Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2007, 02:56 PM

417 posts, read 1,282,294 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowXOR View Post
Well I was fired and when I asked for an explanation they wouldn't give me one. I was on time, dressed sharp, worked hard, and I'm very confused and angry right now. This messes things up so bad. I wouldn't be mad if I deserved it or got an explanation but they didn't have one!!!
Just think about the bad karma that will come to the individual who let you go for no good reason. Dust yourself off now and I know you will find an even better job.
Actually, from what I've read and hear, so many companies are scratching to try and find employees because everything is booming.
Don't forget to keep in touch with your Verizon job connection. Don't want to let them overlook you.
ShadowXOR, stay in contact here and for sure let all of us know when you find another job or something good happens in your life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2007, 06:18 PM

388 posts, read 1,785,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by princessvanessa View Post

Yup, finding your way around University Place/Lakewood/Tacoma/Fircrest can be a challenge.
Agreed...worst in the whole state.

'Course you could always try to explain how Cedar becomes Pine in Tacoma after Center Street...not even a jog, it just changes.

Old 07-12-2007, 03:44 PM
x4fscvdvd

n/a posts
My fiancee and I are both in our new apartment with internet but neither of us have jobs!!! I might have to take something crappy temporarily. There are a lot of jobs here but it's costing me a lot going to and from Seattle plus paying for parking. I'm super stressed!

Old 07-12-2007, 07:21 PM

1,696 posts, read 5,192,632 times
Quote:
My fiancee and I are both in our new apartment with internet but neither of us have jobs!!! I might have to take something crappy temporarily. There are a lot of jobs here but it's costing me a lot going to and from Seattle plus paying for parking. I'm super stressed!
Theres no parking in the street? or just hard to find a spot? Where are you commuting from?

Old 07-13-2007, 11:54 AM
x4fscvdvd

n/a posts
I'm commuting from Lynnwood and you have to pay for parking just about everywhere in Seattle.

Thankfully I did get a job but it doesn't pay very well. I'm going to start taking the bus and in the mean time I'm going to be looking for a better job because this one isn't going to cut it! there are a ton of jobs up here but they seem more strict. One job I had to interview with five people! If I get it though it will be great money.

Old 07-13-2007, 04:09 PM

Quote:
I'm commuting from Lynnwood and you have to pay for parking just about everywhere in Seattle.

Thankfully I did get a job but it doesn't pay very well. I'm going to start taking the bus and in the mean time I'm going to be looking for a better job because this one isn't going to cut it! there are a ton of jobs up here but they seem more strict. One job I had to interview with five people! If I get it though it will be great money.
You will get there! Just enjoy the ride in the meantime!
How much is parking there for the day? I'd like to compare it to NY.

Old 07-27-2007, 08:26 PM

307 posts, read 1,421,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by princessvanessa View Post
I have to chuckle at this. I live on __th St. Ct. W. in University Place.

When on the telephone, first comes the question, "Is it Street or Court?" to which I inform them that it is both. Then when they enter University Place their computer has a fit. "That's Tacoma....(or sometimes Fircrest)," I'm corrected. They must think I'm so confused that I don't even know which town I live in, haha. "Leave it," I tell them, "the postal worker always seems to find me whether it is University Place, Fircrest, or Tacoma."

When traveling down 67th it suddenly becomes Mildred. Not only that but at an intersection near my house you will see a sign saying 40th Street on the right and the sign on the left states Emerson.

27th makes a slight curve and becomes Regents Blvd. even before it enters Fircrest.

56th wiggles and becomes Cirque Dr., Bridgeport suddenly becomes Jackson, Orchard St. changes to Lakewood Dr.. I can go on and on. Not only that but at 19th St-- Orchard St. ends on the south side of Highway 16 and begins again on the north side of Highway 16. Try giving directions for that one!!

Yup, finding your way around University Place/Lakewood/Tacoma/Fircrest can be a challenge.
Husband and I have been looking at the Univ. Place area for relocation (we're from LA). We have friend in Gig harbor, but think the commute over the bridge might not be that fun...and we'd like to be closer to Seattle (not that we'll go there a ton). How is Univ. Place? Really. Tell me all the dirt. (see my post asking about univ place, brown's point, and ruston).

Old 07-27-2007, 09:49 PM

20 posts, read 89,991 times
I have been reading through this topic and I am glad things are a bit better for you Shadow. I feel I can relate a little. I live in Sacramento, CA right now and I can't wait to get out. My husband and I are going to quit our jobs and move to Gig Harbor as soon as my middle child is done with high school. I just love everything about Seattle and think Gig Harbor is beautiful.

We are leaving this Thursday and flying up to catch the Mariners and Boston on Saturday. We will be meeting with a realtor to get some questions about the area answered. I know nothing about the schools and good v bad areas.

If anyone could enlighten me I would appreciate it.

Old 07-27-2007, 10:15 PM

1,920 posts, read 2,780,359 times
Well, I just arived back in Washington. Have to say that that maybe I was wrong about this state being the best in the nation. THE BEST IN THE WHOLE FRIGGEN WORLD EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA. For those who don't love the traffic......well there are third world countries you might try...they are usually better for traffic. I bet you never see traffic jams in Ethiopia. As far as the rain....well I have to wonder why the heck you would complain when You were the one who wanted to move to a RAIN FOREST. You know what it does in a rain forest? It RAINS. Everbody knows its wet here, didn't we all watch Sleepless in Seattle. Im just haveing fun. Someone has to Battle for Seattle, its a pity, people dog our city. Actually I don't give a damn, I just moved to Bellingham. If you can't take the summer, your in for a winter bummer. Before I finish, before Im done.....three cheers for Washington!!!!

Old 07-28-2007, 06:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sberdrow View Post
Well, I just arived back in Washington. Have to say that that maybe I was wrong about this state being the best in the nation. THE BEST IN THE WHOLE FRIGGEN WORLD EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA. For those who don't love the traffic......well there are third world countries you might try...they are usually better for traffic. I bet you never see traffic jams in Ethiopia. As far as the rain....well I have to wonder why the heck you would complain when You were the one who wanted to move to a RAIN FOREST. You know what it does in a rain forest? It RAINS. Everbody knows its wet here, didn't we all watch Sleepless in Seattle. Im just haveing fun. Someone has to Battle for Seattle, its a pity, people dog our city. Actually I don't give a damn, I just moved to Bellingham. If you can't take the summer, your in for a winter bummer. Before I finish, before Im done.....three cheers for Washington!!!!
That's the name of a new movie coming out. "Battle in Seattle".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington