Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2007, 11:23 PM
x4fscvdvd

n/a posts

Advertisements

I'm going to document my move to Washington by posting updates in this thread. Once I finally get there I will probably open a new thread for pictures. I've been posting on this forum for months figuring things out and it is time for the first step! Thanks to everyone who helped me decide.

The reason for opening this thread today? Tomorrow is my first interview for a job in Everett, WA. Luckily it is for a major company (Verizon) so I can interview down here, and go up there IF I get the job. It pays pretty good money, as much, or more than I am making in Southern California. It is a battery of about three tests over 5-8 hours and will be complete hell. If I don't get the job I would be pretty bitter because it is a day of work I am missing for this! Wish me luck.

Last edited by x4fscvdvd; 04-16-2007 at 11:55 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2007, 11:41 PM

559 posts, read 2,115,405 times
Good luck!! I think my husband knows a guy who works for Verizon, and he loves it. Again, good luck!!

Old 04-17-2007, 08:13 AM
x4fscvdvd

n/a posts
I got very little sleep last night...I hope I can handle this! Off I go.

Old 04-17-2007, 12:41 PM

Saying a prayer for you... :-)

Old 04-17-2007, 04:20 PM
x4fscvdvd

n/a posts
Well I went down there, I was the only one that arrived on time and knew what I was doing. It didn't really mean anything since the test was all that mattered, these people weren't interviewing me. We took the first test which covers a wide variety of subjects and it was really long. All three of us there passed. It was just like standardized testing in school.

Next we took the test specific to our job (Networking Support) and I was the only one that passed. Some of the questions were pretty hard, I was worried I didn't pass. The good news is that I passed all the tests, the bad news is that I have to go back this Monday for a role playing test where people pretend to be customers and I'm the employee. I hate that kind of stuff but if I nail it I think the job is pretty much mine. I really like the job I'm at now but I have to get out of California! If everything goes well I could be out of here in one to two months.

Old 04-17-2007, 09:44 PM

1,683 posts, read 2,704,241 times
Good luck to you!

Old 04-17-2007, 10:30 PM

Yep, prayer works! Saying another one for you right now! :-)

Old 04-22-2007, 07:51 PM
x4fscvdvd

n/a posts
Well things just got more intense...one of my roommates is giving us a surprise one-week notice that he is moving out. It would be a pain to find a roommate for just one more month, and I don't want to pay the extra money for his share because I could be saving that!

I'm going to try and make him pay for next month since a one-week notice just isn't O.K. That seals the deal though, I have to be out of here by May 31. Looks like things are heating up.

Old 04-22-2007, 08:37 PM

416 posts, read 2,509,731 times
You may have to pay his have unless you want an eviction on your record Can you talk to the managers to see if you could arrange anything? Just do anything to avoid the eviction - it is very hard to be approved for a rental with this mark.

Old 04-22-2007, 08:48 PM

28,113 posts, read 63,638,166 times
What does your room mate rental agreement state regarding moving notices? At the very least, I would subtract 30 days rent from the date he gave notice from his security deposit.

Are there any room mate damages that you will be on the hook for?

You need to protect yourself. The last thing you want on your credit report is an eviction or judgement that will hang around for 7 years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington