Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2010, 11:15 PM

282 posts, read 806,828 times

Advertisements

Hi All,

Question for you all: what are some romantic get-away locations for a long weekend somewhere on the peninsula (west of Seattle)? We don't mind a bit of a drive either.

I'm hoping to surprise my wife, so any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2010, 12:41 PM

5,002 posts, read 12,358,226 times
Port Townsend is your best bet for cute romantic. It's an old hippie hideout and has lots of cute places and nice hotels. The main strip is Water St. (aptly named, it's on the water) and the next street away from the water also has some cool stuff on it. Then, it's about a hour drive to Port Angeles where you can take a ferry to Victoria, BC. Bring your passports.

If you're looking for a more outdoorsy experience, there's a lake called Crescent Lake along the 101. It's beautiful. There's some cabins you rent out and I think they also have canoes or kayaks to go across the lake. There's the Hoh rainforest which is just absolutely breathtaking in the natural beauty and makes you see the cycle of life that goes on.

Old 04-29-2010, 11:40 PM

107 posts, read 402,650 times
Lake Quinault or Kalaloch. National Park lodging at either fits the bill

Old 04-30-2010, 12:17 AM

807 posts, read 2,258,048 times
I second the Lake Quinault idea.

Old 04-30-2010, 08:42 AM

692 posts, read 3,141,910 times
Cresent Lake and Lake Quinault are great choices ...But

They might be closed until around May sometime so make sure you have reservations.
Also I prefer all these areas when the Weather is nice. It really makes a difference and that can be a challenge this time of the year. I find August and September the best months for weather here.

Other great thing to do when here are visit Sol Duc Hotsprings and Hike the trail (about 1 mile) to the Sol Duc Falls. There are also cabins there.

Drive up to Hurricane Ridge from Port Angeles. No Lodging but a wonderful day trip.

Plan a day at Rialto Beach on the Ocean near Lapush. Try to hit Rialto on a near low tide. Makes it far easier to walk the beach. It's a State Park with no entrance fee.

Visit Sequim during the Lavender Festival.

We live here now after spending our life in Seattle and find more things then we can do each year.

Good luck,

Silverfox

Old 04-30-2010, 08:49 AM

353 posts, read 934,448 times
Rosario on Orchas Island

Old 05-01-2010, 04:03 AM
Status: "From 31 to 41 Countries Visited: )" (set 6 days ago)

4,640 posts, read 13,917,464 times
Olympic Hot Springs in the Olympic mountain range, Hurricane Ridge(Beautiful alpine meadows dont let the word hurricane scare you), and Port Townsend( A great town on the northern Olympic peninsula. )

Olympic Hot Springs and Hurricane Ridge I think are 2-3 hours away from Seattle if you drive your car onto the ferry on the Puget sound between Seattle and Bainbridge Island while Port Townsend is about 2 hours away.

I think you can easily go to Olympic Hot Springs, Hurricane Ridge, and Port Townsend in one weekend. They are all close to each other and about 2 hours-2 hours and half away from downtown Seattle. They are all in the northern Olympic peninsula.

However, you should call the Olympic National Park Headquarters in advance to make sure Olympic Hot Springs and Hurricane Ridge is open if you go there. It was open early April but I think it has been open since the middle of April.

There are also plenty of other options for great getaways in the Olympic Peninsula too.

Old 05-02-2010, 11:48 AM

292 posts, read 1,448,085 times
Kalaloch Lodge. Right on the ocean, you can rent a cabin or a room in the lodge. There is a restaurant on site and a great beach for long walks. Ruby Beach, a short drive north, is my favorite.

You can see a picture in the picture thread, second or third post.

Old 05-02-2010, 05:05 PM

1,717 posts, read 4,649,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eskercurve View Post
Port Townsend is your best bet for cute romantic. It's an old hippie hideout and has lots of cute places and nice hotels. The main strip is Water St. (aptly named, it's on the water) and the next street away from the water also has some cool stuff on it. Then, it's about a hour drive to Port Angeles where you can take a ferry to Victoria, BC. Bring your passports.

If you're looking for a more outdoorsy experience, there's a lake called Crescent Lake along the 101. It's beautiful. There's some cabins you rent out and I think they also have canoes or kayaks to go across the lake. There's the Hoh rainforest which is just absolutely breathtaking in the natural beauty and makes you see the cycle of life that goes on.
Gotta agree. Pt. Townsend is lovely and, in addition to being romantic, there's stuff to do there. Several good places to eat and a nice live music scene, as well as lots of cute little shops, and if you drive to Aok Harbor to take the ferry, Deception Pass is on the way.

That is one mighty cool place as well.

Here's a guide to PT

Port Townsend, Washington City Guide

Old 05-03-2010, 03:46 AM
Status: "From 31 to 41 Countries Visited: )" (set 6 days ago)

4,640 posts, read 13,917,464 times
"However, you should call the Olympic National Park Headquarters in advance to make sure Olympic Hot Springs and Hurricane Ridge is open if you go there. It was open early April but I think it has been open since the middle of April."

Oops, sorry. I meant "It was closed early April but I think it has been open since the middle of April. That was a typo.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington