Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2007, 05:31 PM

1 posts, read 9,203 times

Advertisements

My sister and her family moved to republic 32 years ago from the midwest, they had a number of children and they have loved the community. There are not alot of jobs due to the small community. That is the only thing that kept me from moving out there is the jobs. Otherwise i think it is a beautiful place to live. I have visited around 15 times now and am heading again this summer.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2007, 09:30 PM

1 posts, read 9,106 times
Smile Republic, Wa

Republic is a great place to live, if you like small town life... things like no traffic, no stress, no traffic.... LOVE IT HERE... been living here for about 10 years now and it drives me nuts to go back to the big city, which is spokane, 3 hour drive away... the wildlife is great, have had deer, moose, bobcat, bear and lots of other wild life in my front yard. Some people can't handle it, you have to be special. lots of people from california are starting to move up here, yep our little peradise has been found.. but it is still small town life, where you can walk down the street and meet people's eye and smile and say "Hi There" and not worrie about getting mugged. there are jobs here if you don't mind working for minimum wage... but if you want to work there are jobs, at one time i was working 3 jobs, so they are out there. if you have any questions don't worrie and e-mail me, i will try to answer all questions, i hope....
thanks
d

Old 02-09-2008, 12:28 AM

3 posts, read 27,073 times
I'm considering moving to the Republic area. How's the local rattlesnake population in the surrounding hills?

Old 03-12-2008, 01:06 PM

1 posts, read 9,027 times
What is the community like? Do they (you!) welcome newcomers? What types of businesses are actually there? General weather? I'm interested!
Thanks for your time -

Deborah

Old 03-13-2008, 12:51 PM

Default Republic

Hi Deborah, it looks like you have some of the same questions I do. I've never been there but we're planning a trip sometime this spring. (we're in Tacoma now) I'll post about our experiences afterwards.

You probably know this... but you can get an idea of the waether from the city data site, if you scroll down far enough there are graphs showing the average temp, rain, snow, wind, and cloudy/sunny days. Republic, Washington (WA) Detailed Profile - relocation, real estate, travel, jobs, hospitals, schools, crime, news, sex offenders

Here's a couple more weather links: Current conditions Current Values and Day Highs/Lows - Current Values and Day Highs/Lows and NOAA forcasts http://www.wrh.noaa.gov/forecast/Map...ld2=-118.73667 ; here's a link to the city's site Republic WA : Republic Washington , the county Management Information System (Republic is the county seat)

And, finally a couple of real estate links. It's always good to look and see what they have listed for sale. Ferry County real estate in north central WA - Republic, Curlew, Kettle Falls, Colville - see Diana Brown of Brown Bear Real Estate ; Windermere Real Estate

That should help you get some idea of what life is like there... Good luck!

Old 03-13-2008, 12:59 PM

P.S. It looks like this site really messes up any links you try to post...... So just copy and paste the link between where it says [url= and the first ] after that. I tried to fix it, but it did it again..... It also adds a description of the web site after the link too....

Hope you can figure it out.

Stuart

Old 07-11-2008, 02:31 PM

1 posts, read 8,583 times
We are looking to move to republic as well.. I love it there. My only hang up is the job situation. Does anyone know about the Conservation corps in ferry county? Maybe getting a job thru them would work or the school... the only problem is that there is little internet information that I can obtain.. any suggestions? Does the school system seem to hire?

Old 07-11-2008, 06:46 PM

6,321 posts, read 7,037,074 times
One of the good things about Republic and Ferry County is that they are part of the North Central Regional Library system. The system is so good, that at one point we considered moving from Stevens to Ferry County just for the library system.

Old 08-13-2008, 11:09 PM

1 posts, read 8,425 times
Default Finding old friends

I'm looking for someone who grew up in the Republic and Colville area. Here name is Sinnamon. Anyone out there know her or what happened to her? Thanks

Old 11-25-2008, 11:08 AM

2 posts, read 11,207 times
Thumbs down Life in Republic

I moved here 1 year ago. Hate it! People very prejudiced toward Hispanics and Mexicans.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington