Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2007, 09:28 AM

6 posts, read 52,981 times

Advertisements

I love the feel of New England on the East coast but hate the weather. Are there any places that have the feel of New England in WA or OR?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2007, 12:09 PM

52 posts, read 349,573 times
Well, Port Gamble certainly has the 'New England' look as far as architecture goes.

Old 04-20-2007, 12:18 PM

49 posts, read 68,521 times
No. Plain and simple. New England is New England. I've lived in both areas and explored WA from end to end. Oregon I've been from Portland to the shore towns. No again.

Old 04-20-2007, 06:53 PM

30 posts, read 132,768 times
No..in a good way. the west IS the best. there are areas that have the old victorian seaport sort of "look" but it pretty much stops there. You could NEVER pay me enough to live on the east coast again.

Old 04-21-2007, 12:56 AM

559 posts, read 2,115,525 times
No. Definitely NOT New England-like. I don't believe it is overcast and/or rains consistently 9 months out of the year in New England; they actually have SEASONS up there. We don't have seasons at all here; just lots of overcast skies and rain--then 3 months out of the year when it is the most beautiful place on earth (July, August, September).

Old 04-21-2007, 06:16 AM

1,696 posts, read 5,190,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zenfull View Post
No..in a good way. the west IS the best. there are areas that have the old victorian seaport sort of "look" but it pretty much stops there. You could NEVER pay me enough to live on the east coast again.

UUUHHHHHH? Whats this? Im not alone? Its not just me? Its not just in my head about the East coast? You sir are a gentleman!
Where do you live rite now?

Old 04-21-2007, 10:20 AM

942 posts, read 1,391,408 times
Other than New Englanders named some of the communities in the northwest especially in Oregon after New England towns, there is nothing here to remind me of there. It is beautiful out here, now and then I see a house that looks like one built back home, but thats about it. I will tell you that New England would never allow the social problems of Portland back there, at least not to the extent that they are in this town.

Old 04-22-2007, 06:39 AM

5 posts, read 16,820 times
There's both good and bad in every area you live. One of my favorite places to live was Tulsa Oklahoma. I lived in many states and areas. I think it's the people that really make the difference. I currently live in Houston and hate it. My neighbors are complete A-holes. But that's just me.

Old 04-22-2007, 11:04 AM

1,696 posts, read 5,190,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatsFan12 View Post
There's both good and bad in every area you live. One of my favorite places to live was Tulsa Oklahoma. I lived in many states and areas. I think it's the people that really make the difference. I currently live in Houston and hate it. My neighbors are complete A-holes. But that's just me.
This is KEY!! The weather is a bonus!

Old 04-22-2007, 06:39 PM

642 posts, read 2,551,280 times
i started out looking for any place on the west coast that would be like New England. There really is no where. N.England is N. England because of history and cultures...a feel to it. I need to be on the west coast for personal reasons and lately even need to stay within the Pacific NW. Good luck in your search though, if you find a place ... let me know?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington