Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2009, 09:25 PM

68 posts, read 192,370 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LogicIsYourFriend View Post
You don't seem to have a good reason why you think pot should be illegal. Currently, if a person uses marijuana, they can be legally robbed, imprisoned and blacklisted with a criminal record for something that is no worse (and frankly much healthier and safer) than drinking alcohol. If you don't have a good reason to destroy a person's life, then you just shouldn't do it! That's why it needs to be legal.

All arguments for criminalization fail miserably due to hypocrisy compared to alcohol, tobacco, and hastily-studied pharmaceuticals, and because they aim to destroy civil rights for no good reason.
im sorry hon legally robbed? i dont follow? u mean of the illegal substance?

Old 12-30-2009, 09:29 PM

206 posts, read 571,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emopoops View Post
If I may, he maens your drugs, money, car, and whatever else you have in your possession.

Old 12-30-2009, 09:31 PM

i dont understand, why would it be ok for someone to rob someone just because they are in possession of pot?
i dont get it is it a law thing? really makes no sense to me

Old 12-30-2009, 09:32 PM

Quote:
i dont understand, why would it be ok for someone to rob someone just because they are in possession of pot?
i dont get it is it a law thing? really makes no sense to me
It's not like you can go to the cops and tell them someone stole your weed.

Old 12-30-2009, 09:34 PM

4,049 posts, read 5,025,376 times
Quote:
Yes, as well as other legal property that cops suspect may have been involved in the "illegal" activity. But that's the least of it. They also get imprisoned (e.g. full and complete denial of freedom), and blacklisted with a criminal record (much harder to rise above minimum wage or even get a job).

Should the government be allowed to steal from, imprison, and blacklist a person for owning a safer substance than alcohol? No. No one has ever given me a good reason, you included. And it's simply wrong to hurt a person so badly when you have no good reason.

Old 12-30-2009, 09:40 PM

ok. if someone breaks a law. they go to jail for it in cases. thats right.
but what r u refering to like the cops can "rob" or take away the stuff that was invlved in what?
like an example might help. i dont understand... the cops can take away your car? i dont follow

Old 12-31-2009, 11:16 AM

Quote:
ok. if someone breaks a law. they go to jail for it in cases. thats right.
but what r u refering to like the cops can "rob" or take away the stuff that was invlved in what?
like an example might help. i dont understand... the cops can take away your car? i dont follow
Google "asset forfeiture".

Old 12-31-2009, 12:28 PM

wiki:
Instrumentalities of crime are property that was used to facilitate crime, for example cars used to transport illegal narcotics.

obviously. its apart of the drug dealers or whatever "business"
if its apart of the illegal activity. they take it or something.
thats not being robbed. thats the law. sickening u think its actually robbed.
no way hon

Old 12-31-2009, 01:22 PM

Quote:
wiki:
Instrumentalities of crime are property that was used to facilitate crime, for example cars used to transport illegal narcotics.

no way hon
If you think that why bother posting in the first place?

Old 12-31-2009, 01:52 PM

Quote:
wiki:

no way hon
I said "legally robbed." You think it's ok for a cop to take a person's car away because they had marijuana in the car? Even if the car was owned legally? When something isn't even worth being a crime, it shouldn't lead to forfeiture of legally owned items.

You still haven't given any good reason to hurt people so badly by stealing from them, imprisoning them and blacklisting them. You're shamelessly cruel if you think it's ok to arbitrarily do that to a person who harmed no one else. All you have is "it's the law." Slavery was the law, women couldn't vote because of the law, alcohol was prohibited by law for a short time and it fueled the mafia just like today's drug cartels, etc. You think we should just keep everything because it's current law? Give me a good reason for it to be against the law or accept that you are simply basking in cruel ignorance, "hon".

Last edited by LogicIsYourFriend; 12-31-2009 at 02:00 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
View detailed profiles of: