and fishers. There is an engineering firm called Holladay Engineering in a neighboring town, (Payette, ID). I wouldn't live in Payette, it's a little too small for me, but Ontario is only a quick 12 minute drive. Check it out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2007, 12:43 AM

277 posts, read 1,298,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tahlerian View Post
Walla Walla is nice, though I never lived there. I have heard that Walla Walla is growing due to the expanding wine industry and the cost of living is beginning to rise there. This city is a very good second choice for shopping.
Walla Walla would be my recommendation if you can swing it. You'll see the most RE appreciation there due to the wine industry. Washington now has over 500 wineries and its been a real boon to the economy over there.

Old 05-12-2007, 02:39 PM

4 posts, read 12,321 times
Check out Post Falls, Id. too. It seems like the unemployment rate is really low here and Spokane is just a few minutes down the road. The outdoors are right in your back yard.
Moses Lake, Wa is a good choice if you are a bird hunter or a fisherman.

Old 07-26-2007, 04:22 PM

10 posts, read 38,766 times
Moses lake
Sorry no Costco (yet)

Old 04-03-2008, 05:06 PM

1 posts, read 1,950 times
Default Some advice

I am a civil engineer in Spokane, WA, but I grew up in Moscow, ID. This is the same region as Pullman, WA as they are only about 8 minutes apart by car. I was forced to leave the area for employment as an EIT, but if your husband is a PE, he may have better luck. I also work in water resources, storm and sewer, etc. I have three children myself and of all the places to live, we chose the South Hill in Spokane. Best schools in the area, no crime up here, lots of shopping, and at any moment we are ten minutes from the wilderness. There are so many lakes it is ridiculous. I loved Moscow, but as a mother, I got bored there in the summers while attending U of I. Spokane, Coeur d'Alene, and Post Falls, as well as the smaller communities surrounding them, are ideal for work opportunities and a family atmosphere.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington