Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2009, 03:24 PM

23 posts, read 108,035 times

Advertisements

Me, my fiance and our son moved to the Eastside 6 mos. ago and are starting to look into possible wedding plans in WA. We would like to get married somewhere outdoors, with facilities like restrooms and possible reception areas, maybe garden/arboretum or vineyard, or somewhere with a nice view of the water, something of that nature. Just somewhere simple, but beautiful- natural but elegant. Also, preferably where there won't be a lot of outside traffic, like on-lookers and such or noisy card driving by. And of course, during these tight times, a place that won't break the bank is important as well.

Any suggestions for good wedding spots??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2009, 04:09 PM

9,618 posts, read 27,342,201 times
The Pagoda in Point Defaince Park, Tacoma. Gorgeous.

Old 04-06-2009, 07:54 PM

238 posts, read 866,098 times
The rose garden in Pt. Defiance Park is also popular for weddings.

Old 04-06-2009, 09:38 PM

14 posts, read 101,643 times
There are too many such places to count in the San Juan Islands. You could choose a more formal site on one of the larger islands--San Juan Island (where I live), Orcas Island, even Lopez and Shaw islands. Or if you'd like something far more remote, there are many smaller island (sans power and other such amenities) from which to choose. Here on San Juan, I like Roche Harbor, Wood Duck Ponds, or one of the National Parks/beaches. Another spot NOT in the San Juans is called Larkspur Farm in Mount Vernon, located in the Skagit Valley. One of the most beautiful weddings I've ever attended took place at this magical spot. Very private, serene setting and the owner is very helpful and friendly. Happy Wedding Day!

Old 04-08-2009, 01:26 PM

Wow thank you all so much for your suggestions- keep em coming, the more to look into, the better! These spots sound great!

Now if only I knew of some places to find a cheap wedding dress... (hint hint) hehe

Old 04-10-2009, 11:18 AM

13 posts, read 89,022 times
My husband and I had our wedding reception at The Granary - located between Mount Vernon and La Conner - www.laconnerflats.com - Click on Rentals. Very quaint and private. This did not break the bank.

My niece had her wedding at Fairhaven Park in Bellingham (Fairhaven District). They have a community building you can rent. My niece had her actual wedding down the hill outside in nature and had the building setup for food service with seating just outside the bldg. Fairhaven Park - City of Bellingham, WA

I can think of a few other places - but I'm afraid they just might break the bank. Whispering Firs - Mount Vernon. At The Quarry - Mount Vernon/La Conner area. Larkspur Farms - Conway/Fir Island. At The Barn - Juntunen Farms - South Mount Vernon. The Grand Willow Inn - Mount Vernon. Lord Hill Farms - Snohomish. Anacortes Yacht Club - Anacortes.

And two others (that Might Not - ??) break the bank: Blanchard Chapel - Bow WA. Thousand Trails, La Conner - nice lodge there right on the water.

Old 04-10-2009, 11:52 AM

13 posts, read 89,022 times
One more: Hillcrest Lodge - Mount Vernon. Nice lodge, nice kitchen, nice grounds.

Old 04-10-2009, 10:58 PM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
34,714 posts, read 58,054,000 times
There are some wineries and guest ranches / lodges in the Columbia Gorge and Columbia Basin, if you want to avoid flakey weather (all but winter).

I will get some links'

Old 06-11-2009, 02:56 PM

You all are fantastic! Thank you so much for the suggestions! We truly appreciate it.

Old 06-11-2009, 03:01 PM

6,560 posts, read 14,459,845 times
Maryhill Museum hosts weddings on the grounds. Want to get married outside a former mansion turned art gallery overlooking the Columbia Gorge? Want to be pretty confident of good weather? Want to be well away from freeways so there is almost zero bustle? They can hook you up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington