Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2010, 07:44 PM

2,303 posts, read 5,678,259 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infamous92 View Post
Wow I semi-forgot about the people who left but now that I'm seeing names I'm noticinbg that they aren't there anymore. TWC is going downhill fast, it fell off cliff when Al Roker joined.

I actually like Stephanie Abrams, I loved the show Abrams & Bettes. I don't like waking up with Al, I only watched it once.

I feel really bad for Jeanetta Jones, I didn't really notice she (and many others) was gone.
I'm not a fan of Waking Up With Al either. The only thing I like is the music actually has words to it at that time of the day. I've just started to watch my local weather, which comes on every 10 minutes on our 24 hour news station.

I didn't know Jeanetta was in that accident either until I came across that link. Very sad. I hope she's made a great recovery.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovemycomputer90 View Post
There's quite a few meterologists that I forgot about. Paul Kocin for example.

The name Marnie Stanier sounds familar but I can't picture her face. Anyone remember her?
Stanier, yeah, I remember her. She had dark hair and eyes, and she was on during the late night hours, if I'm correct. She seemed nice enough. She was the one who was victimized by Bob Stokes, I think.

Also, here's a link to Kevin Robinson, who is now in Cincinnati: http://www.wlwt.com/wlwtnewsteam/21890367/detail.html (broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2010, 10:16 PM

15,318 posts, read 17,212,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBrakeforTailgaters View Post

Stanier, yeah, I remember her. She had dark hair and eyes, and she was on during the late night hours, if I'm correct. She seemed nice enough. She was the one who was victimized by Bob Stokes, I think.
I looked up youtube videos of "vintage" weather channel. Stanier was in some of them. I don't think my local forecast changed until maybe 2003, if I'm not mistaken. Ahh memories.

Quote:
Also, here's a link to Kevin Robinson, who is now in Cincinnati: Kevin Robinson - WLWT-TV News Team Story - WLWT Cincinnati (http://www.wlwt.com/wlwtnewsteam/21890367/detail.html - broken link)
I forgot about him. He hasn't been gone for long.

Old 07-12-2010, 10:38 PM

7,305 posts, read 28,214,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovemycomputer90 View Post

The name Marnie Stanier sounds familar but I can't picture her face. Anyone remember her?
Yeah I do. She had shoulder length blonde hair.... she was on in the 80s-90s.

Old 07-12-2010, 10:40 PM

7,305 posts, read 28,214,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBrakeforTailgaters View Post
Stanier had blonde hair and was on in the 80s/90s. I know the one you are thinking of though that was victimized about Bob (I cant think of her name right off), but it wasnt Marny.

Old 07-12-2010, 11:00 PM

15,318 posts, read 17,212,899 times
According to the wikipedia list, former meterologists now include Ryan Goswick, Bill Keneely, and Warren Madden. Not sure if the list is accurate, but these guys were on not too long ago.

Old 07-13-2010, 04:57 PM

927 posts, read 1,946,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennesseestorm View Post
Stanier had blonde hair and was on in the 80s/90s. I know the one you are thinking of though that was victimized about Bob (I cant think of her name right off), but it wasnt Marny.
According to Wikipedia, the object of Bob's tender mercies was Hillary Andrews. Neither are working for TWC now.

Old 07-16-2010, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FVWinters View Post
According to Wikipedia, the object of Bob's tender mercies was Hillary Andrews. Neither are working for TWC now.
Thanks for correcting me. I couldn't remember who it was, but it seemed like Stanier left for some discriminatory reasons too. I'll have to look it up.

Ryan Goswick can't leave! I always kinda had a crush on him--he always had such a cute smile....I wish him/them well!

Former meteorologist Paul Emmick is with Fox 41 in Louisville, KY. More info on him here: FOX 41 News Team - FOX41.com Louisville News Kentucky Indiana News Weather Sports

Old 07-18-2010, 04:58 PM

Sandra Diaz is in El Paso, TX, where she works for the Fox affiliate: Sandra Diaz - KFOX Biographies News Story - KFOX El Paso

Old 09-01-2010, 05:47 PM

Yay, it's officially confirmed--Cheryl Lemke IS working again Her bio is up on 11Alive, an Atlanta station:

11Alive.com | WXIA Atlanta, GA | Cheryl Lemke - Meteorologist/Weather Producer (http://www.11alive.com/company/bios/cheryl_lemke.aspx - broken link)

Old 09-01-2010, 08:03 PM

14,321 posts, read 14,611,366 times
Thanks for the info, I really liked Cheryl. I used to really like the morning team, too, the guy retired and they split up Heather and Nicole. I was surprised to see Nicole on the mddle of the night recently.

In my way of thinking, NBC really ruined TWC, it was getting worse but the takeover really finalized it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather