Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2006, 03:45 PM

149 posts, read 1,022,551 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowlitz County View Post
Bellingham really doesn't have much crime, sorry to argue. I lived there for two years and rarely ever heard a siren and felt very safe, no matter what time of day/night. Crime isn't an issue to worry about, even with a university.
Ha Ha, when did you live there, 1976?
If you look at my previous posts on Bellingham, I list how many times my house and business were broken into and vandalized ( one time at gun-point). Bellingham is no Phoenix, but for a town of it's size, it's definitely not safe!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2006, 10:14 AM

4 posts, read 33,375 times
What about Yakima? It's around 70,000.

Old 08-27-2010, 09:49 PM

2 posts, read 2,896 times
We lived in Oak Harbor for 3 years (my husband was in the Navy) we liked it there, we LOVE Lynwood quite a bit. I'm actually really upset that we had left I'm currently trying to convince him that we should move there after we finish school. Be prepared for rain though (why he's so reluctant he hates rain especially for a big part of the year was about 9 months out of the year in Oak Harbor).

Old 08-27-2010, 11:25 PM

1,717 posts, read 4,649,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
I don't know much about Bainbridge Island, but I'd advise you against Bellingham. For such a smallish city, they have quite a bit of crime. I suspect that it's a combination of being a college town that is within spitting distance of the international border.
You not only know little about Bainbridge, clearly you know even less about Bellingham.

Seriously. Bellingham is a great town for families. Excellent schools, great activities, amazing access to the great outdoors, the 3rd largest University in the State, and close proximity to Vancouver and Seattle.

To suggest otherwise reeks of complete ignorance of the facts.

Property crime is high. Guess where that comes from? Seriously. Violent crime is very low. This is an extremely safe place to live.

There's a reason it's often voted quite highly as one of America's most livable cities.

Old 08-27-2010, 11:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Screenial View Post
Ha Ha, when did you live there, 1976?
If you look at my previous posts on Bellingham, I list how many times my house and business were broken into and vandalized ( one time at gun-point). Bellingham is no Phoenix, but for a town of it's size, it's definitely not safe!
I call BS. Unless you live in a few isolated areas. And if you live near campus, property crime is higher. I live near Lake Samish and I haven't locked my doors in 4 years.

Old 09-02-2010, 04:48 PM

27 posts, read 68,291 times
I totally agree with you Bill! Bellingham is a great place to live. I guess like anywhere else, it all depends on where you live. I have lived here 30 years, raised my children here, work here, play here and I have never been a victim of a violent crime.

Old 09-02-2010, 07:22 PM

68 posts, read 317,746 times
I lived in Bellingham for three years (while at WWU, 2006-2009) and didn't have any problems. My friend got his truck broken into once, but he was renting in a pretty shifty neighborhood. There's more homeless then you'd expect for a relatively small university town.

Like others have said, it depends where you buy. There are good areas and bad areas, like there are in *every* other town/city.

If you're looking for something a bit more quiet, think about Lynden, which is about 15 minutes North of Bellingham. It's a small farming town that's very pretty, if you dont mind the smell of cows. There are a *lot* of cows in Lynden.

Old 09-05-2010, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf14016 View Post
If you're looking for something a bit more quiet, think about Lynden, which is about 15 minutes North of Bellingham. It's a small farming town that's very pretty, if you dont mind the smell of cows. There are a *lot* of cows in Lynden.
Lynden is wonderful IF you are Dutch Reform Christian.

Otherwise be warned. You will be an outsider big time.

Old 09-07-2010, 05:11 AM

2 posts, read 2,621 times
Marysville or Lynwood
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington