Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2009, 09:43 PM

3,969 posts, read 13,660,903 times

Advertisements

How about films that have "best" displayed Seattle?

My nominations would be, in no particular oder:

Fabulous Baker Boys (great downtown locales, nice skyline shots)
House of Games (all over the metro...circa 1980's)
Cinderella Liberty (excellent early 1970's skyline shots at the outset, and a very seedy 1st Ave.)
Rambo: First Blood...totally great NW WA on-location shooting, but not much Seattle
Parallax View...just the beginning, but great Space Needle/Seattle shots
The Black Widow....again, just the first half, but some nice atmosphere shots of a rainy Seattle
McQ: All the outdoor scenes on location in a 1970's Seattle. Fascinating.
The Slender Thread: little known, but totally 1960's Seattle, probably the best real representation of the city of that decade
It Happened At The Fair: only partially shot in Sea, but the Sea scenes are classic!
Sleepless in Seattle: partial filming, obsesssion with houseboats, but nice Pike Pl. Market scene
Singles: Great capital hill locales, but plot was more important
Hand That Rocks The Cradle: Many Sea locales, but somewhat generic at the same time. Enough to make it real

Honorary Seattle stand-in: Vancouver BC. I'm not sure how many films, both theatrical and made-for-tv have been filmed in Vancouver to represent Seattle, but my conservative guess would be well over one hundred. That is truely sad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2009, 01:04 AM

238 posts, read 865,830 times
I Love You To Death was filmed and took place in Tacoma. Great cast not that great of a movie. Great buildings in Tacoma were used. The Bostwick Tully's on 9th and Broadway was a main location (pizza shop), Java Jive, the Elks Building was the Police HQ.

Get Carter with Sylvester Stallone was filmed in Seattle and Tacoma.

Prefontaine used the field at UPS for the movie

Black Sheep was filmed in Buckley

Then there is the already mentioned 10 Things I Hate About You & The Hand That Rocks The Cradle that were mostly shot in Tacoma but took place in Seattle.

Old 10-22-2009, 04:55 PM

9,618 posts, read 27,332,226 times
The made for TV movie, Steven King's "Rose Red" was filmed in Seattle and Lakewood. I worked as an extra on that film, the part that made the cutting room floor.

Old 10-26-2009, 10:29 PM

9,894 posts, read 22,017,573 times
When i think of washington state i think of the 2002 movie "The Ring" & "Ring 2". I talked to a friend who said one of the houses in the movie is in Monroe, Wa. I think it was the house in the beginning of the movie where the teen girl runs up the steps & opens her bedroom door. Great movie!

Old 10-26-2009, 10:52 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,321,953 times
One film that comes to mind is "Trouble in Mind" with Kris Kristofferson as a private eye in a fiction place called "Rain City" - where it's raining pretty much throughout the entire film. It was of course filmed in Seattle.

Ken

Old 10-26-2009, 11:45 PM

9,618 posts, read 27,332,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
One film that comes to mind is "Trouble in Mind" with Kris Kristofferson as a private eye in a fiction place called "Rain City" - where it's raining pretty much throughout the entire film. It was of course filmed in Seattle.

Ken

I loved that movie. The bad guy was played by Divine, from John Waters films. The bad guy's mansion was what is currently the Asian Art Museum in Volunteer Park.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington