Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-04-2007, 11:08 AM

3 posts, read 14,941 times

Advertisements

I'm trying to get to a friend's house for her birthday, and I have a problem: She lives almost 200 miles away, and I can't drive.
Consequently, I'm trying to figure out where there is an airport near Montesano so that I can just fly in from Portland, OR. Does anyone know where the closest one is? Preferably one with a shuttle system as well...
I have a limited amount of funds for this trip, so any suggestions on how to do this as cheaply as possible would also be very welcome.
Thank you!

If you can help me out, please email me at

magical_mayhem1990@yahoo.com

with whatever info you can give me. Thanks again!

-Kris
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2007, 12:00 PM

5,595 posts, read 19,047,047 times
My suggestion would probably be to fly into Olympia.

From Olympia, there is a Grays Harbor Transit bus that goes to Montesano. Six trips a day, I believe.

Am I understanding right, you are coming from Portland? (but that's not 200 miles away from Montesano so perhaps not)

If you are coming from Portland, it's probably just as easy to take the Greyhound to Olympia and then catch the Grays Harbor shuttle to Montesano. I'd have to believe that would be the cheapest way to do it.

I'm thinking that there also could be commerical flights going into Aberdeen/Hoquiam but I'd have to check. Or hopefully somebody else will know.

No matter, if you don't mind the bus, I would think that's the most economical way to do it.

Let us know where you will be originating from and any other requirement you might have.

Thanks.

--'rocco

Old 05-04-2007, 12:03 PM

19 posts, read 85,477 times
I thought to Post here because of you mentioning Montesano, but I myself do not have the answers to your question. I wish I did and would be interested what the airlines have myself. I was interested in knowing somethings about Montesano as another place for me to look into as making myself residency somewhere in the Grays Harbor County. I'm going to check out Aberdeen, Hoquiam and Cosmopolis, Melbourne and any of these places in such an area there that has potentual means of finding work and rented place to live next month when I get into this area.

But any information on Montesano, would had been a bit to my curiousity as to what the place was like. Is what I would have questions about myself on.

Old 05-19-2007, 02:01 PM

Talking More info.

Thanks for the bus suggestions; I hadn't even thought of that for some reason. I'm coming in from Vancouver, Washington. I mentioned Portland because that was the first airport I could think of...

I mapquested it and it came back as 124 miles, not 200, so that's good... I'm going to check out the Greyhound fares now... Thanks!

-Kris

Old 05-19-2007, 03:09 PM

5,595 posts, read 19,047,047 times
Sorry, I should have given the fares to you initially. If you haven't looked them up yet, the regular fare for Greyhound is $23.50 one way and $45 round trip from Vancouver WA to Montesano.

The regular adult Grays Harbor Transit fare is, I believe, $2 for two zones.

Total round trip: $49

There are 3 Greyhound trips to and from Vancouver to Olympia daily and six Grays Harbor Transit trips daily from Olympia to Montesano.

Let me know if you'd like me to help with your itinerary.

Thanks.

--'rocco

Old 06-05-2007, 10:54 PM

Absolutely! That would be awesome.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington