Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-19-2008, 06:26 PM

4 posts, read 26,712 times

Advertisements

I JUST MOVED TO OLYMPIA FROM SAINT LOUIS, MISSOURI AND I MISS PLAYING ICE HOCKEY

I AM LOOKING TO FIND MAYBE A PICK UP GAME OR A STEADY GROUP TO PLAY WITH ONCE OR TWICE DURING THE WEEK

IF ANYONE OUT THERE HAS INFORMATION OR NEEDS AN EXTRA PLAYER FOR THEIR TEAM OR GROUP I WOULD LOVE TO JOIN

I AM 27 YRS OLD AND MY LEVEL IS ADULT REC B+. BACK HOME MY GROUP CONSISTED OF GUYS OF SEVERAL SKILL LEVELS AND ALSO BOB AND BARCLAY PLAGER LEGACY SO DON'T WORRY I CAN PRESENT A NICE CHALLENGE
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2008, 07:53 PM

146 posts, read 387,591 times
Default ice in spanaway??

Quote:
Originally Posted by RusskiHockey View Post
I JUST MOVED TO OLYMPIA FROM SAINT LOUIS, MISSOURI AND I MISS PLAYING ICE HOCKEY

I AM LOOKING TO FIND MAYBE A PICK UP GAME OR A STEADY GROUP TO PLAY WITH ONCE OR TWICE DURING THE WEEK

IF ANYONE OUT THERE HAS INFORMATION OR NEEDS AN EXTRA PLAYER FOR THEIR TEAM OR GROUP I WOULD LOVE TO JOIN

I AM 27 YRS OLD AND MY LEVEL IS ADULT REC B+. BACK HOME MY GROUP CONSISTED OF GUYS OF SEVERAL SKILL LEVELS AND ALSO BOB AND BARCLAY PLAGER LEGACY SO DON'T WORRY I CAN PRESENT A NICE CHALLENGE
there used to a nice rink out in spanaway...is it still there??

and remember the rink that overhung the water near gravelly lakes dr. off stielacoom blvd???? memorieeeeesss...like the corners of my miiiind...

Old 10-20-2008, 04:26 PM

I don't remember any rinks in the area, because I AM NEW HERE! DUH!
so anyway let me know where i can play if you have some HELPFUL info!!
no really thanks VOIVOD!

Old 10-20-2008, 09:44 PM

166 posts, read 489,786 times
There is a local hockey group in Seattle on the meetup.com website. Seems it was mostly a group for watching local Thunderbirds games, but noticed some of the members do play, so they'll be a good source of info on local rinks/leagues. Hope that helps.

Just moved here from STL area also, otherwise would have more info for ya.

Old 10-20-2008, 11:28 PM

5,595 posts, read 19,043,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by voivod View Post
there used to a nice rink out in spanaway...is it still there??

and remember the rink that overhung the water near gravelly lakes dr. off stielacoom blvd???? memorieeeeesss...like the corners of my miiiind...

Yup, the ice rink in Spanaway is Sprinker and is still there. Sprinker Recreation Center's ice rink is nationally known for its exceptional rink and renown programs for both hockey and figure skating.

Seattle area 1984 Olympic silver medal figure skater, Rosalynn Sumners I believe trained there amongst a handful of other prominent names in the figure skating community.

The one that "overhung the water" was the old Oaks Pavilion on the north end of Lake Steilacoom that was once a ballroom later converted to an ice rink called Lakewood Ice Arena (http://www.lakewoodhistorical.org/media/images/clip_image001.jpg - broken link). Its roof collapsed in the early 80s and it was torn down shortly after that. Yes, that was quite a building and was kind of scary to be on the ice there.

Anyways, Russki, you might consult with Sprinker. I'm sure they could give you a lot of information on hockey leagues.

edit: I forgot to mention that the Tacoma Hockey Club has pick-up games. You also might want to contact them.

Last edited by scirocco22; 10-21-2008 at 08:25 AM..

Old 10-21-2008, 04:34 AM

I am happy to provide this thread for walking down the memory lane. Anytime people i mean ANYTIME!!! As for the info thank you all that contribute. Still looking for a team or a group of skaters who play closer to Olympia rather than Seattle. Thanks Joe!
Scirocco i'll take up consulting with Sprinker per your advise.

Old 12-12-2008, 03:04 PM

30 posts, read 75,082 times
Do they have adult figure skating sessions over there?

Old 12-12-2008, 03:23 PM

5,595 posts, read 19,043,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by figureskater View Post
Do they have adult figure skating sessions over there?

According to their website, it's on Thursdays:

Recreation Programs - Pierce County Parks & Recreation, WA

Sprinker instructors (and their rates) are listed here:

http://www.sprinker.org/pros.htm#ProsList

Old 04-08-2009, 06:51 PM

1 posts, read 7,569 times
I am part of the Greater Seattle Hockey League GSHL, which is one of the largest leagues in the country. You can check them out at gshockey.com, but it is not the best site. The closest rink to you is at Sprinker Ice Arena, Sprinker Rec. Center & Ice Arena, in South Tacoma. There is also another rink just north of there in the Fife area. My league plays at Kent all the time, but that is probably 45 minutes to an hour from you. There are plenty of rinks around Seattle!

Old 01-24-2010, 05:31 PM

1 posts, read 6,857 times
Are you playing in a league yet? I play in the Bremerton Area and Im putting together a team for a Vegas Tourney starting March 4th. Are you interested?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington