U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-03-2009, 11:24 AM

2 posts, read 4,673 times

Advertisements

I need information about Oak HArbor WA here are the things i need
movement:how do the people get around
Transportain:What are some public transportasins
Newspaper:what is thier main newspaper
Technolygy:what technoly do they have
Climate:what clime is there
Clothes:what clothing do they wear
Farming:do they do farming what crops do they grow
fishing
entertainment:what do they do enjoy themselves
Radio:what is the main radio station
What have humans done to change the land

Please reply with good descriptive,Much,info
Sorry my english isn't the best
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2009, 06:41 PM

366 posts, read 528,275 times
Movement/Transportation: Most people in Oak Harbor drive a car to get around, or walk if they are close enough to where they need to go. Island Transit provides public transportation in Oak Harbor and the surroundings. Bus fare is free. Island Transit -

Newspaper: The Whidbey News-Times is the local paper in Oak Harbor. Whidbey News Times - Local News, Sports, Entertainment

Technology: I don't quite understand what you mean by this question... Oak Harbor has high-speed Internet and cable TV if that's what you are wondering.

Climate: It has sunny and warm summers, cloudy wet and mild winters, and spring and autumn are in between. It's in a rain shadow and gets less rain than its surroundings. There's usually one or two minor snowfalls in the winter.

Clothes: It's a military town so when not in uniform people dress pretty casually (T-shirts and jeans).

Farming: Oak Harbor is in a fertile region. Hay, alfalfa and wheat are big crops in the area. There are also some small ranches. There's a big fruit/vegetable farm north of Oak Harbor.

Entertainment: It's not a huge city so options are a bit limited. There's movie theaters (I think there is still a drive-in outside of town), restaurants, parks, and a bowling alley. There's boating in the harbor, and outside of the city there's hiking, camping, and fishing.

Radio: There's quite a few radio stations in Oak Harbor. Here's a list of stations supposedly receivable in Oak Harbor: Radio Stations in Oak Harbor WA (no idea how accurate this is)

Old 10-07-2009, 11:02 PM

2 posts, read 4,673 times
thanks but i still need more info though

Old 10-12-2009, 04:18 PM

1 posts, read 2,251 times
Hi, your English is just fine! A lot of information is at [url=http://www.WhidbeyCamanoIslands.com]Official Whidbey and Camano Islands tourism website. Located in the Pacific Northwest, 25 miles north of Seattle - The Shortest Distance to Far Away[/url] and click on the town links for the chambers of commerce for more information. All the best, RoseAnn
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington