Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-20-2009, 07:11 PM

20 posts, read 27,495 times

Advertisements

I have been reading alot of the posts about the port angeles area. Seems like a nice place to live.Thinking of relocating there in the near future. Do the sidewalks roll up at night? I'm not looking for extreme nite life so to speak, just somewhere I can get a cup of coffee and not have to leave at 9pm because they are closing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2009, 09:58 AM

576 posts, read 2,260,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamadog1 View Post
I have been reading alot of the posts about the port angeles area. Seems like a nice place to live.Thinking of relocating there in the near future. Do the sidewalks roll up at night? I'm not looking for extreme nite life so to speak, just somewhere I can get a cup of coffee and not have to leave at 9pm because they are closing.
It may seem so versus Salem but Salem has what, about 150,000 people compared to PA's twentyish thousand people. It seems that a lot of PA's residents get up to go to work early in the morning so they don't stay out too late on week nights.

Coffee? Coffee is near and dear to my heart having dabbled in buying beans from growers and roasting commercially for a time. From my perspective there's coffee and then there's coffee.

If you're serious about your coffee then there are several "Cup of Excellence" shops in Victoria, BC but that requires a (pleasant) ferry ride. May be more than you're willing to do on a daily basis for that perfect cup! My favorite shop in PA is Bella Rosa. It's not on my top 5 list nationwide but they do a nice job overall. Bella Rosa is on Lincoln St. near the Clallam Co. Courthouse.

Old 10-21-2009, 07:34 PM

20 posts, read 27,495 times
well the salem I'm from only has about 6500 people.and yes I too love my coffee!! I am always at the local restaurant having coffee with friends.I'm sure I would probablly enjoy a ferry ride to go have coffee,every once and a while that is. I'm used to driving 20 miles to just go to walmart and 40 to the nearest mall.But so sick of looking at corn fields,bean fields,and sorry to say rednecks in general.No offence to anyone but deer season is coming and thats all they talk about. Sounds like I'm whining,but I know all their stories by heart.haha
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
View detailed profiles of: