Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2009, 10:12 PM

806 posts, read 2,341,411 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAILANI View Post
I love this thread and visit it often.
After living here for over 8 years, this makes me want to get more into photography. I have always enjoyed road trips, but have always hesitated to stop at scenic sites and take a picture- not now!
Thank You all for such great photos!!

As I had recently posted, I made my family drive out to see Mt. Baker last night. It was beautiful up at the ski area. The weather was gray all over, so we never really saw the mountain from town. I did take a lot of pics, and made my husband pull over a lot! I will post them soon!!
Can't wait for summer!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2011, 12:06 PM

3,721 posts, read 7,825,288 times
Re posting this here (just posted in the actual picture thread as a response to another post):

Washington is a beautiful state with lots of different terrain and climates to choose from. All areas of the state are just gorgeous.

And in what other state can you have beautiful ocean beaches (some with awesome sand dunes), a temperate rain forest, snow capped mountains full of glaciers, a large inland sea (Puget Sound and Salish Sea), many gorgeous and laid back islands, rivers, lakes, and streams galore, both semiarid steppe and truly arid deserts, magnificent waterfalls, and so much more all in just a single state?

Old 03-17-2011, 12:42 PM

2,011 posts, read 3,551,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjg5 View Post
Re posting this here (just posted in the actual picture thread as a response to another post):

Washington is a beautiful state with lots of different terrain and climates to choose from. All areas of the state are just gorgeous.

And in what other state can you have beautiful ocean beaches (some with awesome sand dunes), a temperate rain forest, snow capped mountains full of glaciers, a large inland sea (Puget Sound and Salish Sea), many gorgeous and laid back islands, rivers, lakes, and streams galore, both semiarid steppe and truly arid deserts, magnificent waterfalls, and so much more all in just a single state?
Don't want to start a CA vs. WA argument, but CA was also blessed with a lot of natural beauty. And then there is that whole weather thing.... It's the primary reason anyone lives in CA. I'm sure the mayor of San Francisco thinks everyone lives there for his policies though, and not the beautiful views...

All that said, I hope I end up in WA.

Old 03-17-2011, 01:04 PM

California is alright, been there a few times, but I definitely wouldn't want to live there. There are only two states I would consider living in. The one I'm in right now (Washington), and Alaska. I may consider Hawaii in my retirement years, but other than that, other states just really don't interest me as living places. That being said, if I ever did end up in California, I would prefer a higher elevated region in the northern end of the state (Yreka comes to mind), or the Lake Tahoe area.

Old 03-18-2011, 12:26 PM

1,329 posts, read 2,943,969 times
cjg5, I'm moving to the Toutle area in less than a month (not Alaska, I know LOL), do you know anything about that area? More or less rain than the Seattle area? Any nearby towns that you would not even consider moving to? So far it looks like Toledo is one of the few places I can even find rentals. I would soooo appreciate any little tidbits you may have

Old 03-18-2011, 09:45 PM

I have been over most of this entire state, but have only been through the Toutle area and have not really spent any time there. I believe the area is similar to Seattle in the winter temperature wise if not slightly cooler, slightly warmer average highs in the summer, but more annual rainfall. Average lows run lower than Seattle year round.

Old 10-20-2011, 06:59 PM

43 posts, read 116,607 times
My family is moving to Washington in April from Las Vegas and I cannot wait! Pictures are Beautiful!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington