Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-29-2006, 12:02 AM

3 posts, read 9,675 times

Advertisements

I plan to move to Bellingham in the next few months. Any info anyone can give me how the rental market is, even after the students move back, would be great. Like for a decent 2 bdrm. What areas are good to live in and where is sketchy? I visited there last May for a brief stint, and it seemed like people who lived there were friendly, cared about the environment/Earth, and what's up with the community garden thing? Can anyone sign-up, is it a co-op?
Also, are there any other areas somewhere around the outer areas of Seattle that would be worth checking out, like Olympia for example? I wasn't too hip on some of the areas east of Seattle, due to massive traffic and all that Rat Race stuff. I do like Seattle, but coming from an island in SE Alaska, that would probably be too much to deal with right away. Thanks to whomever takes time to communicate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2006, 04:10 AM

5,595 posts, read 19,043,053 times
When you're talking about the community garden, I'm assuming that it's the one sponsored by the city parks department. They're pretty popular all over Washington.

Here's a link that will tell you all about it:

http://www.cob.org/cob/cobfaq.nsf/0/e536827bedee14a088256c1500535964?OpenDocument (broken link)

You're actually renting a plot from the city to grow your personal veggies, etc. They must be successful because they seem pretty popular. Evidently there's trust among the gardeners because you'd think there might be problems with people stealing other's produce, etc. ...I don't know.

--'rocco
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington